Items Starting with the Portal Gun

firecat666

Terrarian
The Portal Gun is a mobility item that's interesting, fun to use and works completely differently from all other mobility options in the game. Unfortunately few people bother with it because by the time it can be acquired the player has so many mobility options that it feels redundant. Not only that but using it requires learning an entire new way to move around.

After watching Wand of Sparking's series of videos (link to the first video) where he gives himself a Portal Gun at the start and plays the entire game using only that item to move around, I had the following idea to make this item available from the start but only under special circumstances:

Remove the Portal Gun from Moon Lord's drops and add it to the Princess' shop (and make it cheaper).

And maybe move the Gravity Globe to the Princess too, that's another novelty item that doesn't belong in Moon Lord's drop list. If done this way, the Portal Gun remains at more or less the same spot in progression except in celebrationmk10 worlds where it would be available from the start. It would also be available on the first day in getfixedboi but the player would need to get enough money to buy it before all the NPCs get killed.

Bonus Suggestion!: A new Expert Mode attacking accessory to replace the Gravity Globe. When equipped it changes the player's entire head sprite to look like a True Eye of Cthulhu (as if wearing a boss mask) and when the player attacks it fires a sweeping beam in a similar manner to a Lunar Portal sentry.

I’ll support this by all means but princess seems a little late in the game still to me. I think it should be earlier like in hard mode maybe midway.

Last edited:
I’ll support this by all means but princess seems a little late in the game still to me. I think it be earlier like in hard mode maybe midway.
For all I care it could even be available in pre-hardmode, but that's up to the devs. Princess is just the NPC closest to Moon Lord in progression.

Back
Top Bottom