Game Mechanics Starting class choice.

Is this idea good?

• Yes.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
The lack in speed and mana would balance that out. And in early mode, mage is basicly a sub class due to the lack of weapons available.

This is a good idea, though maybe instead of an intrinsic boost, each class starts with an accessory that boosts their class damage by 3-5% (basically, a weaker Emblem). That would allow players to switch classes if they find they prefer a different class (maybe the Eye of Cthulhu can drop Mini-Emblem items).

But those emblems would soon be outclassed, unless you gave them there own seperate slot. That would be neat though, you could give each mini emblem special reforges. What if you made skeletron drop them, that way there tough to get (cause you might have to get the clothier doll a bunch of times), and would give skeletron more drops.

I like the idea but 3% damage boost is very small. IMO it should be like a 15% increase and 10% decrease to all other types of weapons. There should be a neutral class too. Maybe the armor for the class you choose should give +1 defense per piece.

I'm not sure about the permanent damage boost, it would kinda ruin the gameplay as it's basically getting all the weapons and how well they are sorted in terms of their damage, what i'm saying is things are balanced the way they are.

I like the idea of choosing a class to stick too, and then having the options of sub classes. Not sure about the lens staff though, as the slime staff right now is the weakest summoner, but that is understandable because slimes are the weakest in a sense. Perhaps you could have a little dirt block that floats around you.

Dirt Staff

Insert stats here

Summons a dirt block

Dirt staff

4 damage
5% crit chance
Uses 5 mana

Crafting= 20 dirt blocks, 100 wood, 5 mud ,5 clay.
Seems fair
"Summons a floating dirt block to club foes"

I'm not a fan of having you commit to a single class from the very beginning of the game. What if I find an Arkhalis and want to change mid-game? What if I'm new and don't even know how the class thing works? And lots of mods add additional classes that would mess with it.

I'm not a fan of having you commit to a single class from the very beginning of the game. What if I find an Arkhalis and want to change mid-game? What if I'm new and don't even know how the class thing works? And lots of mods add additional classes that would mess with it.
That's the whole point of a class playthrough, you don't just simply change mid through, perhaps you should actually consider the fact that this isn't for someone who has JUST got the game and is doing their first playthrough, after the forst time, people realoze that they can so a class playthrough and wouldn't feel the need to change midway, what if i got a reaper scythe from the solar eclipse? Would i just change, no i wouldn't because despite having the luck of getting that item, you just gotta deal with it.

I feel like Melee sub classes should start with Spear (Paladin) and Wooden Boomerang (Ninja) because they're more interesting than just swords. One should still start with a sword, maybe a Copper Broadsword because Wooden you can make in the first 40 seconds of the game.

Back
Top Bottom