Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ClearConscious! Just wanted to thank you and Pipeworks for working hard on hotfixes for Terraria. My husband and I appreciate all the hard work!

I just had a quick question. Will multiplayer stability (constant frame rate lag/freezes) be addressed in the upcoming hotfixes? Or is it an ongoing issue that is still being investigated?

So there's two parts to this. Generally speaking there seems to be some performance issues that shouldn't be happening, which we're investigating. On the flip side part of what we will be doing is an engine update (which will be helpful for Switch & Mobile). That should give additional improvements as well.

I understand you guys can't give an accurate date on when the update will be resubmitted, but can you give us a guestimate of some kind? It might ease a few people down in the process as well.

We were hoping today, but obviously that didn't happen. If I had to guess (this is not official confirmation) maybe sometime next week. It really depends if the fixes are applied successfully without introducing other issues. Gotta give QA time to look it over.

Certification on average for us has taken around 3-10 days.

We were hoping today, but obviously that didn't happen. If I had to guess (this is not official confirmation) maybe sometime next week. It really depends if the fixes are applied successfully without introducing other issues. Gotta give QA time to look it over.

Certification on average for us has taken around 3-10 days.
I won't have my hopes up too much, but I have faith in you guys.

Thanks for answering!

Is there any chance on an improved user interface? I mean, bug squashing is pretty nice and all, but the UI is missing some pretty important QOL features too. Not to mention it's hard to see. The main reason I'm not playing this right now is how frustrating it is to navigate menus and deal with chests. I'm not saying 505 did a better job than pipeworks, but the UI they made for consoles was definitely better than what we have now. Also, I may be the only person who's ever said this, but I really think you should be able to move with the d-pad. I'm tired of falling through platforms in boss fights because I wasn't pressing EXACTLY to right.

Isnt that what parental filters are for?You obviously dont care about the community, atleast not the xbox part of it. You seriously want to say this is what we want? We wanted a fair release. You were the one talking about "parity" how is this even remotely close to being equal? You screwed xbox. Of course i dont want my game falling apart, but if they were released at the same time like it should've been. We would all have the same problems, and no where near as frustrated because all we'd have to do is wait on this new patch.
Dude Just calm down. They are just trying to make everything better for Xbox players.

Is there any chance on an improved user interface? I mean, bug squashing is pretty nice and all, but the UI is missing some pretty important QOL features too. Not to mention it's hard to see. The main reason I'm not playing this right now is how frustrating it is to navigate menus and deal with chests. I'm not saying 505 did a better job than pipeworks, but the UI they made for consoles was definitely better than what we have now. Also, I may be the only person who's ever said this, but I really think you should be able to move with the d-pad. I'm tired of falling through platforms in boss fights because I wasn't pressing EXACTLY to right.

Our first priority is taking care of the more significant issues being reported.

UI is something we'll certainly investigate with Re-Logic, I know @Loki and the rest of the team at Re-Logic has been monitoring that feedback.

Obviously with such a massive change it's important to let the feedback sink in for a few weeks before moving on to make changes. People don't like change to begin with. That being said there's some completely valid feedback.

To all the Xbox players complaining, get over it, you'll have your version soon, as a mobile player I currently know nothing about when or how far along or if work on it has even begun, at least you'll be able to 'play' your game soon.

I've had enough now. I've been waiting for 2 years, 2 :red:ING YEARS. I was so excited on dec 6th when we got the news it would come out soon.Last year you want from Q2 - Q3 -Q4 if it isn't out buy January 30th I'm uninstalling terraria...
Forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there's two parts to this. Generally speaking there seems to be some performance issues that shouldn't be happening, which we're investigating. On the flip side part of what we will be doing is an engine update (which will be helpful for Switch & Mobile). That should give additional improvements as well.

Thanks you Pipeworks I really appreciate all your hard work of rewriting the entire codebase and for spending hours fixing all of the bugs that have happened.

Can't we just appreciate the hard work that PipeWorks has done for us.

I can appreciate hard work if it doesn't ruin my game experience. It's like saying "can't you appreciate the hard work of these renovators?" while they ruined the favourite parts of the house you're living in. I bought this game for multiple consoles. Glad I still have the WiiU version which they didn't update.

Come to think of it: Pipeworks is having a hard time dealing with two very similar platforms, while the previous console developer was maintaining Xbox360, XboxOne, PS Vita, PS3, PS4 and WiiU. That's 6 platforms vs 2. Kudos to them, in hindsight.

I can appreciate hard work if it doesn't ruin my game experience. It's like saying "can't you appreciate the hard work of these renovators?" while they ruined the favourite parts of the house you're living in. I bought this game for multiple consoles. Glad I still have the WiiU version which they didn't update.

Come to think of it: Pipeworks is having a hard time dealing with two very similar platforms, while the previous console developer was maintaining Xbox360, XboxOne, PS Vita, PS3, PS4 and WiiU. That's 6 platforms vs 2. Kudos to them, in hindsight.
505 didn't rewrite an entire codebase though, and Pipe works did.

To all the Xbox players complaining, get over it, you'll have your version soon, as a mobile player I currently know nothing about when or how far along or if work on it has even begun, at least you'll be able to 'play' your game soon.
Give it a few yrs, and in 2021 when they dangle it in front of you, " only a few more days" you watch as it comes out on the next model of you're phone, & the then half the phones in the world can play it, but not you'res. "Just a few more days" and you're phone is so close to being able to play the best version of terraria, but WAIT, it was just a dream. Then you'll understand. @Moat I can definitely appreciate those analogies!

505 didn't rewrite an entire codebase though, and Pipe works did.

Uhm, how did they (the previous console developers) port the original PC code to consoles then?

Also, 505 is still involved. The previous console developer is not 505 games (that's the publisher for the consoles).

[Edit: I looked it up... both 505 games and Pipeworks software are owned by parent company Digital Bros, so they're basically the same entity.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom