Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so mad about this update? I know it's taken forever but mistakes happen, and this isn't a triple-A company like dice or rockstar or 343, they're smaller, and unlike certain companies they want to make sure the update doesn't break their game for everyone. Most of you have other games to play in the meantime, stop taking your frustration out on the developers. Go pop some heads in pubg or beat that single player game you've been stuck on or go climb the ranks in cod or battlefield. The update will come out when it's ready, just chill and focus on your other games in the meantime. Or, just grind in your worlds for resources to craft upcoming items and prepare for the new bosses. Stop being so hateful to the devs and mods and other members of the community, we're all friends here, so let's act like it. Got it? Good.
I agree with your post I am a very patient person and I as everybody else would very much love to play the new updated version of the game but until then I got a modded Skyrim to play until then have a gaming and continue to be patient Happy gaming

No, they were targeting Q2 of last year.
Exactly my point, thank you! they sure missed their mark didnt they? & then it was "targeted" for Q3...after already being past Q2 , they didnt even say anything to anybody untill there "targeted" time was up, some of us have been following this update for a long :red: time & then it was pushed to Q4. Missed that mark, for xbox atleast. Its a shame, everyone was so patient. Some of you are some troopers thats forsure. Dont get me wrong i am stoked for 1.3, have been ever since i seen it was coming to PC
That is just a sad sad response to any xbox player, Just like having the video saying the update for xbox was all in microsofts hand when knowingly pipeworks had pulled it from certification and just lied to the xbox community. The simple solution would have been to come straight out and say, "guys, with as many bugs as the PS4 players are having, we need to pull the update until we can fix these issues" , not wait until days after the new year to skate around the fact it was pulled from certification.
I just want to like this over, and over again. Be honest with the people who have been patiently waiting for so long, dont try to trick people into believing none of the blame is on y'all, or worse let people believe that its nearly here, only a day or two away when you knew that it just wasnt gonna happen. You let people get their hopes up and then shoot them down, thats what pisses people off.its all wordplay with you guys. People see right through that , and if they dont its because they choose not to, its pretty obvious. @ClearConscious Is it even going to be sent in for certification this week? Considering thats tomorrow, its looking grim, but feel free to "over-communicate" & let us know if you're missing the mark please. Trying to be nice about it

I think that anyone that has said that they want the update now and don't care if it's broken should rethink that statement, if it's broken you most likely won't be able to play it to it's fullest and on top of that you will then not have Terraria to play until it gets fixed, but the way it is now you get to play current 1.2.4 and don't have to go through having a buggy broken mess.

Im not happy about this. But hey monster hunter worlds comes out soon so i wont play this update if it comes out after currently im playing warframe to pass the time.im not happy with the way this update is being handled but im happy with pw will to make it right most people would've walked away cause the hate alone.

Exactly my point, thank you! they sure missed their mark didnt they? & then it was "targeted" for Q3...after already being past Q2 , they didnt even say anything to anybody untill there "targeted" time was up, some of us have been following this update for a long :red: time & then it was pushed to Q4. Missed that mark, for xbox atleast. Its a shame, everyone was so patient. Some of you are some troopers thats forsure. Dont get me wrong i am stoked for 1.3, have been ever since i seen it was coming to PC

I just want to like this over, and over again. Be honest with the people who have been patiently waiting for so long, dont try to trick people into believing none of the blame is on y'all, or worse let people believe that its nearly here, only a day or two away when you knew that it just wasnt gonna happen. You let people get their hopes up and then shoot them down, thats what pisses people off.its all wordplay with you guys. People see right through that , and if they dont its because they choose not to, its pretty obvious. @ClearConscious Is it even going to be sent in for certification this week? Considering thats tomorrow, its looking grim, but feel free to "over-communicate" & let us know if you're missing the mark please. Trying to be nice about it
I hope it manages to get in cert this week, if it takes until next week then that means we’ll probably not get the update before February and that’s gonna be really annoying. And for all those people who are like “there’s other games to play” yes I do play other games, I’m not touching terraria until it gets 1.3 on Xbox. This is the update of my dreams so I’m still gonna get frustrated when it gets delayed, there’s nothing wrong with my opinion so stop trying to say there is

I want to be clear before I do this i'm not mad at pipeworks or anyone for that matter. I'm agrivated that I have to wait for 1.3, but fine if it means that I will get a better product I'll wait. But you just basically said PS4 players were the bug testers.
I'm pretty sure he's saying if you look at it in that way, don't think it necessarily means PS4 players were the bug testers

I am noticing a weird behavior with pumps. The outlets seem to be producing more water than the inlet takes in.

I have a underwater home in a large lake. I made an airlock with 2 doors with a pump in the middle. That pump will remove the water in the airlock and put it back to the lake before the inner door opens. After going in and out a few times the lake starts to fill up and eventually overflow its banks. I know there are a 1000 other ways I could create an entry, but I had never done an airlock before and I like to make new things.

I don't know it this issue is also on PC, but please check the volumes.
An easy fix is to just put a 1 block hole going to the bottom of the map, that way the over flow water can just go in the hole and will evaporate in hell.

Isnt that what parental filters are for?You obviously dont care about the community, atleast not the xbox part of it. You seriously want to say this is what we want? We wanted a fair release. You were the one talking about "parity" how is this even remotely close to being equal? You screwed xbox. Of course i dont want my game falling apart, but if they were released at the same time like it should've been. We would all have the same problems, and no where near as frustrated because all we'd have to do is wait on this new patch.
Rlly? You start complaining about the update? Do you think that helps ANYTHING? Would it be :red:ing better NOT to have the update?

Most of the bugs that would appear would be on the same console regardless with the exception of a few that might be platform specific.

There also isn't a good way for Xbox players to send saves, so these save conversion issues that were encountered during the PS4 launch were critical to making sure that the game as a whole is much better off.

Just think about this. PS4 Players have essentially helped us create not only a better product for Xbox users, but the game as a whole. I think that's a great thing for this community.
Wait are you saying that the Xbox one had problems with corrupted save files and or broken ones.

Wait are you saying that the Xbox one had problems with corrupted save files and or broken ones.
I think its more like he meant that the xbox version WOULD have had issues if it were leased as it was on the PS4 - The Xbox unlike the PS4 has no way of making backups of saves and such. So if we -luckily" enough didn't have a postponed release on Xbox - a lot of us would've had broken save games and no way of recovering them.

The PS4 and XO games are bascially the same with some minor platform adjustments. So the save conversion system should be just about identical between the versions. So now that we get the PS4 fixes too we'll have a better go at it than PS4 users had at the first time around.

Whenever it gets Submitted to Microsoft I heard it can take anywhere from 3 to 10 days remember that’s just what I’ve heard but as far as I know myself it has yet to be submitted if anyone knows any more details I’m sure they will let you know
I doubt even if they submit it that Microsoft will say it's okay because it's so buggy.

I think that anyone that has said that they want the update now and don't care if it's broken should rethink that statement, if it's broken you most likely won't be able to play it to it's fullest and on top of that you will then not have Terraria to play until it gets fixed, but the way it is now you get to play current 1.2.4 and don't have to go through having a buggy broken mess.
Yea. I Doubt Any PS4 Players Are Wanting It Faster Now That It's Here In All It's Glitchy Glory.

If you're rewriting the code from the ground up, wouldn't it be possible to copy and paste the code of the updated versions, and make the process easier? I know absolutely nothing about game coding so this is all a guess.
They haven't rewritten anything. They took an old PC update and copied it over and adjusted controls and changed icons accordingly. If they actually remade the game from the ground up like they claimed they did, we'd still have the old console UI which is better in every way to PC UI.

They haven't rewritten anything. They took an old PC update and copied it over and adjusted controls and changed icons accordingly. If they actually remade the game from the ground up like they claimed they did, we'd still have the old console UI which is better in every way to PC UI.

So you are saying that if we had REUSED the old Console UI, that would be rewriting the game on Console, but coding the PC UI onto Console (which has never existed before), is not rewriting the game?

Seems just a bit off to me, TBH. Opinions on which is the better UI aside, I'm just unclear on how you've come to the conclusion that changing something is not rewriting the game, but recycling old Console content IS rewriting the game.

So you are saying that if we had REUSED the old Console UI, that would be rewriting the game on Console, but coding the PC UI onto Console (which has never existed before), is not rewriting the game?

Seems just a bit off to me, TBH. Opinions on which is the better UI aside, I'm just unclear on how you've come to the conclusion that changing something is not rewriting the game, but recycling old Console content IS rewriting the game.
Rewriting The Game Isn't Rewriting The Game, But Not Rewriting The Game Is Rewriting The Game. Yea Idunnolol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom