Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loki @ClearConscious
Is there a thread for community feedback where we could submit issues that arent necessarily bugs, but performance inhibitors or ideas? Thanks!
Also, although its not out for everyone and its rough for ps4, thank you for your hard work bringing this out. I am confident this will pass and we will have a solid console version that everyone can enjoy. I appreciate it. Terraria is my favorite game so far I've played.
Here you go @Gamma Sandwich: Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

It's highly agreed. Most people don't realize this but computers have only been around for less then 100 years, as a species we've only come so far with computing technology. Comparison of the code base used by PC vs Consoles is like writing in English for the PC where many of the words in the language end with "ING" and writing a code in a different format or in a new system is like decifering Chinese or French or Spanish where most of the words don't end with "ING". Flaming eachother over this is a sign of weakness only in yourselves and shows everyone that you lack the understanding. All of us here taking part in the forum's are all brothers and sisters through past generations and also in the future generations to come. We understand that some people are hurting irl, we understand that we are all hurting over this, but this does not excuse anyone here to be rude or mean to anyone. You can be mad, angry and upset, but please find other outlets. Goto a fair and find out how fast your fastball is, mine was clocked out at a top speed of 93mph. :)
Trolling is fine when it's all fun and games, but it becomes bullying when someone's taken it too far.
Telling someone to off themselves over the Internet is just the same as manslaughter, specially when you don't know who it is you're saying it to or their lives. For anyone knows these victims receiving it may have only others left to put their faith into rather then their family and friends because those people disappointed them and may actually follow through with what you say. And guess what, guess who goes to jail, the person who said it! Yes, if the courts ran an investigation and found evidence of this and deemed it your fault. The internet is a place in real life we all goto, it's a composite of many places where people meet and connect, mostly to have a good time. You wouldn't like it if I came to your favorite playground, sporting bar, legion, resteraunt, apartment building and etc. And trashed the place, so lady's and gentlemen please be kind, be angry but also be kind. Patients is the key to happiness.

... What did I just read? And was it supposed to make my head hurt?

I can't promise anything, but I would be very surprised if it didn't come within the next few weeks.
I bet your realy supprised us xbox players saw it coming though by now were use to it
[doublepost=1516134203,1516133746][/doublepost]
Really? That's your attitude about this? Do you remember when Terraria wasn't being actively updated for console and 1.3 wasn't even going to happen? Now that it's finally happening you are complaining that they're delaying the release so game-breaking bugs don't sour the experience? You sound so whiny. Terraria doesn't owe you anything.

Personally, I haven't had many problems with the PS4 version, but it does crash at least once a session. If Xbox folks can get a release with next to 0 crashes, that's worth a few extra weeks of development to me. Keep up the great work Pipeworks! Thanks for these updates!

Not even sure how you can say that and have anyone take you seriously. Just stop. Stop crying. It's not helping anyone. When it releases it'll release for Xbox. Seriously take a chill pill. Please.
Easy for you to say you have a ps4 you didnt get hyped up then get :red:slaped contiuosly, they hyped us up for several months of delays and i understand coding is not easy but when half if not more of your console audience is just waiting for something promised a month ago they should try to push that out i dont care if it crashes just about every session i want to be able to play it before i give up on terraria as a whole

I wish us Xbox users could also be on the forefront along side you PS4 users and submit our data, but alas, though shalt be our heroes
yea unfortunately M$ removed the option to backup saves etc because their crappy security on such things was completely broken, people modding saves etc etc.

I bet your realy supprised us xbox players saw it coming though by now were use to it
[doublepost=1516134203,1516133746][/doublepost]
Easy for you to say you have a ps4 you didnt get hyped up then get :red:slaped contiuosly, they hyped us up for several months of delays and i understand coding is not easy but when half if not more of your console audience is just waiting for something promised a month ago they should try to push that out i dont care if it crashes just about every session i want to be able to play it before i give up on terraria as a whole
OK will look at it like this I can’t even play it for two minutes without it freezing as of right now

can we all calm down a bit about xbox 1.3? im sure pipeworks is trying thier damned hardest to get this right for us. delays are just something that happen in the industry, and there is nothing that can be done but to wait. there is no need to get upset. hell, be happy that we are getting 1.3 in the first place

If people don't want to wait to play the 1.3 content why not play on the PC version?
Because a lot of people don't want to start from the beginning. Most console players have been preparing multiple toons and worlds just for the update. That's like asking someone to stop playing wow on PC for a console version (if they were to make one) but they have to make a new account to do so. People have literally logged years of play time into both Wow and Terraria. So you really think any of those people want to start all over again. Which is why I feel really bad for PS4 players with the save transfer problems.

I was just giving you some :red:, so ease up. Though, my analogy would have been something along the lines of picking your favorite kid and giving them their brother's birthday present. While claiming it's the other parents fault. See what I did there.

Atom I can see you saw it the wrong way so I feel like I should say this. When I said use your favorite toy or activity I didn't mean it as directing at you I meant to write it as "Imagine being told you couldnt use your favorite toy or do your favorite activity when everything else around you is". Again Im sorry for not clarifying. It was wrong and you have no reason to have to accept my apology but I just had to say. I'm sorry

Because a lot of people don't want to start from the beginning. Most console players have been preparing multiple toons and worlds just for the update. That's like asking someone to stop playing wow on PC for a console version (if they were to make one) but they have to make a new account to do so. People have literally logged years of play time into both Wow and Terraria. So you really think any of those people want to start all over again. Which is why I feel really bad for PS4 players with the save transfer problems.
You will still have to start over on Xbox.

I'm gonna say that at the latest, it'll come out for Xbox at the end of January. The earliest I'd say would be this weekend. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't come out within the next couple weeks.

Yes it is. How about you actually look and don't just say it's not there. It is, otherwise dozens of people wouldn't say the same thing. Microsoft :red:ed up and updated the store but not the game itself. Pipework Studios is taking way to long. 2 years is :red:ing stupid. They shouldn't be allowed to work on future updates. I'm not going to play 1.3 for xbox one when it comes out for 1 to 2 days because I know it will be buggy as hell even after waiting another :red:ing month from the PS4's release date.

I meant that the game itself didn't receive the update. Sorry if I was unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom