Map-Adventure Starting work on an underwater map - Requesting assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodyFingers23

Skeletron Prime
Closed due to lack of response. Seems like everyone who wanted to help really just wanted to play and not actually work on the map.
If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize; feel free to move it. I've posted this request on reddit and in steam discussions, so rather than typing all of it again, here is a link and copy of the original post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/5htykz/assistance_requested_working_on_a_map/
===

Lately I've been toying around with an idea for an adventure map, and I'm finally ready to start working on it for real. I'm perfectly capable of doing it alone, but I figured it would be more fun (and go by much quicker) if I had help. Here's how I've planned out the building:

• Step1 - Create and modify a new world via tEdit.
The reason for this is that the world will be entirely underwater, save for a few islands (not necessarily sky islands) up top, and a bit of sky/space above that. I'll be adding things like the dungeon, temple, hives, livingwood trees, etc. in with clipboard schematics, so if anyone wants to contribute schematics on these, or any other things that fit the underwater theme, please feel free to contact me.

• Step2 - Manually detail the world.
This is the harder part imo. Since the world will be mostly underwater, I'm planning on implementing things that you'd normally find underwater: chasms in the sea floor, large reef structures, a sunken ship or two, as well as ancient ruins (think Atlantis). I'll also be attempting to modify the dungeon and temple to make them fit the theme more as well, without sacrificing their biome traits. I'm also kicking around some ideas on what to do about world evil.

• Step3 - Storybuilding, wiring(yay), and NPC placements.
There isn't a concrete storyboard for this map yet. On the one hand, I'd like to have as many details as needed to make the map fun, but on the other hand, I want the map to be dynamic enough to fit many different stories should some people want to use the map for RP purposes. As for wiring, I want to throw them in with ancient ruins as I mentioned, and possibly on some islands. The focus is on mechanisms that trigger things to happen, like opening new or hidden areas. Traps are fine as well, but the simple 'step here and get shot' traps aren't going to cut it. There's going to be more depth to it than that... I haven't decided on a location for NPC's yet, though I have some ideas. Again, nothing is set in stone, so it's up for discussion.

• Step4 - Finishing touches, testing, and troubleshooting.
Pretty self explanatory. Once the map has been finished, it will need to be tested, then gone back over to correct any flaws that may have been overlooked.

Any offers for assistance should be directed to me via PM, and any questions to the comment section. I am fairly active here; if you contact me I should get note of it on my phone.

Thank you for reading all this, and I hope to hear from you all.

UPDATE: Step1 is nearly finished, just figuring out the placements of the islands and preparing for Step2. Also, I've been getting a lot of messages (almost every message) asking to help with wiring or storywriting. This will NOT happen until Step3. If you want to contribute wiring mechanisms, feel free to create and save tEdit schematics of them for when that time comes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom