Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, completely useless.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pencil Frog

Terrarian
So my idea is basically this
paras_173.jpg

... If you're not sure what that is, it's a coin operated binocular... Thingy... (I can't seem to find one common name that it's actually called :p)

I was building a PvP arena for a server I play on, and I got thinking. Spectating can be kind of boring because sometimes you can't even see whole arena. You can't just give all the spectators binoculars and tell them to throw them away when they're done, because you know most of them wouldn't. It's a pretty rare drop, so you don't want to just hand them out freely.

My suggestion is to implement one of these Stationary Binocular things, crafted from Binoculars and maybe Iron/Lead... Unless you feel otherwise about the recipe xD

It's function would be the same as Binoculars, but it's a placed item and it only zooms out when you right click it, and it returns to normal viewing when you either right click it again, or walk away from it :)

I think that the crafting recipe should be this in this format

Crafting
1 tripod
1 binoculars
2 lens

crafting (tripod)
15 iron/lead
3 chains

I also think that it should have a better zooming feature cthan the binoculars

Yes, please!

It would be really useful for spectating in PvP as you said, and it's just like a binocular, the only problem is, unlike the Binocular, it isn't mobile.
lol
That's the point. If it weren't stationary, people would have to have it in their inventories, and it would be just as bad as handing out Binoculars :p
The point of this is to not ruin the server economy for Binoculars...
I think that the crafting recipe should be this in this format

Crafting
1 tripod
1 binoculars
2 lens

crafting (tripod)
15 iron/lead
3 chains

I also think that it should have a better zooming feature cthan the binoculars
That is a great idea :p
What else could you put on a tripod? Maybe a camera that takes a screenshot when right clicked? For those that don't use the steam version... But that's another topic.

Last edited:
And then we'll make it so you need 1 platinum to operate it.
I see this as a good idea, even though I never use binoculars. Have a like.

this is just amazing,
most people may not agree because it's pretty useless during singleplayer, but for spectating in multiplayer is this a great feature

Would it stack with the Sniper Rifle, Rifle/Sniper Scope and Binoculars?
Hmm... I'm don't see why not. The only reason I can think of not to, is maybe the world loading? I'm not sure how that works, or how far away from the player it renders the world. I suppose it's up to the devs :p

And then we'll make it so you need 1 platinum to operate it.
-snip-
Have a like.
lol, and thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom