tModLoader Starter Classes

This is a nice little mod to make starting just a bit less painful, especially with classes that you can't craft a weapon from basic materials around spawn. Would you be interested in adding starter bags for my custom class mods, Expanded Sentries and Esper Class? The custom class support list is growing for this mod and I would like to be a part of that.
I'll start working on the Esper and Sentry class bags now, thanks for the suggestion :)
Congratz on that !
A small misunderstanding, the amber Idol effects combines nicely with the adorned branch, not the copper scepter !
In other words, in my mind, the best thing to do would have been to remove the deep forest charm, and add the 2 mentioned items, while keeping the adorned branch (thus, giving 3 shaman items in the bag (and a mana crystal ?)) for a smooth start, and a small introduction to the class mechanics, which implies a lot of weapon swapping and "synergies" between items (do not worry, this is not an unbalanced start compared to other starter kits available with your mod) %:sigh:

Sorry for not being clear about it in the first place ! ><
I think the Shaman bag drops are what you're thinking now (hopefully), let me know if there's anything I need to change.

It's all good, man. Take your time.
The Reaper Bag should now appear as an item as far as I can tell

I think the Shaman bag drops are what you're thinking now (hopefully), let me know if there's anything I need to change.

It works !

If you want to make the recipes unavailable unless a specific mod is installed, you can try this :

Code:
Mod thoriumMod = ModLoader.GetMod("ThoriumMod");
if (thoriumMod != null) {
    // Add Thorium-related Recipe
}

It will reduce the "bloat" in the recipes list, and avoid some user mistakes
You may have to ask mod devs for the internal name of their mod in some cases

Can you add mod support with Lite's Elemental Hearts mod?
I would be so pleasant if you will add it.

Can you add mod support with Lite's Elemental Hearts mod?
I would be so pleasant if you will add it.
Sorry for the late reply. As far as I can tell, the Lite's Elemental Hearts mod just adds consumable items to increase health, and a few weapons. This mod is for classes, so I would only really like to add bags for certain playstyles or classes. The Elemental Hearts mod does not have a custom damage class, or really expand on vanilla damage classes, and it does not implement a different playstyle either, so for that reason a bag like this would not fit into this mod.

Sorry for the late reply. As far as I can tell, the Lite's Elemental Hearts mod just adds consumable items to increase health, and a few weapons. This mod is for classes, so I would only really like to add bags for certain playstyles or classes. The Elemental Hearts mod does not have a custom damage class, or really expand on vanilla damage classes, and it does not implement a different playstyle either, so for that reason a bag like this would not fit into this mod.
i mean like, some basic hearts for start game

I would love it if you add clicker class. My example is: iron clicker, enchanted led, clicking glove, and 3 influence potions. Or change any of these if you so like

Last edited:
Mod suggestions:

Clicker Class
(Use the items they recommended earlier)

Amulet of Many Minions
- Acorn Staff
- Crest of the Forest
(Include the rest of the stuff for the class past this stuff, in the future might want to check on the mod since we're planning on adding accessories to early game)

Also, you should probably make the bags for other mods not appear unless you have the mod installed, like another user said.

Is this dead?
My guess is that this will only get updated when there are more classes to support. Otherwise, it pretty much works as intended, so there's not much to update without adding more bells and whistles.

On that note, Orchid Mod updated some days ago and has two more classes, Alchemist and Gambler.

If you want to add support for the Gambler and Alchemist classes from Orchid, here are some good starter items (using internal names) :
Note the classes do not have an emblem yet.

- Alchemist : DaybloomFlask and EmberVial.
- Gambler : EmbersCard and ForestCard.
Please, also consider removing the mana crystal from the shaman class starter bag, since the class doesn't use mana anymore.

I will also reiterate on my demand of removing unused mods starter bags from the crafting menu, simply use example the code below when adding recipes :
It will remove useless bloat, and possible mistakes for users.
If you need further help with it, please, contact me.

C#:
}

If you want to add support for the Gambler and Alchemist classes from Orchid, here are some good starter items (using internal names) :
Note the classes do not have an emblem yet.

- Alchemist : DaybloomFlask and EmberVial.
- Gambler : EmbersCard and ForestCard.
Please, also consider removing the mana crystal from the shaman class starter bag, since the class doesn't use mana anymore.

I will also reiterate on my demand of removing unused mods starter bags from the crafting menu, simply use example the code below when adding recipes :
It will remove useless bloat, and possible mistakes for users.
If you need further help with it, please, contact me.

C#:
}
Whoops, I remember reading that those classes were out but forgot to add bags for them -_-. Also, the removal of unloaded mod bags is in the mod, as toggleable config option. Looking at it now however, I will switch that as a toggle removal off, instead of a toggle removal on in the case a user doesn't realize there is a config menu and could benefit from that.

Back
Top Bottom