Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys im new to the forum and i was just wanted to say devs you are doing a great job keep it up :)

Welcome to the Official Terraria Forums! Here you'll find both good and bad.

On a serious (how this is serious, I haven't an idea) note, it's okay to be negative here, but don't start calling names and whatnots, if you do, you'll get that boot; remember what Mr., Ms. or Mrs. Small Cat said? He or she said, "If it fits, I sits." And certainly if you violate something, it will fit.

Yeah, that is true, but it was not new information. It looked like they copied it from an earlier one. Too much communication on status is not a bad thing. At least a "good news, everyone...." or something encouraging.
Too much communication can most certainly be a bad thing (in fact, that's what 'too much' means :) ), in more ways than one.

The more information that is being put out, the higher the risk that that information is incorrect (devs are only humans, and humans make mistakes) or misinterpreted, setting off a chain reaction. Furthermore, putting out loads of status messages in a short time frame makes it much more likely that it becomes confusing which status message (or messages, or even parts of it) are (still) true and which ones are outdated (and being underinformed is arguably better than being misinformed). And besides that, nobody is going to enjoy a status update every day (or two days) reiterating the same thing over and over, simply because there haven't been any substantial developments: that's far more annoying than being given too little information. Finally, time spent on formatting and putting out status updates is time that can't be spent on actually addressing the issues at hand. That is not to say that communicating with your players isn't important, not at all, but at some point, like with anything, it becomes an inefficient use of your time.

This is not hypothetical musing, by the way, this is me saying "Pipeworks and Re-Logic are communicating enough, and communicating more would be detrimental". I realise that delays suck, but being given more information is unlikely to make the situation any better.

Hey guys im new to the forum and i was just wanted to say devs you are doing a great job keep it up :)[/QUOTE

A great job would be a functional launch with Parity (even though my heart goes out to mobile and Switch for having to wait even longer due to the same bugs that plague the rest of us). I get you're new, but take a broad view of the situation; calling it mediocre at best is gilding the lily. I still stand by the statement that an apology would have gone a long way towards rebuilding trust and faith. As it stands now, I don't even care if it comes out because my expectations are so low for a functional game in a reasonable time frame. After having the truth of the release spun, blaming part of the issues on Microsoft, pushing a bug riddled mess to PS4 so they can act as non-paid playtesters, and the general attitude of the dev's to remove useful features (ie options for saves, console UI QOL, multi-player experience), this makes me question even buying another product that has their name attached to it.

But it's their show and we're along for the ride. At the end, I hope it's worth it but I'm not holding my breath.
[doublepost=1516296350,1516295839][/doublepost]
Too much communication can most certainly be a bad thing (in fact, that's what 'too much' means :) ), in more ways than one.

The more information that is being put out, the higher the risk that that information is incorrect (devs are only humans, and humans make mistakes) or misinterpreted, setting off a chain reaction. Furthermore, putting out loads of status messages in a short time frame makes it much more likely that it becomes confusing which status message (or messages, or even parts of it) are (still) true and which ones are outdated (and being underinformed is arguably better than being misinformed). And besides that, nobody is going to enjoy a status update every day (or two days) reiterating the same thing over and over, simply because there haven't been any substantial developments: that's far more annoying than being given too little information. Finally, time spent on formatting and putting out status updates is time that can't be spent on actually addressing the issues at hand. That is not to say that communicating with your players isn't important, not at all, but at some point, like with anything, it becomes an inefficient use of your time.

This is not hypothetical musing, by the way, this is me saying "Pipeworks and Re-Logic are communicating enough, and communicating more would be detrimental". I realise that delays suck, but being given more information is unlikely to make the situation any better.

... Does it take that long to write a post? Should it matter if it takes one person 15 minutes to write and another 10 to be approved by management? I doubt if the person writing the updates is even involved in the process of bug fixing. This has become a farce the moment they pulled the Xbox update and didn't tell anyone until later. Was that misinformation or a deliberate act of concealment? I'm just fed up with not being informed at all or having it spun. That being said, I would have been OK with it being pulled if they had said it outright instead of what we got.

Have you been playing solo or multiplayer, thats a relevant difference.
Solo doesnt have much bugs no, multiplayer is where you will quickly get a different opinion.
Maybe for you, but I'm seeing TONS of bugs in solo (the only thing I play); Graphic glitches and freezing, crashing while saving, crashing randomly (even while the game is paused), Items disappearing while moving them around in the inventory... list goes on.

Maybe for you, but I'm seeing TONS of bugs in solo (the only thing I play); Graphic glitches and freezing, crashing while saving, crashing randomly (even while the game is paused), Items disappearing while moving them around in the inventory... list goes on.
Geez if that’s the case I’m just not going to open my terraria game until the update is here From all the things that I’ve heard it’s too risky

@Atom Kuro to add to the list of removed useful features, Private games arent a thing in 1.3 console, u can't set games to invite only so u could end up with some1 with end-game gear joining u as you just start out

A great job would be a functional launch with Parity (even though my heart goes out to mobile and Switch for having to wait even longer due to the same bugs that plague the rest of us). I get you're new, but take a broad view of the situation; calling it mediocre at best is gilding the lily. I still stand by the statement that an apology would have gone a long way towards rebuilding trust and faith. As it stands now, I don't even care if it comes out because my expectations are so low for a functional game in a reasonable time frame. After having the truth of the release spun, blaming part of the issues on Microsoft, pushing a bug riddled mess to PS4 so they can act as non-paid playtesters, and the general attitude of the dev's to remove useful features (ie options for saves, console UI QOL, multi-player experience), this makes me question even buying another product that has their name attached to it.

But it's their show and we're along for the ride. At the end, I hope it's worth it but I'm not holding my breath.
[doublepost=1516296350,1516295839][/doublepost]

... Does it take that long to write a post? Should it matter if it takes one person 15 minutes to write and another 10 to be approved by management? I doubt if the person writing the updates is even involved in the process of bug fixing. This has become a farce the moment they pulled the Xbox update and didn't tell anyone until later. Was that misinformation or a deliberate act of concealment? I'm just fed up with not being informed at all or having it spun. That being said, I would have been OK with it being pulled if they had said it outright instead of what we got.
Atleast someone see's things for what they are, i agree with you 200% , and honestly an apology would have definitely had a better reaction from everyone who's rightfully pissed. redirecting the heat towards microsoft, and then after the holidays knowingly pulling the update from certification while letting the community believe it was coming any day was a bad call. The negativity was surely earned. Parity shouldnt even aloud to be said on this topic, theres nothing close to parity in sight. & i cant even imagine how long it'll take for it to come to mobile, or the switch for that matter...late 2020? Although i would really look forward to it coming to the switch, it would be a gem on a system like that.

Pipeworks has only been working on Terraria since last year (2016) around September, if memory serves.

The other studio that handled console prior was let go for whatever reason.

Ya I wasn't blaming them it has just been handled very poorly for all versions except pc. It's a great game and this just makes it look bad.

Lol, shut up. Y'all know the second the update finally comes out you're gonna be hoppin' on the game at Mach 5 speeds completely forgetting about the weeks you've spent on the forums being butthurt.
Lmao facts these people who are flaming pipeworks are literally gonna hop on in .000000000001 seconds of hearing the news

None of those it would be better to buy a PC because at least they care enough to update that version
They "care" to update it for two reasons 1. The pc community doesn't get salty and whine about ever time there is a delay and 2. The pc updates don't need to be certified. But also I get it I play on xbox and getting 1.3 eats :red: but I'm still playing the game and I'm not mad about it I've waited a long time I can wait longer honestly having a another experience compared to a buggy one sounds well worth the wait

Lmao facts these people who are flaming pipeworks are literally gonna hop on in .000000000001 seconds of hearing the news
What does that have to do with anything, we cared and supported this game long before pipeworks got involved, so thats a silly thing to say. Of course we're gunna play the second it comes out, its a game we all love, but its in poor hands, that parts "out of our control"
[doublepost=1516312590,1516312515][/doublepost]
I think the bug thread for PS4 says otherwise....
Its a bug thread. Duh. Its where the people who are having issues go, thats not the majority. Regardless, its the fact you're saying its unplayable, thats only true for xbox, considering we're the ones without it. Not everyone is having issues.

What does that have to do with anything, we cared and supported this game long before pipeworks got involved, so thats a silly thing to say. Of course we're gunna play the second it comes out, its a game we all love, but its in poor hands, that parts "out of our control"
[doublepost=1516312590,1516312515][/doublepost]
Its a bug thread. Duh. Its where the people who are having issues go, thats not the majority. Regardless, its the fact you're saying its unplayable, thats only true for xbox, considering we're the ones without it. Not everyone is having issues.
Why would I want an update that is more unstable than what I have regardless of the content?

Why would I want an update that is more unstable than what I have regardless of the content?
Are you new to the thread? I thought you would have picked up on why everyone wants the update. Its the fact it shouldnt be unstable, its the fact after 2years of being with their team it should have rolled out smoothly, and certainly not this far behind ps4. People are enjoying the update, it doesnt mean everyone is, but they have already got an update, maybe theres somethings to steer away from, but the majority of the update is completely playable. No one wants the game falling apart, its the matter of time its taking to do something about it, after all the time they've already had. Tell me why you guys are mad about other people getting mad? Ive read several posts about not flaming someone for their opinion but thats all y'all seem to be doing. Joking about the guy whos pissed , or the people that are frustrated about this whole situation. Its great you're still standing by pipeworks, but no one else has to. You"re entitled to you're opinion, but saying its unplayable isnt that, its just trying to dog the guy whos saying its bull:red:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom