• Sweet!

• pretty good, i guess.

• too much RPG like for me.

• nah.

• nope nope nope so much NOPE.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PulseFox

Spazmatism
Does anyone else agree that the regular starting weapon: the copper shortsword is a little bad if youre going mage or ranger?

Well here's an idea: when you make your character, you can choose what you are going for: warrior, ranger, sorcerer or summoner.

The warrior starting kit will give you the copper shortsword,pick and axe, and a Warrior's ring.

Warriors ring:
5%+ melee damage.

the ranger starting kit will be different: you get a copper bow, a copper pick and axe, plus a ranger's ring

Ranger's ring:
5%+ Range damage

and here comes the sorcerer starting kit: wood staff, copper pick and axe, and of course, sorcerer's ring.
you also start with 40 mana instead of 20.

Wood staff:
7 magic damage
slow speed
4%crit
average knockback
3 mana.

and at last, the summoner kit: slime staff, copper pick and axe, and what else????? the summoner's ring, of course

spriters are welcome if you are aable tto do sprites of the ring and the wood staff.

hope you like it!

EDIT: Dangit, i failed at the poll....i am bad at this...

Does anyone else agree that the regular starting weapon: the copper shortsword is a little bad if youre going mage or ranger?

Well here's an idea: when you make your character, you can choose what you are going for: warrior, ranger, sorcerer or summoner.

The warrior starting kit will give you the copper shortsword,pick and axe, and a Warrior's ring.

Warriors ring:
5%+ melee damage.

the ranger starting kit will be different: you get a copper bow, a copper pick and axe, plus a ranger's ring

Ranger's ring:
5%+ Range damage

and here comes the sorcerer starting kit: wood staff, copper pick and axe, and of course, sorcerer's ring.
you also start with 40 mana instead of 20.

Wood staff:
7 magic damage
slow speed
4%crit
average knockback
3 mana.

and at last, the summoner kit: slime staff, copper pick and axe, and what else????? the summoner's ring, of course

spriters are welcome if you are aable tto do sprites of the ring and the wood staff.

hope you like it!

EDIT: Dangit, i failed at the poll....i am bad at this...

First of all, why leave the Warrior with the copper shortsword, and second of all, just no. This wouldn't work in the game. Being able to pick what class from the start? Not gonna fly. You'll be haxxed already. Having the slime staff at the start of the the game? That's kinda OP. And what does this wood staff do? And, the ring doesn't give enough damage boosts: You would need 20 damage, just to raise the damage by 1.

Like Everybody also said, the Slime Staff is incredibly powerful, too powerful to have at the start.
I also don't see the point of this. You can make a bow a minute after starting and can make a magic wand soon enough.

First of all, Terraria is not an RPG and it does NOT have classes.
Just because "hurrr it said magic damage then its part of a mage class" doesn't turn this into a class.
Also, what keeps a mage or a ranger from using a sword?

"Starter kits" can be brought over from another world. That's all you need. Things that can easily be solved by the player's own initiative should not be something the developer do for you. You can find the exact same thread here by the way, making this a duplicate thread.

I perfer a Broken Copper Shortsword when I spawn in, cuz if u + anythin else it make boring D:
Plox No

Thanx!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back on Topic: I think this idea is not the best. I kind of expected something better, but just no, I don't see this as a good suggestion.

5% Support.

Back
Top Bottom