Working as Designed Statue mobs no longer drop loot when killed in lava?

Roakie

Official Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I did not see anything in the patch notes about drop rates for statues being affected. I also didn't see anything specific to lava in regards to it either.

The only loot I see drop anymore is Gel from Slimes. NOTHING else is dropping loot when killed by lava spawned from statues.

If this was an undocumented change.... so be it... but I would like confirmation, or that yes it is a bug and it will be fixed :)

Same, I've only tried the slime statue, but I did it in underground hallow, and it didn't drop souls (I was killing them via weapon, not lava).

You need to hurt statue spawned enemies personally to get loot. This can include summons, but just lava doesn't work, I believe.

I'm not sure when this change was made exactly. Our changelog was very comprehensive but some things may have slipped through the cracks.

This may have been one of them.

I'm not sure when this change was made exactly. Our changelog was very comprehensive but some things may have slipped through the cracks.

This may have been one of them.

Perfectly understandable I'm just trying to confirm in the event it was an unintended change

Right now I have Jellyfish, Blood Zombie, Slime, Skeleton, and Piranha statues wired. I only see drops from Slime now when killed from lava.

I used to get Drops Ancient Gold Helmet (0.5%), Ancient Iron Helmet (1%), Bone Sword (0.49%), Skull (0.2%) and Hook (4%).
Drops Hook (3.3%), Robot Hat (0.4%), and Compass (1.33%).
Drops Gel (100%) and Slime Staff (0.01%). (STILL GET)
Drops Shark Tooth Necklace (0.033%) and Money Trough (0.025%).
Drops 1-4 Glowsticks (100%) and Jellyfish Necklace (1%).

Jellyfish and Granite Golems spawned from statues now drop their items even less frequently, and reduced the sell value of some of those drops. is what I found in the changelog, but nothing about anything else)

You say working as designed, so I guess... undocumented feature. Just odd 4 out of the 5 stopped dropping loot when damaged and killed only via lava.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure this change was already implemented somewhere before 1.4, since my unicorn farm definitely didn't work.
Just use summons.

I'm pretty sure this change was already implemented somewhere before 1.4, since my unicorn farm definitely didn't work.
Just use summons.
So explain why it was working perfectly fine up until the patch. I was actively doing it right up until I logged out real quick to do the update, and now only slime still works. I get gels, and occasionally still get the slime staff... but nothing for all the others.

Hey, I just looked into this, and its definitely changed to require "player damage" for the drops to be allowed. Lava still works, as long as you supplement with some form of player damage.

Trying to look into when this happened, so I can properly document it. With so many hundreds/thousand changes, a few things naturally slip by, and this seems to be one of them.

I'm going to find a way to stick this into the changelog though.

Hey, I just looked into this, and its definitely changed to require "player damage" for the drops to be allowed. Lava still works, as long as you supplement with some form of player damage.

Trying to look into when this happened, so I can properly document it. With so many hundreds/thousand changes, a few things naturally slip by, and this seems to be one of them.

TYVM Leinfors!

Is the change to not give souls of light/night/etc (even when killing mob with player damage) intentional, or am I insane and this wasn't a thing in 1.3 and was instead the result of some mod I had?

Honestly couldn't say. It sounds like an intentional change, but these statue spawn changes actually happened years ago and I'm having a very hard time tracking down the documentation on them (which is probably why I missed them for the changelog).

Back
Top Bottom