Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hold faith that pipeworks can do it, it's a hard task to remake a game in unity but I still believe this was for the best that it got rejected, it gives more time to adjust and work out those bugs that slipped past.

I want to make things perfectly clear. These issues were not encountered during our testing. I'm also not downplaying the severity of the issues that have been reported, but to claim that this is happening to everyone is just not true. These bugs are happening with a particular set of variables that weren't going to be uncovered until the game was released to the wild. There is no way we would have released the game if we knew these bugs existed.

Like I said in the original post, if you're encountering these issues send us your save, something funky is going on, and giving us a copy of your data is the best way for us to see what is going on as these issues are not reproducible unless we have the saves that have these issues.
Were they testing on only devkits or something? There's no possible way they did not encounter these bugs if they had a normal playstation to test on.

You know, you guys could have avoided all these issues, like with all the multiplayer bugs, splitscreen problems, losing the old UI and invite only everyone wants back, sprites and animations freezing or disappearing, the menus bugging out so bad you have to restart the game, whatever else, all could have been avoided if you just kept adding to the old console build, not completely fail at this attempt of one version to rule them all thing. Even if we had to wait much longer its better than destroying our current game.

Also whats with the incredibly long load times? Its only suppose to do the long load once when you first start up the game, but now you have to wait just as long when you exit one world and try to load your characters again. Its instant on the old console build and PC. Is that gonna be fixed too?

I want to make things perfectly clear. These issues were not encountered during our testing. I'm also not downplaying the severity of the issues that have been reported, but to claim that this is happening to everyone is just not true. These bugs are happening with a particular set of variables that weren't going to be uncovered until the game was released to the wild. There is no way we would have released the game if we knew these bugs existed.

Like I said in the original post, if you're encountering these issues send us your save, something funky is going on, and giving us a copy of your data is the best way for us to see what is going on as these issues are not reproducible unless we have the saves that have these issues.

Than why hasn't the update been released for xbox one yet??? Just release it so WE can find OUR bugs and submit them. Smart companies do beta for a reason.

So I want to be clear on this.... 505 is witholding the xbone update to apply hot fixes that were known by only by PS4, therefore making us wait even longer only to discover when the update is FINALLY released, we have our own set of peoblems, thus making us wait even longer for additional hot fixes! I don't see the Re-logic in that. :) See what I did there?

Than why hasn't the update been released for xbox one yet??? Just release it so WE can find OUR bugs and submit them. Smart companies do beta for a reason.

So I want to be clear on this.... 505 is witholding the xbone update to apply hot fixes that were known by only by PS4, therefore making us wait even longer only to discover when the update is FINALLY released, we have our own set of peoblems, thus making us wait even longer for additional hot fixes! I don't see the Re-logic in that. :) See what I did there?

The logic is that they regret releasing it for PS4, eventhough they don't want to admit and downplay the bugs ("these are isolated issues!", "our QA teams never encountered this... we need your savegame to reproduce it!"), while in reality multiplayer is pretty much broken (try a splitscreen host with any client... splitscreen client for extra bug hunting points).

I know that you guys are working hard on the fixes, but do you have any idea from now of when the update will release?
There’s no estimate, Pipeworks will inform us when the updates have been submitted for certification.

There’s no estimate, Pipeworks will inform us when the updates have been submitted for certification.

Any company who says something like that will not restructure my back-yard. These guys seriously don't know how to plan their work.

I would read through the thread to see if there is already an answer to this, but reading :red:ing ain't my idea of fun (too many years as a gmod then staff member on a Harry Potter site, and the :red:es there would blow the tits of Sony/Microsoft/PC fanboys :p )

Is the fix for Stardust dragons crashing the game on death under bugs still being investigated. I love my pet dragon, but I also love dying. Not so much reloading the game lol.

I am loving the update, UI and lag issues aside, and am the proud owner of all expert mode shinies plus one of each weapon. I just need the angler to cough up a weather radio, and then I'm pretty much 1.3 complete. Thanks for the update and all your hard work.

Edited for typo fixing.

Is the fix for Stardust dragons crashing the game on death under bugs still being investigated.
The first post lists this as still being investigated. “Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc”

Is there a way to filter posts to only show moderator and developer posts?
You can do a search and input the members that you want to filter, then click “just this thread” if you’re only interested in this particular thread.

(Click to enlarge)
B769D6AD-47AD-4B9F-A05B-A7CC15689358.jpeg

Alternatively you can go to the member’s profile and then the Postings tab.

Reactions:
Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
I hate this news but its also good all know that we will have a clear bug-less update

Disrespectful and inappropriate content

For PS:

Ok, do we really care? They still exist, and seems to me like you haven't started rolling out fixes. And don't say "we're trying". Emergencies should have updates relative to the word emergency. But, I'll let you off the hook, you'll get more employees in due time.

And off the topic of employment, did you tell a dumb person to check off the UI? Like, did they even test it in REAL WORLD CONDITIONS?

For PS:

Ok, do we really care? They still exist, and seems to me like you haven't started rolling out fixes. And don't say "we're trying". Emergencies should have updates relative to the word emergency. But, I'll let you off the hook, you'll get more employees in due time.

And off the topic of employment, did you tell a dumb person to check off the UI? Like, did they even test it in REAL WORLD CONDITIONS?
This is well beyond the limits of what we will permit for posting here.

I don't care how pissed off people are, there are rules regarding the level of discourse on this forum. You all WILL be expected to abide by them, or you will lose privileges.

It's fine to be upset, and it's fine to be negative. It's not fine to be abusive.

Better to have a month(or other amount of time) delay and a good update than a lot of rushed rough updates.
To all the complaining, screw off. At least 1.3 is coming to xbox at all.
Most of it is xbox's fault. if they didn't take a month to respond to pipeworks at all, maybe it would have come out earlier. You can't blame pipeworks for anything. They are doing a great job on the transfer and no catastrophes are going to happen because xbox likes being late. It's been a month! It's not pipeworks's fault and all they did is help develop the update and make console 1.3 happen. I applaud pipeworks, and do not care about any other negative comments. They did a great job with everything.

Better to have a month(or other amount of time) delay and a good update than a lot of rushed rough updates.
To all the complaining, screw off. At least 1.3 is coming to xbox at all.
Most of it is xbox's fault. if they didn't take a month to respond to pipeworks at all, maybe it would have come out earlier. You can't blame pipeworks for anything. They are doing a great job on the transfer and no catastrophes are going to happen because xbox likes being late. It's been a month! It's not pipeworks's fault and all they did is help develop the update and make console 1.3 happen. I applaud pipeworks, and do not care about any other negative comments. They did a great job with everything.

First of all, don't go telling anyone to screw off.

Secondly, and this is more directed at everyone, please keep in mind that playing the blame game isn't going to help the situation or get updates out faster. There's more that goes on behind the scenes with updates then most people know about (plus the fact that it was around Christmas throws a wrench in the mix.) Let the businesses involved deal with the business side of things and let's stop pointing fingers at everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom