Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I specifically said I wasn’t bashing opinions.

I mean I guess it’s okay to be mad, but why would you?

Because they pushed an unfinished game to market with the expectation that their fans would appreciate that garbage. Call that a negative comment, or me being unfair or some playground logic workaround or whatever, but that's the truth. The studio was unprepared to handle such a project. They bit off more than they could chew, and now the console 1.3 release is going down as one of the worst update drops in video game history. I'm definitely not buying anything from them until I know it's fixed to an acceptable standard from now on.

It's a shame that people like you accept this treatment from video game developers nowadays. I remember when companies went out of business for this type of behavior.

Ok guys for real I own Terraria on mobile Xbox one Xbox 360 and PC.
Now that being said I know what an amazing update it it and how flawless and fun it is to play. I know that most of you don’t care if it has bugs and you just want to play it, but knowing how amazing the update is I wouldn’t want any bugs what so ever in the new update. So I guess what I’m trying to say is that you guys need to chill because the are working their butts off so that you people can play the new update how it was meant to be played so please give them a break they are obviously trying there hardest to get this out so calm down.

Because they pushed an unfinished game to market with the expectation that their fans would appreciate that garbage. Call that a negative comment, or me being unfair or some playground logic workaround or whatever, but that's the truth. The studio was unprepared to handle such a project. They bit off more than they could chew, and now the console 1.3 release is going down as one of the worst update drops in video game history. I'm definitely not buying anything from them until I know it's fixed to an acceptable standard from now on.

It's a shame that people like you accept this treatment from video game developers nowadays. I remember when companies went out of business for this type of behavior.

I feel that they really did try to do their best and that it is possible that if they didn't have hundreds of people large amounts of bugs might slip by. I know your frustrated, we all are. If it could help I would take a step back from Terraria and come back when you feel your ready to deal with either a better or worse game. :red: now I feel like a teacher trying to calm a student that was just in a heated argument that was about to get physical.
[doublepost=1515475398,1515475194][/doublepost]
Ok guys for real I own Terraria on mobile Xbox one Xbox 360 and PC.
Now that being said I know what an amazing update it it and how flawless and fun it is to play. I know that most of you don’t care if it has bugs and you just want to play it, but knowing how amazing the update is I wouldn’t want any bugs what so ever in the new update. So I guess what I’m trying to say is that you guys need to chill because the are working their butts off so that you people can play the new update how it was meant to be played so please give them a break they are obviously trying there hardest to get this out so calm down.

You sound like my mom... I'm uncomfortable

I feel that they really did try to do their best and that it is possible that if they didn't have hundreds of people large amounts of bugs might slip by. I know your frustrated, we all are. If it could help I would take a step back from Terraria and come back when you feel your ready to deal with either a better or worse game. :red: now I feel like a teacher trying to calm a student that was just in a heated argument that was about to get physical.

By that logic, if something doesn't work, we should just drop it on the ground and walk away until someone else comes along and fixes the issue.

The developers need to know that they messed up, because if people like you coddle them and say it's all alright, this type of behavior is reinforced.

And I don't want the 1.3.5 update to be a massive crapstorm like this was.

Besides, it doesn't matter if they tried their best. If the end result of their best work is a giant, buggy, unplayable mess, the company needs to be smacked into the dirt for releasing such a piece of trash.

I don't know man 1.2 is still probably worse.

By that logic, if something doesn't work, we should just drop it on the ground and walk away until someone else comes along and fixes the issue.

The developers need to know that they messed up, because if people like you coddle them and say it's all alright, this type of behavior is reinforced.

And I don't want the 1.3.5 update to be a massive crapstorm like this was.

Besides, it doesn't matter if they tried their best. If the end result of their best work is a giant, buggy, unplayable mess, the company needs to be smacked into the dirt for releasing such a piece of trash.

I understand what your saying, but what I meant is that you're raging so hard you're yell at everyone that might mean you need to cool off. Also recoding almost an enter game probley isn't the easiest thing to do.

P.s. I can't say anything against anything else you say because I know your right. Ok good night

Last edited:
I don't know man 1.2 is still probably worse.

I flew up into the sky this morning, and was met with a wyvern that immediately turned invisible and couldn't be hit with any weapons. I'm not saying I couldn't see him or anything, so I couldn't aim at him, (I couldn't). I'm saying that I couldn't do damage to him. And he was invisible.

My own worlds have been overwritten every single time I've joined a multiplayer game.

If you use dyes in your equipment slots, on occasion, all projectiles in the game will turn invisible. They're still there, but you can't see them, enemy or otherwise.

I vaguely remember 1.2 being pretty bad, but it was at least playable, to some degree. I'm having trouble justifying the purchase at this point. And I bought the game for 3 bucks. I'm actually saying that my 3 dollars were wasted.

I spent 3 bucks on a miniature model of a video game sword last week. I honestly think I got my money's worth with that thing, and it's been sitting on my bedroom shelf since I unwrapped it.

Not fun at all.

I understand what your saying, but what I meant is that you're raging so hard you're yell at everyone that might mean you need to cool off. Also recoding almost an enter game probley isn't the easiest thing to do.

P.s. I can't say anything against anything else you say because I know your right. Ok good night

You misunderstand rage and contempt.

You misunderstand rage and contempt.

This does not mainly go to you it goes to everyone-

It seems that whenever one's used the other always is there and I've seen this so much that they start to become one and the same.

Last edited:
Question is the update in cert testing or are we waiting for them to send it to Sony and Microsoft because I just finished preparing for 1.3(got the horned god set and all of ocram's loot and finished building my invasion afk arena)

So they didn't submit it.

Whelp time to play vr chat until 1.3 releases
IMG_20180107_065406.jpg

I was a bit jealous of PS4 receiving the update as me and my wife have been wanting the 1.3 update for ages. But seeing as how she'd be more upset at being turned into stone, or our world being corrupted and having to start over wouldn't be any fun. I'm a bit different from her I suppose, playing a buggy game wouldnt be an issue as it would be loads of fun exploring the possibilities of the new content regardless of lost progress. However Pipeworks is down right amazing for bringing this content to console as I have blown up all my computer's over the years. I just wanted to wish all you Terrarians a Happy Wonderful 2018! And I pray these nay sayers get cursed with a gazillion explosives in all their world's!!! 4 the Lulz!

The fact is, I admire pipeworks. They’ve completely rewritten a game basically from scratch, recoding isn’t an easy thing to do and no one here apart from the people who realise this have written good, appreciative comments. Nilruin, no offence here, but you clearly have no idea what it’s like in the gaming industry, it may seem slow and laid back, but it’s a hard job. Waiting for confirmation is just as bad if not worse, than that of waiting for the update to happen.
Sorry for the little rant but it boils my blood seeing people disregard the fact of how hard these guys are working to get the job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom