Mobile Starts for Destoryer?

Title says everything. What armor should I have? What weapons?
Destroyer is very dependent on your weapon choice, more than almost anything.

As for armor, you should have Adamantite or Titanium as melee or mage, Frost as ranged, and Obsidian as summoner. Forbidden might be good if you want to hybrid mage and summoner, and its tornado is good versus Destroyer.

You really want weapons that either have pierce or projectile flood. Weapons like these will crush the Destroyer in no time, while other weapons will struggle.

For Melee, your best choices are flails: Dao of Pow or Drippler Crippler. You can also use Fetid Baghnakhs to tank the boss, but this isn’t a good strat in higher difficulties.

For Ranged, your immediate best option is Dart Guns with cursed darts. Daedalus Stormbow with wither Jester, Exploding, Unholy or Holy Arrows is also good, and can deal with the ensuing Probe spam.

For Mage, Life Drain and Golden Shower are your best bet, Meteor Staff if you’re corrupt and don’t want to use opposite evil weapons. Clinger Staff and Nimbus Rod should be used as support for all classes. You can also melt him with Tome of Infinite Wisdom if you’ve already done OOA.

For Summoner, the OOA sentries (Explosive Trap) can decimate him, and any whip does decently against him. Minions won’t make up much of your damage on this boss specifically because they don’t have linear pierce and the whip tags won’t stay, so I recommend something that attacks the nearest enemy automatically to deal with the probe swarms - Sanguine is good here.

Your arena should be a platform raised above the ground so you can see Destroyer coming and have a greater amount of his body open for attack at once. If you use any of the weapons that rain from the sky, you can put a box about 60 blocks up and be basically untouchable, but this is more of a cheese. You’ll want Heartreach Potions to pick up the probe drops along with traditional combat potions, if you need them. But overall, Destroyer is easy enough with the weapons I listed to where this shouldn’t be an issue.

Last edited:
As for armor, you should have Adamantite or Titanium as melee or mage, Frost as ranged, and Obsidian as summoner. Forbidden might be good if you want to hybrid mage and summoner, and its tornado is good versus Destroyer.
Isn't the destroyer immune to frostbite? If you want ranged dps you'd be better off admantite head + frost chest + myhtril greaves.

Also I would actually recommend Palladium armor, sure you'll kill the destroyer a few seconds slower but the regen is amazing for survival.

I don't think it can be stressed enough how useful heartreach potions are. If you're on a corruption world you can buy crimson seeds from the dryad make a mini crimson biome with a pond so you can get the fish needed to make them. Also don't forget to make regen potions, they're dirt cheap and grant amazing regeneration.

@whoneedsnamestbh Do you thing a Sunfury would work?
I mean... that probably could work but drippler crippler will be doing at least twice as much damage. Getting a better weapon would be more important than getting an armor with more % boosts.

If you want a low effort to get weapon to use on destroyer use an ore repeater and load it with jester's arrows.

To beat The Destroyer I made a floating stone platform with a campfire, a heart lantern, and two holes for the nimbus rod cloud near the center. The Destroyer almost never got up to the platform and the nimbus rod clouds did plenty of damage. A titanium repeater with normal arrows dealt with the probes, just make sure you defeat them as soon as possible. I used a full set of titanium armor. Try not to leave the center or fall through the holes. Wasn't very hard I think I over-prepared.

Back
Top Bottom