State housing?

Tachytaenius

Skeletron Prime
Been playing for years, (though I only just started playing again) but I still haven't managed to shake off my tendency for generic architecture.
Capture 2020-05-26 08_59_13.png

I intend to put some candles on the tables if I can get my hands on some gold (platinum world), and bottles on the shelves etc etc. I'm also going to move the banner(s) off the house-- maybe into a banner room? I'll do a cottage with nice walls etc somewhere else. I have to, with the new happiness mechanics, don't I?

Anyway. I'm still happy I did all this... I feel like I earned it. When I was giving my character some starting vanity I was tempted to give a couple of starting items (just guide to critter companionship really) but I decided against it because, as I felt with this house, making something yourself that you've earned feels good.

I have been working and progressing a little.
Capture 2020-05-26 09_58_33.png

It's a little nicer now. I've varied some of the furnishings etc, somewhat to the (perceived) personalities of the NPCs, but I will keep doing so—once I get the resources/ideas to.
I didn't have enough silk for a bed for the nurse.
I also want to make a personal house to put my own bed (+ spawn) in, perhaps the better-design-than-currently house idea would fit.
I haven't sorted the chests yet, except for an ores & bars chest.

Also, fun(...) fact: there are no walls behind solid blocks (or doors) in my designs—except for there being fences behind the wood blocks on the balconies. I liked the way it thickened the horizontal board between the visible fences and the wooden blocks, though I can't get a join between the fences and the doors because putting any wall block behind the doors will break the design-- wait... I just had an idea. I'll post it if it works.
Also, the tops of the balconies are hammered down.

Thanks for the tip, @NickIAm.

Capture 2020-05-27 15_52_49.png

Unfortunately, there has been progress on the big building. It's like if brutalism was done with wood.

Capture 2020-05-27 15_53_05.png

Finished a different architecture. It's not very good IMO but I ventured out. I am pleased with how the fireplace + slab wall + chimney thing turned out. I also put different wall types behind some of the beams because that darkens the edges around the visible walls. It's an interesting effect to play with.
I'm unhappy with the glass. I wish I could have had some wall behind it.

Capture 2020-05-27 16_43_45.png

Furnished. Idk who to put in. Zoologist was my first arrival so I'll let her stay I guess.

Thanks for the tip, @NickIAm.

View attachment 274472
Unfortunately, there has been progress on the big building. It's like if brutalism was done with wood.

View attachment 274473
Finished a different architecture. It's not very good IMO but I ventured out. I am pleased with how the fireplace + slab wall + chimney thing turned out. I also put different wall types behind some of the beams because that darkens the edges around the visible walls. It's an interesting effect to play with.
I'm unhappy with the glass. I wish I could have had some wall behind it.

View attachment 274474
Furnished. Idk who to put in. Zoologist was my first arrival so I'll let her stay I guess.
You are welcome :D
Also now I can feel your soul in builds!

Capture 2020-05-27 22_13_41.png
fuc u anlger
Capture 2020-05-28 20_23_06.png
The way I blocked off the entrance to the underground's nice. Also I need to put the walls back. That's the only problem I have with making holes with explosives-- it makes either side a separate landmass instead of there just being a big hole in the ground. In my 2D->3D interpretation, anyway.

I got myself a cellphone, and an architect's gizmo pack, an unreal revolver, boomstick and quad-barrel, (reforging can be expensive!! But still I was lucky with those too lol) a golden fishing rod, and some other stuff. Also two enchanted swords. Sold one.
I've been digging clentaminator tunnels using this setup:
Light deathbringer (though I just found a bone pickaxe, so...) for soft blocks and light molten for hard blocks (look it up on the wiki) + sugar rush + mining potion + exquisitely stuffed + ancient chisel (+ shine potion, gills potion and obsidian skin potion too) + obsidian shield bc staying aligned is useful. ofc, i use smart cursor positioned underneath me to dig so fast.

I also did some expert mode bosses for their loot. I love the worm scarf so damn much.
Thinking of setting up a wire-gathering scheme where I teleport from one side of the world and use the grand design to cut away all wires generated in the world layer by layer. + some wires on the sides so that when i cut i know what level i've gone to? idk.
if i did this pre-hardmode ig a pylon would do
wait no it wouldnt. ocean - ocean? wait yes ocean-cavern i guess. w/e.

Capture 2020-05-31 22_49_21.png
I like this fishing spot. The lighting of the wavy water with the wavy plants looks awesome. Also sp00ky fish mannequin.

Capture 2020-06-01 00_54_55.png

I was listening to Sewerslvt (not my usual taste!) when I made this abomination. Checks out, I guess. All the chests are labelled.

Here is aforementioned clentaminator progress. Got a little confused at the end of the world lol
Medium world btw
lJvtyWm.png

That's... 53 hours I've been playing this character for. Also did some extra worlds for expert stuff. Also getting worms :p
I almost lost it all at one point. I use git to back up my stuff and manage transfer between laptop and desktop if needed.

Finished all my tunnels. Also, that mining thing?
Yeah.

WOW. Going to the bottom of the world (remember, obsidian skin :p) and digging away for a while.......... pays off.
Hellstone BARS sell for.... quite a bit.

I have 7 and a half platinum, now. In pre-hardmode.

beat the moon lord.
also, built a house for the zoologist and golfer and kickened 'em out of what was originally meant to be mine (the signs had always said so)
Capture 2020-06-10 00_55_07.png
Capture 2020-06-10 00_57_20.png
finally! also no more npcs so i can build any sort of room w/o worrying about ppl moving in

ok i lied i still have santa left but w/e i'll just but him in a minimal wooden box in the top left corner of the world (jkjk wow thatd be mean)

also: button design
Capture 2020-06-05 20_35_25.png
Capture 2020-06-05 20_35_36.png

coz using switches (has (visual) state) w/ (stateless) teleporters is vile imo

Back
Top Bottom