Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna make it even longer and more frustrating, I’ve already waited so long
That doesn't really answer my question. Compare it to when No Man's Sky was delayed for a month or two from the original date. That was 3 years from the announcement, and people already lost their minds for waiting another 2 months, but were fine with waiting 3 years. It just doesn't make sense.
If they release the update tomorrow then you know that pipeworks made a deal with sony to release updates a month before xbox
I don't know where you got that idea but that's unrealistic

If they release the update tomorrow then you know that pipeworks made a deal with sony to release updates a month before xbox

Honestly a deal with Microsoft would of been more believable, after all the first game under the new games section in the Xbox one store is after all Minecraft...

I don't know where you got that idea but that's unrealistic

More like completely fabricated. @JawsClaws did you have a source for this idea? That doesn't sound like the kind of thing any company could hide and get away with. If there had been any kind of deal it would have been announced already.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS EVEN THOUGH IT ALREADY PASSED IIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS TERRARIA 1.3EEEEEEEEEEEEE
[doublepost=1515885743,1515885592][/doublepost]
Yeah but compare a month to 1-2 years. What difference is an additional month or two gonna make compared to the time we've waited for?

Life or death for some people.

Actually, I think @JawsClaws has a point. The 1.3 update was released on the 14th of december for PS4. Tomorrow's the 14th of January. If what he is saying is true, it will be exactly one month that the PS4 update has been released.
This is utterly ridiculous and absolutely false.

If you choose to not believe the actual explanations for the delays, that's your business, but making up ridiculous conspiracies like this needs to stop.

As a person that plays on playstation I Am going to give my 2 cents here.
You can say it would be better if they just let it go out already, but when the game keeps crashing randomly and I keep losing progress it wasn't fun, not to mention some of the new items either don't work, don't load right, or again, cause a crash.
While playable, I still would have had it later than sooner.

I have some great news for you; it does! The majority of players waiting on the update have other games they can play, and probably should play, before they get lost in the update and fall behind in the other games.

People like you spend little time actually reading the comments in this thread. Few people are upset about the XBOX ONE update being delayed. Most of us are angry at the update being a broken mess on PS4.

It's funny, I've been ranting about it for days, yet I've heard no response from the community manager or moderators about the ETA of a bugfix patch. I've only been told that I'm being "negative".

Stop being so hateful to the devs and mods and other members of the community, we're all friends here, so let's act like it. Got it? Good.

We're not friends here. The developers and moderators are treating the forums like an echochamber, not a place for criticism. Your mentality is the reason why we're in this mess. Stop coddling everyone. Life doesn't work like that.

Just think about this. PS4 Players have essentially helped us create not only a better product for Xbox users, but the game as a whole. I think that's a great thing for this community.

Yeah, okay. If that's how you want to spin this mess, so be it.

And people wonder why some of us are upset at Pipeworks/Re-Logic.

Last edited:
Addressing rude behaivor with rude behavior of your own is not acceptable. Do not insult other members. You have lost your privlages to post on this Thread.
Yknow unless you want to start a full on :red:ing debate on whether or not it's fair for the PS4 community to get the 1.3 release sooner and cause a huge controversy, I suggest that you take a :red:ing chill pill and think about what the hell you're smoking. You really think it's fair for everyone to get an update that we long anticipated for and find out that it has so many bugs that it can't perform to longrun expectations and possibly bring out disappointment in the console community? Have some common sense and a little :red:ing respect. It brings more to be patient rather than to be an arrogant :red2:hole who can't seem to control himself over the possible few days or weeks of waiting. They work harder than your lazy :red2: typing your comments showing no respect to the people who are only trying to make your hopes come to life. So how about you just shut the :red: up and have a little optimism you :red: pessimistic :redmunch:.

Pipeworks. Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. I cannot show you how much I appreciate what you've done and all the updates and honesty you've given to us about what is going on. Our community truly appreciates what you do and wishes you luck in the succession of being able to submit the new update. Can't wait to kick the moon lord's butt. Thank you so much.:D:D:D

It's a little ironic that you act like an adult when you can't speak like one. It's like taking a bite out of a sandwich and finding a taco shell under the meat.

It's funny, I've been ranting about it for days, yet I've heard no response from the community manager or moderators about the ETA of a bugfix patch. I've only been told that I'm being "negative".
Well I haven't been around here for long to fully understand the situation, but I can see why it'd be hard to tell someone something that potentially will irritate them, especially when they have an attitude. If you look at it in their perspective, they didn't expect this bug to pop out. It's strange that the PS4 edition was exempt from the issue, but then again, I don't know a lot about coding.

Well I haven't been around here for long to fully understand the situation, but I can see why it'd be hard to tell someone something that potentially will irritate them, especially when they have an attitude. If you look at it in their perspective, they didn't expect this bug to pop out. It's strange that the PS4 edition was exempt from the issue, but then again, I don't know a lot about coding.

Being cautious about telling the community for your game something is wrong just because a few might get upset is the exact behavior that I'm chastising. Pipeworks was not ready for a project of this scale, and they haven't exactly handled the failed launch that well either.

Being cautious about telling the community for your game something is wrong just because a few might get upset is the exact behavior that I'm chastising. Pipeworks was not ready for a project of this scale, and they haven't exactly handled the failed launch that well either.
Ok I get that. Maybe a clear idea or goal for how they would address the xbox issue would be better.. But this update has rewritten the game. Using the same x86 architecture and codebase from the PC and putting it on consoles, along with optimizations. Most developers would just do it as a new game instead of updating the source. It's a large update, larger than what 1.2 was for it a few years ago. There's bound to be issues and bugs, they just weren't expecting this specific one.

Ok I get that. Maybe a clear idea or goal for how they would address the xbox issue would be better.. But this update has rewritten the game. Using the same x86 architecture and codebase from the PC and putting it on consoles, along with optimizations. Most developers would just do it as a new game instead of updating the source. It's a large update, larger than what 1.2 was for it a few years ago. There's bound to be issues and bugs, they just weren't expecting this specific one.

I don't care about the XBOX issue. I care about the game actually being playable, which right now, it is not. I know there would've been bugs, it's common sense. What doesn't make any sort of sense to me is how they could spend months on bug testing and still release this mess. It's like they don't have a QA department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom