• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Stat Cloaks

Would you like this?

• Yeah!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Nope. (Tell me why)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Zygomorph

Spazmatism
Most people don't realize that they even exist. Capes. Sold by the Traveling Merchant for a hefty sum yet completely useless.

Stat Cloaks. Sold by the Traveling Merchant for a hefty sum yet are worth it (hopefully).
kdcROYP.png

Name | Buy/Sell | Stat Bonus
Ranger's Cloak | 15
Gold_Coin.png
/ 3
Gold_Coin.png
| +10% Ranged Damage, -20% Ammo Consumption
Mage's Cloak | 15
Gold_Coin.png
/ 3
Gold_Coin.png
| + 10% Magic Damage, -45% Mana Comsumption
Warrior's Cloak | 15
Gold_Coin.png
/ 3
Gold_Coin.png
| +10% Melee Damage, +10% Melee Critical Strike Chance
Summon's Cloak | 15
Gold_Coin.png
/ 3
Gold_Coin.png
| +10% Summon Damage, +1 Minion Capacity

Tell me what you think, and some sprites might be coming soon.

Last edited:

Kola17_97

Spazmatism
I guess this is a cool suggestion but I really don't know if I want to sacrifice one of my accessories for a Ranger Cloak.

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
That's nice and all, but what about the other vanity accessories?

Why only the capes? you got a chew all that's on your plate.

Zygomorph

Spazmatism
That's nice and all, but what about the other vanity accessories?

Why only the capes? you got a chew all that's on your plate.
I could form a giant suggestion... Kind of like Bacon's Biome Weapon thing.

Because capes are useless otherwise.

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
I could form a giant suggestion... Kind of like Bacon's Biome Weapon thing.

Because capes are useless otherwise.
So is the crimson cloak, halo, and diamond ring.

Point is, if cloaks get stats, these should too.

Last edited:

Zygomorph

Spazmatism
So is the crimson cloak, halo, and diamond ring.

Point is, if cloaks get stats, these should too.
The Stat Cloaks are meant to replace all capes.

Well yeah. I'm actually already formulating plans for all accessories. I usually just flick through the "Random Page" on the wiki and look for something to fix.

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
The Stat Cloaks are meant to replace all capes.

Well yeah. I'm actually already formulating plans for all accessories. I usually just flick through the "Random Page" on the wiki and look for something to fix.
why replace when you can just add stats to the existing capes?

there's 4 capes, there's 4 classes. the assets are already there.

Zygomorph

Spazmatism
or make them available after plantera is defeated.
a hefty price isn't enough to justify an overpowered item.
Good point... However, after Plantera is too late. Then you can get the Turtle Armor, and Spectre, etc., which is much better. After 1 mech?

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
Good point... However, after Plantera is too late. Then you can get the Turtle Armor, and Spectre, etc., which is much better. After 1 mech?
the difference between armour and this, is that this is an accessory, of course a full set of class armour will be better than a class accessory of the same tier.

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
No, each one part of the armor is better than these. I made sure of that.
then add some spice to them. give them a special ability or something, like the ranger cloak could sometimes make ranged weapons shoot a special projectile at no cost as an example.

Zygomorph

Spazmatism
then add some spice to them. give them a special ability or something, like the ranger cloak could sometimes make ranged weapons shoot a special projectile at no cost as an example.
I had an idea similar to that. The cloaks would make 5% less damage of every other type of damage from enemies.

ManaUser

Brain of Cthulhu
There's nothing wrong with these items (though they seem like a late-game kind of thing) but I would prefer to keep the current cloaks vanity. Perhaps these could be crafted from those plus emblems or something.

Zygomorph

Spazmatism
There's nothing wrong with these items (though they seem like a late-game kind of thing) but I would prefer to keep the current cloaks vanity. Perhaps these could be crafted from those plus emblems or something.
Well these are nice-looking still. I propose a sprite of them only with the emblems superimposed onto them. Perhaps the summoner one would just be a generic-looking staff.

Moartem

Skeletron Prime
Cloaks have style, and the proposed stats seem OP for 15 Gold.
I think there´s already enouth accessories to boost damage etc.

Top Bottom