Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to try 1.3 on xbox one in 2019 when there are zero bugs and all code is 100% perfect. But in all seriousness i don't plan on playing the update untill the more notorious bugs are fixed so i can have a smoother experience with it.

It's not that bad dude. A crash here and there, sure, but it runs and is 99.99% playable. You have absolutely no idea what happened behind the scenes and yet you act like you have all the answers. Why? Have you played the PS4 version? Because I have logged almost 40 hours into it and it's not that bad. Plus the initial delay was for a suspension bug that only affected Xbox, so delaying it for more bug fixes seems like a logical next step. It's been like 3 weeks. Folks just need to chill.

I’ve logged 113 hours since it released, most of which are multiplayer and have been doing tests with the bugs on multiple PS4s with friends and family and I can say without a doubt that the game is in a VERY bad state. You can’t simply brush off the bugs so nonchalantly.

I’m not going to bring down Pipeworks because they’re doing what they can, but the state of the game is such that I can no longer progress period. Every event crashes, summons and the like are invisible, enemies are either immortal, deal ridiculous damage due to weird stacking, or attack allies while they are unable to be seen.

I’m glad you haven’t had much issue, but they do exist and in great number.

To end this point: consider the condition some people’s saves were in with the release of this on PS4. Some people have lost worlds they’ve spent forever on and rather than wait for there to be some certainty the same won’t happen on Xbox, people attack Pipeworks for it.

Just relax, guys.

ok, I have been waiting 3 YEARS for the console update, I am willing to overlook bugs but I have been patient and need the update soon!!

I've had enough now. I've been waiting for 2 years, 2 F*CKING YEARS. I was so excited on dec 6th when we got the news it would come out soon.Last year you want from Q2 - Q3 -Q4 if it isn't out buy January 30th I'm uninstalling terraria...
Forever.
Lol, shut up. Y'all know the second the update finally comes out you're gonna be hoppin' on the game at Mach 5 speeds completely forgetting about the weeks you've spent on the forums being butthurt.

This is a 2D game and this update has been delayed for 6 months... how could u possibly have so many bugs when it is a 2D game? I understand this could be a hard task, if only one person was working on it and they were brain dead and had their hands tied behind their back. stop being so lazy. probably the laziest “team” of developers.

Lol, shut up. Y'all know the second the update finally comes out you're gonna be hoppin' on the game at Mach 5 speeds completely forgetting about the weeks you've spent on the forums being butthurt.

@Macaroy McNasty

Telling other members to "shut up" in this manner is disrespectful behavior that is not welcome on these Forums.

Members are allowed to express their frustrations as long as it's done in a respectful manner. You are free to disagree with the opinions of other members and discuss them. But remember to keep it respectful even when disagreeing with them.

This is a 2D game and this update has been delayed for 6 months... how could u possibly have so many bugs when it is a 2D game? I understand this could be a hard task, if only one person was working on it and they were brain dead and had their hands tied behind their back. stop being so lazy. probably the laziest “team” of developers.
@2nd Gear Bevee, this is unnecessary. Say what you want about the update, good or bad. But please leave the name calling and disparaging personal remarks out of it.

Clear Conscious I’m confused on the state of the certification. Did y’all just submit the hotfix and have y’all submitted 1.3? I’m confused by the conversation and other posts on what the status of the submissions is.

Unbelievable. How do you have the same bug with xbox again, and it hasnt even been certified yet? You have to re-submit it?! And you dont even have a date for when its going to be submitted? :red: this, im officially concerned about anything i see you're guys team attached to. What a joke. You seriously screwed xbox players, and not stop saying this :red: was out of you're control, anything to not take the blame. You guys submitted us late, you submitted us days before microsoft went on holiday, and then you chose to hold it for re-submission after seeing the issues with ps4 that not everyone is having. I have zero faith in anything you guys have to say
Unbelievable. How do you have the same bug with xbox again, and it hasnt even been certified yet? You have to re-submit it?! And you dont even have a date for when its going to be submitted? :red: this, im officially concerned about anything i see you're guys team attached to. What a joke. You seriously screwed xbox players, and not stop saying this :red: was out of you're control, anything to not take the blame. You guys submitted us late, you submitted us days before microsoft went on holiday, and then you chose to hold it for re-submission after seeing the issues with ps4 that not everyone is having. I have zero faith in anything you guys have to say from now on. ZERO
calm down I’m an Xbox player and yeah I’m annoyed but I understand that they don’t want the same mistakes that happen on the ps4 they don’t want to be like 505 just releasing a buggy update that breaks the game they want to release a quality update that doesn’t crash so it will take longer but it will be worth it I’ve been keeping up with the update news since pipeworks took over

I'm SO butthurt that I have to save up for a new console to get terraria 1.3 :'(
[doublepost=1515207681,1515207608][/doublepost]Which new console should I save for, switch, xbox one, or ps4?

is there a reason, or is the wii U just too old?
Hi @KoleBouk, there is more info here: Wii U Update and 3DS News

Clear Conscious I’m confused on the state of the certification. Did y’all just submit the hotfix and have y’all submitted 1.3? I’m confused by the conversation and other posts on what the status of the submissions is.
They are working on one more crash bug before submitting the PS4 hotfix. That same crash bug needs to be fixed in Xbox One before it can be resubmitted.

Aww man it's sad that we gotta wait some more but as long as my worlds work and my characters work! I really hope it releases next week

calm down I’m an Xbox player and yeah I’m annoyed but I understand that they don’t want the same mistakes that happen on the ps4 they don’t want to be like 505 just releasing a buggy update that breaks the game they want to release a quality update that doesn’t crash so it will take longer but it will be worth it I’ve been keeping up with the update news since pipeworks took over

Ok, your post is pretty contradicting as you praise Pipeworks for not giving the XboxOne players a buggy release, while you don't blame them for the bugs in the current PS4 release. What XboxOne players don't like is the fact that there's no parity between their platform and the PS4, while as far as I know this was always the case for previous Terraria updates and releases.

You also don't seem to understand how 505 fits into the picture. Here are the companies involved and their roles:

Currently (still) involved:

Re-Logic: creator of the original game and indie publisher on PC/Mac.
505 games: publisher of the game on consoles, not a developer
Pipeworks software: developer of the current console version (Xbox One, PS4)... and tasked to do the mobile and Switch version.
Digital Bros: parent company of both 505 games and Pipeworks (and many other companies)

No longer involved:

Engine software: developer of the previous console version (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS Vita, PS3, PS4, WiiU)
Codeglue: developer of the previous mobile version and 3DS version

I been reading alot of posts, and here I feel. Disappointed...
But not here to judge but here to congrats Pipeworks on there status and it seem I can wait another week.
Don't worry, i got things to do while I wait. So there is no need to be sorry about it.
I just happy that it getting a good fix before a release.
I know i been tweeting meaningful tweets and i just got too protective over the repeats that no one looks up and reads.

Not very known to this community but I really like all your fixes that you guys are doing.
I hope you all had a great winter holiday and unstressful weekend.

Keep up the work pipeworks and mods that roam around the forums! :)
GN (Good Night) and thank you!

Ps.. Everyone, just keep bringing the postive feedback for Pipeworks and the mods.
they are really trying their best to help and reply. Good bye. ;)

Last edited:
Hi @KoleBouk, there is more info here: Wii U Update and 3DS News

They are working on one more crash bug before submitting the PS4 hotfix. That same crash bug needs to be fixed in Xbox One before it can be resubmitted.

Ok so it will most likely not be released next week due to certification taking 3-10 days?
[doublepost=1515209720,1515209698][/doublepost]
Ok so it will most likely not be released next week due to certification taking 3-10 days?

So there is submission yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom