Is this idea good?

• Yes.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

StereOtaku

Duke Fishron
This is a realativly simple. Once in the character creation there would be a extra menu. It would give you 4 choices and there discriptions. Edit:Then the boost would be chosen after you beat TWoF , that way newer players could get used to a class before commiting to it.
1.Melee/Warrior: Starts you character out with a wooden sword, copper pickaxe, and a copper axe+ permanent %3 melee damage boost.

2. Magic/mage: starts your character with a wand of sparking, copper pickaxe, and a copper axe + a permanent %3 magic damage boost.

3.Ranged/Hunter: starts your character out with a copper bow, copper pickaxe, copper ax, and 99 arrows + a permanent %3 ranged damage boost.

Edit: I'm taking this reccomendation from @Huzbubber_Tum
4.Summoner/General: strarts your charecter out with the lens staff(discription below) copper pickaxe, and a copper axe + a permanent %3 summoner damage boost.
Lens staff
Summoner damage:4
Tooltip: Summons a small demon eye to fight for you
(Basically a nerfed optic staff.)
Crafting recipe: 2lens 1black lens and 12 wood.

Melee sub classes.
1.Ninja. same gear but a %3 melee speed boost.
2.Samurai. same gear but a %3 melee crit chance.
3.Paladin. wooden sword -> Iron hammer. + %3 melee knock back.

Ranged sub classes.
1. Archer. Same gear but a %3 ranged speed boost.
2. Slinger. Same gear but a %3 ranged crit boost
3. Rocketeir. Same gear but a %3 ranged knockback boost.

Magic subclasses
1.Elf. Same gear but a %3 magic speed boost.
2.Witch. Same gear but a %3 magic crit boost.
3. Warlock. Same gear but a %3 magic knockback boost.

No summoner subclasses as of now. (Might be some soon! :))
Hope you all like this idea! ;)

Last edited:
It's not a bad idea, but the current classes can start already pretty fast by crafting their first weapon. With the exception of summoners (because a self-attacking ally is powerful early game)

I'll like this mostly because the mages have often a bad start. Depending on either a wand of sparks, gem staves, vilethorn or water bolt. all of them obtained not quite early-game, unless luck is on your side.

I'm not sure how well the devs would like that +5% damage boost, but it's a nice idea to be able to select your starting weapon.
It makes for better roleplaying anyhow. Support.

This is a pretty good idea! The only thing missing is the Summoner class. Maybe you could design some new early game summon weapon to go along with it. Anyways though, support from me.

Considering how rare the black lens is, I'm not very sure how to think about it as an early game summoner.

just a bit doubtful though, Summoners are the laziest class imo and I don't think one should start this lazy right away. so I'm also for it that it has an rare item to it.

if anything, it's still better than the slime staff.

Should I do little sub classes? Not like flail or boomerang or bow, but specific classes for each class that add a different bonus.

I don't like the idea, since you are asking a new player how they want to play the game without them even knowing how they want to play it (having no experience with the game), and the permanent damage boost basically puts them at a disadvantage if they change their mind and want to try a different playstyle. One of the great things about Terraria is that it never locks you into a specific playstyle, nor does it ever enforce class-specific restrictions.

Nice, I like the idea of role playing Maybe we can add a ninja/assassin class with new weapons like ninjato and smoke bombs?

If you use weapons not designed for your playstyle, you get penalties in damage like 10%? Vice versa.

I also like the idea of summoner class, you can start with slimes then zombies, demons, etc..

I don't like the idea, since you are asking a new player how they want to play the game without them even knowing how they want to play it (having no experience with the game), and the permanent damage boost basically puts them at a disadvantage if they change their mind and want to try a different playstyle. One of the great things about Terraria is that it never locks you into a specific playstyle, nor does it ever enforce class-specific restrictions.
Really there would be no bad choice since its a damage boost without a disadvantage, so no matter what new players choose it wouldn't be a mistake.

Nice, I like the idea of role playing Maybe we can add a ninja/assassin class with new weapons like ninjato and smoke bombs?

If you use weapons not designed for your playstyle, you get penalties in damage like 10%? Vice versa.

I also like the idea of summoner class, you can start with slimes then zombies, demons, etc..
I don't know about doing THAT many new weapons, and I was thinking about doing disadvantages, but i didn't do it because if the game makes you choose it would be bad if it had a disadvantage for something you couldn't advoid.

I think it would work if the player has "completed" the game at least once and there could be like an item to change your class.

Basically I think that if someone made a mod similar to this it would work pretty well, but I'm just a guy on the internet.

I think that this should not be available to new players. And also this should be optional you shouldn’t have to choose a class.

Ye that would be good I’m pretty sure though new players do not know what summoner is maybe Terraria should add classes in the turtorial explaining what each one does? Then new players would know.

My suggestion :
Mage may start with a Wand of Sparking because of 8 damage and the lack of knockback minus the On fire Debuff.
Slime Staff must be the one for Summoners (maybe but the lens Staff is good) if devs will have hard time making a new weapon. Support !

Back
Top Bottom