Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm growing so paranoid that I think they did all this so that they could increase their revenue. I feel guilty for thinking that.

Ah, but what can I do to change the past?
--- Double Post Merged, 1 minute ago, Original Post Date: 3 minutes ago --- I recommend that you read that new book on Trump . . . I certainly want to.
--- Double Post Merged, 1 minute ago --- @Mom, we're all in the same boat, unfortunately.

@Terraria Freak

Please use the edit button instead of posting a new reply on the Thread if you have more to add to your post and no one else has posted yet. You can edit your posts to add more content to them by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom left of your post. After another member has posted, it's fine to reply normally.

I'm growing so paranoid that I think they did all this so that they could increase their revenue. I feel guilty for thinking that.

I wouldn't. Get the suckers on the hook and then string them along for however long I think I can. That's modern business in a nutshell. But to invite the amount of vitriol they have been receiving would be madness, so I agree that it's a flawed idea.

... Let's just have faith that they are fixing it, even though they broke it in the first place.

And @Atom Kuro does have a point. They didn't handle it well. Also, PS should've released the update (bugged), meaning those who wanted to play it could update (knowing the fate they might face) and those who didn't wouldn't. This way, the patient ones could wait it out and the less patient ones could've jumped in to the time of their liking.

And to occupy minds, read or play. I'm hooked on FBR.

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.[/QUOTE
Greetings Terrarians!

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
Greetings Terrarians!

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

• Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing

Xbox One Status Update

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
[doublepost=1515262556,1515262375][/doublepost]Does the dye workaround also work for the game freezing if you die during or before the moonlord spawns?

If it doesn't work for that then i would like to know if there is a workaround for that.

I wouldn't. Get the suckers on the hook and then string them along for however long I think I can. That's modern business in a nutshell. But to invite the amount of vitriol they have been receiving would be madness, so I agree that it's a flawed idea.

... Let's just have faith that they are fixing it, even though they broke it in the first place.

True . . . but the ideology would (or, let's hope not, is) be extremely flawed (like you said), people are too stubborn.
[doublepost=1515262774,1515262578][/doublepost]I will remember that, Aurora. Thanks for the reminder.

[doublepost=1515262556,1515262375][/doublepost]Does the dye workaround also work for the game freezing if you die during or before the moonlord spawns?

If it doesn't work for that then i would like to know if there is a workaround for that.
@Guppy's spirit, I’m not sure if the dye workaround is also for the lunar crashes, or if it’s just for the projectiles vanishing. You could give it a try and see. Others have reported that staying away from using the Stardust Dragon have helped them not crash when dying, so that’s a possible workaround for you. It’s not a guaranteed one though, sorry.

Meh, obligation was a bit to far but either way they kinda have to give us this update otherwise they would become very unpopular with the community
I’m not sure why it would even be brought up of whether Pipeworks will or won’t release the update. They’ve been working hard on it, it’ll come out soon. The end.

@Guppy's spirit, I’m not sure if the dye workaround is also for the lunar crashes, or if it’s just for the projectiles vanishing. You could give it a try and see. Others have reported that staying away from using the Stardust Dragon have helped them not crash when dying, so that’s a possible workaround for you. It’s not a guaranteed one though, sorry.

I’m not sure why it would even be brought up of whether Pipeworks will or won’t release the update. They’ve been working hard on it, it’ll come out soon. The end.

That information seems helpfull so i'm gonna test that tomorrow.

I hope that crafting the dragon minion won't alredy be the cause to the freeze.
[doublepost=1515269741,1515269452][/doublepost]

That information was really helpfull.
I will be testing it tomorrow.

Thank you!

DeLorean tried to reinvent the car industry and went down in an epic blaze too.

Mr. DeLorean got busted for cocane and lost his company. The stainless steel car was the smartest move in automotive history. You don't see any DeLorean's rusted to crap, do you?

Pipeworks studio had a huge undertaking rewriting the codebase, that is for sure, i will give them that, but we haven't heard anybody own up yet for the lack of communication, late submission, multiplayer crashes, etc. Its simple, just say hey we screwed up but we promise to make it better. And I will agree, the only people on here telling xbox owners to calm down are the ps4 owners enjoying the game. I have bought other games that I wouldn't have shelled out money for, to get me over this hump of a joke. I knew I should have taken my brothers advice and bought a PC and snatched terraria on steam. I'd be done with 1.3.5 and I wouldn't be wasting my time checking this forum 3 times a day to see if my stupid update is ready.

Last edited:
I've always said that they SHOULD put out the major revisions as a form of DLC packs and make a little money of them. Currently they have been free but having them free has cost us so much over the years.

Charging a few bucks for every few major bumps could've brought enough revenue to pay for a real coding team that would've done it faster (late updates) and better (way less bugs). What ever you say, money talks.

Instead we have free. Look at what that has brought us. Most of the original team moved on long ago and is working on the sequel and as a result, this game has been plagued with SLOW updates that always brings a page full of crappy bugs.

You can't be serious. How can you say a game that completely overwrites another players save file, doesn't spawn at least half the events in multiplayer, and duplicates so many enemies that the game comes to a crashing halt, not completely broken? Mind you, this is without legacy saves and such. Game is completely broken when your entire save is gone or you can't progress due to lack of spawns.

So you're telling me that your "large QA team" fired up the update and found none of these problems? Less than 30mins of testing would have uncovered most of these bugs. Again, the whole "in the wild" thing is total nonsense. You're working on the PS4 and Xbox, which are basically closed environments with very little variables.

I want to make things perfectly clear. These issues were not encountered during our testing. I'm also not downplaying the severity of the issues that have been reported, but to claim that this is happening to everyone is just not true. These bugs are happening with a particular set of variables that weren't going to be uncovered until the game was released to the wild. There is no way we would have released the game if we knew these bugs existed.

Like I said in the original post, if you're encountering these issues send us your save, something funky is going on, and giving us a copy of your data is the best way for us to see what is going on as these issues are not reproducible unless we have the saves that have these issues.

Really? That's your attitude about this? Do you remember when Terraria wasn't being actively updated for console and 1.3 wasn't even going to happen? Now that it's finally happening you are complaining that they're delaying the release so game-breaking bugs don't sour the experience? You sound so whiny. Terraria doesn't owe you anything.

Personally, I haven't had many problems with the PS4 version, but it does crash at least once a session. If Xbox folks can get a release with next to 0 crashes, that's worth a few extra weeks of development to me. Keep up the great work Pipeworks! Thanks for these updates!

Not even sure how you can say that and have anyone take you seriously. Just stop. Stop crying. It's not helping anyone. When it releases it'll release for Xbox. Seriously take a chill pill. Please.
[doublepost=1515276017,1515275986][/doublepost]He's a salty boi

Hey, i cant agree with your reply to Salazar. People cant complain about a developer/coder unless they are a coder? Imagine if a mechanic :red:s up your car and swaps the gears and brake around for no reason, remember you cant complain because being a mechanic is so hard!!
I did not ask for the UI to change and I did not ask for the cloud saves to change. Once the bugs are fixed, if Pipeworks don't at least give an option to use previous interface, I wont be playing it anymore. back to LBP3 for my crafting addictions.
I think you forgot he literally said the game is trashed and unplayable because it has the pc interface. I don’t like the pc controller interface, but it doesn’t ruin the game (unless your playing modded.)

Along with the time it takes for PW to submit the update for certification and Microsoft to certify it, I'm going to make a crystal ball prediction that the update will be released on January 20th at the latest.

Unbelievable. How do you have the same bug with xbox again, and it hasnt even been certified yet? You have to re-submit it?! And you dont even have a date for when its going to be submitted? :red: this, im officially concerned about anything i see you're guys team attached to. What a joke. You seriously screwed xbox players, and not stop saying this :red: was out of you're control, anything to not take the blame. You guys submitted us late, you submitted us days before microsoft went on holiday, and then you chose to hold it for re-submission after seeing the issues with ps4 that not everyone is having. I have zero faith in anything you guys have to say from now on. ZERO
Bro chill out, we don't need negativity, Pipeworks is trying their hardest with this, and I would find it safe to assume you don't know much about anything involved with making a complex game, so leave it with the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom