tModLoader Starter Classes

To all interested in this mod or following this thread, I have recently experienced a large data loss of many of my files, including the files for this mod. It will take some time for me to get updates going again as I have to recreate the files for this mod, which will take me some time since, as I think you all understand, I also have real life stuff I need to attend to, as well as I have lost a lot of motivation to work on this mod after losing the files. I hope you all understand

To all interested in this mod or following this thread, I have recently experienced a large data loss of many of my files, including the files for this mod. It will take some time for me to get updates going again as I have to recreate the files for this mod, which will take me some time since, as I think you all understand, I also have real life stuff I need to attend to, as well as I have lost a lot of motivation to work on this mod after losing the files. I hope you all understand
Hope you are able to get those files back! I can see why anyone would get unmotivated after something like data loss occurs.

Are you able to ask any of the tModLoader devs for help in recovering your files from the latest release of this mod? As in, them giving you access to your own source files? I know how much of a motivation killer losing files can be.

Sorry if someone answered this already but how do you get the class starter bag? do every new player starts with a Token/Coin in his inventory that is used to Craft the Starter bag he desires?

It's one thing if you give someone an Iron Broadsword/Iron Bow (I do Corruption/Crimson kamikazes for them) but Silver weapons are easily an Eye of Cthulhu boss battle weapon.

It's one thing if you give someone an Iron Broadsword/Iron Bow (I do Corruption/Crimson kamikazes for them) but Silver weapons are easily an Eye of Cthulhu boss battle weapon.
It's not even that op, it won't work on either any or most mod bosses, and no one wants to grind for those items, you can beat eye of Cthulhu expert mode with copper shortsword, so why does it matter if it skips the grinding and gives silver stuff?

I've beaten the Eye with both iron and silver weapons. There's not much of a difference there. I still don't see how a difference between two *extremely early-game* ore tiers is such a big deal.

So, I'm rather confused about the why there is such a difference between the Defender's and Esper's Bags. The former gives an iron tier weapon, but the latter gives just a wood tiered weapon. At that point, it's probably easier to just mine iron or lead around spawn than to go to the surface jungle to cut down a tree. A couple of the vanilla bags have silver tier weapons.

It's not even that op, it won't work on either any or most mod bosses, and no one wants to grind for those items, you can beat eye of Cthulhu expert mode with copper shortsword, so why does it matter if it skips the grinding and gives silver stuff?
I don't get your post. You said silver gear won't work on any or most mod bosses, when said gear could probably do fine against pre-EoC bosses like Thorium's Grand Thunder Bird. Not the best choices even compared to gold and platinum, but still workable. You can't speak for millions of players when saying no one wants to grind for silver tier items. Beating expert EoC with just a copper shortsword, assuming no armor or accessories that do more damage than that weapon, is a really bold claim to make. Why should that part be taken seriously? At this point, you could just as easily argue in favor of using any weak weapon against a boss clearly not in the same tier to justify giving anything stronger.

There was a 1.3.5 speedrunner who beat MECH BOSSES with that gear. Besides, people do grind for them, they don't grind for gold or platinum items.

There was a 1.3.5 speedrunner who beat MECH BOSSES with that gear. Besides, people do grind for them, they don't grind for gold or platinum items.
Oh wow that's really cool, now us the players that are not tryhard speedrunners, grind for better things at each point of the game instead of tryhard trough the mech bosses, and that silver stuff is just a little help at the start to progress better in pre-bosses or just this early point of the game.

Back
Top Bottom