Game Mechanics Starting classes & benefits

What do you think?

• MUM GET THE CAMERA (add it now)

• SUPPORT worthy

• Reasonable

• Not good (leave reason in the comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where do you see levels?

The Teeria Legends server uses both exp leveling and class plug ins. In fact there are quite a few popular servers running a class system plugin or mod. Both TerarriaServers and Tserverweb list pages worth.

And terraria is already rpg based, albeit a bit mary sue.

Why are we splitting hairs? Please don't twist my words. :confused: Yes, Terraria is an RPG but it is not a leveling RPG. Like D&D or Diablo.

I have palyed many RPG's over the years. I palyed WoW for 7 and I palyed D&D as a kid. I have tried a few of the Terraria class servers and I don't care for it. It's not something I want Terraria to be completely revamped into.

I do like @MrTheEpicNinja's statement about an option to turn it on or off. Maybe an option at character creation. That is something I could support.

Last edited:
The Teeria Legends server uses both exp leveling and class plug ins. In fact there are quite a few popular servers running a class system plugin or mod. Both TerarriaServers and Tserverweb list pages worth.
and how do plugins or mods help the other umpteen platforms that have terraria? You understand that suggestions are cross platform yes?

Consoles and mobiles don't share the perks of pc, please think of the community at large when posting in suggestions. We ALL want a more involved experience.

and how do plugins or mods help the other umpteen platforms that have terraria? You understand that suggestions are cross platform yes?

Consoles and mobiles don't share the perks of pc

I hear console and mobile are both buggy and are a waste of money. If you play Terraria on either platform that is your loss.

please think of the community at large when posting in suggestions. We ALL want a more involved experience.

As i stated they are buggy. Not to mention coded by an entirely different company. Bugs so bad the people are losing hours and hours of their work. I can't take the console and mobile into consideration when they don't work as intended in the first place.

As far as Terraria is concerned.... #PCMasterrace

I can see the appeal of choosing a class as I'm a big fan of Diablo and Dragon Age. But if I wanted that, I'd play those games.
The way Terraria is now, I can play as open or restricted as whatever rules I impose on myself (eg no melee weapons). I like that. I would like it to stay that way...

But you have great ideas and put a lot of thought into them so don't be put out to much. Keep at it and have fun! :happy:

This is not a example of the suggestion being bad, its an example of the suggestion not fitting into the game. Having these bonuses would change terraria. Also the perks that was mentioned earlier is pretty much an accesory that doesn't take up a spot.

I hear console and mobile are both buggy and are a waste of money. If you play Terraria on either platform that is your loss.

As i stated they are buggy. Not to mention coded by an entirely different company. Bugs so bad the people are losing hours and hours of their work. I can't take the console and mobile into consideration when they don't work as intended in the first place.

As far as Terraria is concerned.... #PCMasterrace
If you're posting with the intent of insulting the player base then do us a favor and move on from the thread.
This is not a example of the suggestion being bad, its an example of the suggestion not fitting into the game. Having these bonuses would change terraria. Also the perks that was mentioned earlier is pretty much an accesory that doesn't take up a spot.
I see where you're coming from but these would be some pretty weak accessories none the less.

If you're posting with the intent of insulting the player base then do us a favor and move on from the thread.

I see where you're coming from but these would be some pretty weak accessories none the less.

If you assume someone is posting with the intent to insult another user than the proper thing to do is report it and move on. Not comment back in an attempt to derail the thread.

Hence, I will end our discussion. I sincerely wish you the best.

Please keep things respectful in this thread and do not start a flame war. No more talk of how the other Terraria platforms are bad or whatnot, these types of comments just create flamewars. This will be the only warning. Any more flaming or platform bashing will result in warning points. You can state your opinion on other consoles elsewhere, as that has nothing to do with this thread.

Please keep things respectful in this thread and do not start a flame war. No more talk of how the other Terraria platforms are bad or whatnot, these types of comments just create flamewars. This will be the only warning. Any more flaming or platform bashing will result in warning points. You can state your opinion on other consoles elsewhere, as that has nothing to do with this thread.
Charmander seriously it is like impossible to read your text without highlighting it xDD

I think this sort of thing is best made into a mod. The hardcore fan base becomes a fine volatile mist whenever big mechanic changes like this are even mentioned.

I think this sort of thing is best made into a mod. The hardcore fan base becomes a fine volatile mist whenever big mechanic changes like this are even mentioned.

There are already dozens of servers running class plugins.

Agreed with Char's verbal warning here; I don't want to see any PCMasterrace stuff on these forums. These forums address all platforms of the game . . . this means rejecting a suggestion because "you can use a mod for that, and if you aren't on PC well then too bad" is an entirely invalid reason for rejection. While PC is the primary concern of these suggestions, the absence or presence of mods should not impact the actual additions to the game.

Consoles and mobiles don't share the perks of pc, please think of the community at large when posting in suggestions. We ALL want a more involved experience.

Kind of sounds like you are saying because mobiles and consoles lack certain features or the ability that the PC communityshould have to suffer as well. Those are the strength's of the PC. That's what makes the PC superior, IMO, for gaming.

On the other end of the spectrum there is plenty that a PC cannot do. For instance I cant carry it with me in my pocket and get 60" triple screen full surround gaming. Mobile device are superior in other ways. Every platform has it's pro's and cons.

As for the topic of this thread. After thinking about it some more I think it would be a great feature. I might bring more people into the game. But i feel it should be an option and not a revamp of the game.

I like leveling based RPG's but I don't feel it has a home with Terraria. Leveling require's balance and that's what many of the class server's lack. Balance. You can use gear way long before you are ever close to acquiring it yet they ban end game items so don't expect to do any holiday events.

At certain points during game progression I think just about everyone has used a weapon outside their characters planned role. Like mage's using The vampire knives or melee using ranged weapons. I think everyone needs to play a hybrid style at some point and introducing a leveling system and restricting players to a certain playing style would require a huge revamp of the the game.

Again I like the Idea as long as it's optional.

Last edited:
Ever since Cenx released that these would be new starting clothes (clothes on character)

Um, what now? When was this context provided as to what the cultist thing meant?

Also, I'm gonna so no thank you to classes like this. I would like magic and summoner weapons to be available relatively early game (like how rangers can easily get bows/blowpipes early) though.

Um, what now? When was this context provided as to what the cultist thing meant?.
In penguins spoiler discussion, cenx stated that the clothes on the player were new starting clothes.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422070344][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys why did this thread turn into a pc vs console fight? Keep this thread about the thing i was merely suggesting because melee and ranged have an easier start than magic and summoner. These perks would not restrict you to any class and certainly not cause terraria to turn into a full on rpg. Its just a little bonus for if you would like to use a certain type of weapon over another.

In penguins spoiler discussion, cenx stated that the clothes on the player were new starting clothes.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422070344][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys why did this thread turn into a pc vs console fight? Keep this thread about the thing i was merely suggesting because melee and ranged have an easier start than magic and summoner. These perks would not restrict you to any class and certainly not cause terraria to turn into a full on rpg. Its just a little bonus for if you would like to use a certain type of weapon over another.
But the early-game doesn't need a bonus. And there are lots of summoner items in early game. Slimes, hornets and you can use those until you can get imps. as for magic, you can just suicide run the dungeon for a water bolt, as they are pretty common. And in early game magic weapons aren't so effective. Like I said earlier, its too much of a genre switch to be considered to fit.

But the early-game doesn't need a bonus. And there are lots of summoner items in early game. Slimes, hornets and you can use those until you can get imps. as for magic, you can just suicide run the dungeon for a water bolt, as they are pretty common. And in early game magic weapons aren't so effective. Like I said earlier, its too much of a genre switch to be considered to fit.
Well the only flaw there is the laughably high rng for slime staff and hornet isn't terribly early is it.
And what about hardcore, suiciding for water bolt seems a pointless endeavor there, but magic items can be obtain with an hour of digging so i agree there.
I still personally can't see how this changes the core game but i'm understanding where the opposition is coming from. If that counts for anything.

I do not support this because having a infinate potion would be terrible because when the effects were of the poton cooldown has ended 5 minutes ago and also terraria is meant to be a free game so there is no need for classes!

Back
Top Bottom