Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with how some are reacting to the news, maybe there is a logical reason for people to tell "xbox players" to calm down. Also, if they released the update in a buggy state, people would hate Pipeworks and never trust them, even if they came out with bug fixes.
Yeah I understand but I'm not about to say they would never trust them because quite literally every single new game that has been coming about is extremely buggy and they still play it and have fun after its fixed the people that wouldn't trust them because they released an update that basically remade the game and had bugs are not very smart no offense to whoever

I just hope pipework doesn’t turn out be like Value which took them ten year to fix a bug for tf 2. Just count value slacking off or should I say being lazy and taking 3 weeks to 5 year breaks and value only did little parts of the fix over and over. 100% true

I just hope pipework doesn’t turn out be like Value which took them ten year to fix a bug for tf 2. Just count value slacking off or should I say being lazy and taking 3 weeks to 5 year breaks and value only did little parts of the fix over and over. 100% true
That's because the tf2 team is extremely small(because valve let's people decide what branch to work on) and if I remember correctly they are mostly artists as well.

I feel like this thread is not achieving what it was intended to. It seems that people feel free to express hatred at each other without resolving any issues and, for a thread created to inform the community about nearby updates, that is not a good thing. Can one of the moderators please close this so we can go about our daily lives in peace (at least until Pipeworks gives us new news).

I feel like this thread is not achieving what it was intended to. It seems that people feel free to express hatred at each other without resolving any issues and, for a thread created to inform the community about nearby updates, that is not a good thing. Can one of the moderators please close this so we can go about our daily lives in peace (at least until Pipeworks gives us new news).
"we" can't really do anything it is actually out of our hands we well I am just waiting having fun on this entertaining thread
[doublepost=1516346116,1516346075][/doublepost]
I wonder if I would be able to 100% botw before the 1.3 update comes out

Whelp I got myself a distraction.
Botw?

"we" can't really do anything it is actually out of our hands we well I am just waiting having fun on this entertaining thread
[doublepost=1516346116,1516346075][/doublepost]
Botw?

Breath of the Wild. Just finished the Back to the Future game myself.

... Just.... no. While your comments may be somewhat on point, this was never a thread about resolving issues. That would be the bug reporting thread. If you don't want to be here, just subscribe to the wonderful Pipeworks Twitter feed, so you can get relevant info.... Or whatever it is they do with it. Prominence Poker was the last new thing other than they're not doing streams until the update comes out. Besides, @Tunnel King seems to be doing a good job at trimming the weeds. And in closing, the only way this thread will accomplish its goal is when Xbox has the update,which was one of the primary points of the title "Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release".

Breath of the Wild. Just finished the Back to the Future game myself.

... Just.... no. While your comments may be somewhat on point, this was never a thread about resolving issues. That would be the bug reporting thread. If you don't want to be here, just subscribe to the wonderful Pipeworks Twitter feed, so you can get relevant info.... Or whatever it is they do with it. Prominence Poker was the last new thing other than they're not doing streams until the update comes out. Besides, @Tunnel King seems to be doing a good job at trimming the weeds. And in closing, the only way this thread will accomplish its goal is when Xbox has the update,which was one of the primary points of the title "Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release".
I would agree with you on most of your points, however, this thread was created to inform the community on the situation with the update. In the past, Pipeworks has released additional information on their progress through new threads, and I think that this one has served its purpose. The “feedback” people have recently been giving seems to be hatred towards Pipeworks for not releasing information on when the update will be released and towards each other; neither of those were Pipeworks intentions when creating this thread and so it should be put to an end.
[doublepost=1516349423,1516349057][/doublepost]Good night everybody.
(Or Good morning)
(Or Good evening)

I would agree with you on most of your points, however, this thread was created to inform the community on the situation with the update. In the past, Pipeworks has released additional information on their progress through new threads, and I think that this one has served its purpose. The “feedback” people have recently been giving seems to be hatred towards Pipeworks for not releasing information on when the update will be released and towards each other; neither of those were Pipeworks intentions when creating this thread and so it should be put to an end.

I had to go to Twitter just to find out that they weren't going to be streaming until after release. It is quite obvious that release isn't happening soon and Pipeworks have abandoned updating in this thread at all. However, like the last thread, they closed it when they had this one open. So, until there's pertinent news or a new thread , I don't think this will be closing. Besides, it's kinda fun in here. Would you deny people that have basically been given a huge middle finger the chance to take the piss out of the source? Have a little fun, start a conversation, or just sharpen those writing skills, that's all this is for.

Geez if that’s the case I’m just not going to open my terraria game until the update is here From all the things that I’ve heard it’s too risky
If I knew what was going on before I updated, I probably would have waited. I have been playing from the original release up to this, so to be fair, it's a hefty update; there's going to be issues for a while. However, to contradict myself, with all of programming and design experience I have, I can understand this situation quite well from both ends. I will continue playing it in its current state and beyond, and I recommend anyone else to play on....

Because even with the issues, it's a great game.

Much love to the Terraria team! Keep up the amazing work!

Different subject out of curiosity... I know these two things are on different planes, but since this update is suppose to bring the editions up to the same level of content (at least that's my understanding; maybe i'm wrong), does this also mean that all the wikis out there (like https://terraria.wiki.gg/) should now merge the platform contents? i.e. remove platform-only situations? Will PC now also get "counsel-only" items?

(Speaking as a wiki-content updater)

Different subject out of curiosity... I know these two things are on different planes, but since this update is suppose to bring the editions up to the same level of content (at least that's my understanding; maybe i'm wrong), does this also mean that all the wikis out there (like https://terraria.wiki.gg/) should now merge the platform contents? i.e. remove platform-only situations? Will PC now also get "counsel-only" items?

(Speaking as a wiki-content updater)

Since they are only updating consoles to PC equivalent 1.3.0.7, it seems like there will still be a slight separation. Not counting the little things they threw in and the legacy items. Ocram will still have references!

Would you deny people that have basically been given a huge middle finger the chance to take the piss out of the source?

I would deny that you have been given the middle finger at all.

How have you been given the finger?

As far as I can see, you have been given news you don't like. That isn't the middle finger. You have been given a delay, for reasons you don't really know anything about, other than those created through speculation and imagination. Again not the middle finger.

I really can't see at which point Pipeworks are supposed to have said :red: you, to you, or indeed anyone.

I haven't been on these forums long, but in that time I have seen people :red: at, insult and deride Pipeworks for not giving people a FREE update with a vast amount of new content in a quick enough manner. I'll say it again. FREE. Were you being charged and had already paid for the update, then you would have recourse to say (maybe) that you had been given the middle finger for not receiving it. You haven't. You are being given it for nothing. Nothing other than a little more patience. Surely you can afford that?

I would deny that you have been given the middle finger at all.

How have you been given the finger?

As far as I can see, you have been given news you don't like. That isn't the middle finger. You have been given a delay, for reasons you don't really know anything about, other than those created through speculation and imagination. Again not the middle finger.

I really can't see at which point Pipeworks are supposed to have said :red: you, to you, or indeed anyone.

I haven't been on these forums long, but in that time I have seen people :red: at, insult and deride Pipeworks for not giving people a FREE update with a vast amount of new content in a quick enough manner. I'll say it again. FREE. Were you being charged and had already paid for the update, then you would have recourse to say (maybe) that you had been given the middle finger for not receiving it. You haven't. You are being given it for nothing. Nothing other than a little more patience. Surely you can afford that?
I just hope that when it finally comes out and everyone is playing the hell out of it, they take five minutes out of their day to thank pipeworks for all the work they have done making a great game more challenging and breathing new life into a world we love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom