Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. How about you actually look and don't just say it's not there. It is, otherwise dozens of people wouldn't say the same thing. Microsoft :red:ed up and updated the store but not the game itself. Pipework Studios is taking way to long. 2 years is :red:ing stupid. They shouldn't be allowed to work on future updates. I'm not going to play 1.3 for xbox one when it comes out for 1 to 2 days because I know it will be buggy as hell even after waiting another :red:ing month from the PS4's release date.

@Orian116

Please do not self-censor profanity in posts. We use a profanity filter on these Forums so that members who don't wish to see profanity for any reason can have it blocked with the filter. Self-censoring interferes with it.

I have edited your post so that the instances of profanity in your post are written out in full. If you have questions about this, you can PM myself or any Forum Staff member.

As told in my feedback thread https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/loads-of-bugs-and-crashes-for-devs.65406/ My y brothers (high content) world was overwritten after a session in my world and hes very shook up about it and it has killed our fun in the game together especially with the extreme lagspikes in jungle and hell biome and the fact that enemies keep dupe spawning so they are often invulnerable to damage and cant be knocked back. This occurs in multiplayer expert mode. (i do feel like this is a communication error in multiplayer, like the data is faultily being calibrated on the split connection, same deal with dissapearing enemies we encounter alot, or atleast he does more than me.. but i encounter them too)

We dont play this game solo, mp only so we decided not to play Terraria anymore at all untill these specific things are fixed. However is there even any way to regain his lost world?? He had almost all items and a heap of platinum coins in that world and now its just gone..

Also, i would BEG you guys to code in a manual forced quicksave button. I dont want to have to exit the darn game everytime we find a cool rare item just because were likely going to crash without it saving (this has happened on multiple occasions, waiting for the auto save took to long apparently)
PLEASE.

Last edited:
As told in my feedback thread https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/loads-of-bugs-and-crashes-for-devs.65406/ My y b
Also, i would BEG you guys to code in a manual forced quicksave button. I dont want to have to exit the darn game everytime we find a cool rare item just because were likely going to crash without it saving (this has happened on multiple occasions, waiting for the auto save took to long apparently)
PLEASE.
did you backup your data at any point? if not i'm not sure about the data ,but wait for an official response.

did you backup your data at any point? if not i'm not sure about the data ,but wait for an official response.
I dont know if he did, he mightve actually since we both got a ps4 pro a few months ago and had to.

edit: obviously that would wipe his new char so unless he wants to start over finding hearts and mana (atleast his inventory he can put into chests) for his current char we made fresh for expert mode thats just not going to happen.

Last edited:
well if the legacy save file is still somewhere on your pc i say wait 4 the update b4 restoring any old backups

I was honestly hoping the Xbox version would get a fairly early release time this month, but with no 1.3 to play on the Box (regardless of owning the PC version since I play more on the Xbox with friends than anything) it's been a bit disappointing that it got this heavily delayed, understandable, I guess, but still disappointing. Main reason we were hoping for a chance to play 1.3 this month is because Monster Hunter World is dropping near the end of the month and that's where my friends and I will begin sinking the majority of our play time. We just wanted to play 1.3 as something of an interim until that point. Still, hopefully it does drop soon and we'll likely still play it on the side when it comes out.

Also for all those people jumping to the conclusion of the whole "Store Update" where they changed the graphics and believing an update will be soon as a result of that change, I'd caution you to temper your expectations severely. I've had those same graphic changes since around December time I think. Initially it did make me think an update was occurring, but nothing showed up. So really, you cant place an expectation on it being a sign that it's happening any time soon, sorry.

Wow my Terary I won’t even stay on for two minutes before crashing
[doublepost=1516115787,1516115709][/doublepost]Ever since I got the new title screen for it it’s been acting funny

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can we get an updsate on the status of the update

Wow my Terary I won’t even stay on for two minutes before crashing
[doublepost=1516115787,1516115709][/doublepost]Ever since I got the new title screen for it it’s been acting funny
Whatever I’m done playing terraria until the update gets here and if it keeps it up I’m just not gonna play it at all

This is why I moved on from the Xbox, I swear it's overrun with entitled, toxic, fanboyish children (literally and figuratively) that do nothing but slam other consoles and pitch a fit when they don't get update or games faster or at all.
@SonowRaevius, let's keep this thread about the game and the update, not about other members or your opinions about them.

Have a question, the limit of time on the day/night of console witch the 1.3 are the same witch the pc version? Or still are the same like the 1.2?

are the devs willing to consider bringing back the "save" and "exit without saving" options? Only being able to "save and exit" makes long building sessions incredibly risky. I understand there is an autosave option, but I'm sure I'm not the only builder out there who likes to try stuff without being locked into it. Restarting is faster than fixing some things. This was a great feature and I've lost an incredible amount of progress because an errant game freeze forces me to close the application and all the work I've done is lost. Will they please consider this when they start looking into tweaking the UI?

I know it is on the list of community feedback. Cannot say what will and will not be considered/tweaked until both teams have a chance to go over that. Right now, the focus is on bug fixing.

On the microsoft store it shows terraria with a new title and a 1.3 description with 1.3 screen shots. Is this a mistake or what?

I suspect this is a left hand - right hand thing at Microsoft (where the store page vs the update/tech side are not the same people) and/or 505 - where they were given the store assets for the upcoming launch and when things had to be pulled back for a few extra days for the SDD and Tower Crashing fixes (as @ClearConscious noted), the "marketing" side didn't hold up and just pushed their bits live. I already let 505 know about this as soon as I heard over the weekend. Of course, my hope is that the update is out to match the store soon, as that would be the best solution. Will let you know what I hear back.

If they release the update tomorrow then you know that pipeworks made a deal with sony to release updates a month before xbox

It would not mean that at all - as such a deal does not exist.

The developers and moderators are treating the forums like an echochamber

Not sure where you got that bit. There are more and plenty examples of "negative feedback is allowed" over these 32 pages. Have read and noted down every bit of feedback - which by its very nature is negative/desiring of change vs what is here. Negativity and Positivity are welcomed - what is not welcomed is when people take that as a license to break forum rules and delve into personal attacks or rants that cross the line.

yet I've heard no response from the community manager or moderators about the ETA of a bugfix patch

They are giving the only response that they have to give. When they have more details, they will give those. Would love nothing more than to have it date/have it out.

Will see where things stand with the team today - rest assured that we are as interested in seeing this out as soon as possible.

When the update comes out. How will the option to load old saves work. Will we be able to load them at a future time instead of first time running it in case people do not want to risk loss of worlds ?
@Loki @ClearConscious

It's highly agreed. Most people don't realize this but computers have only been around for less then 100 years, as a species we've only come so far with computing technology. Comparison of the code base used by PC vs Consoles is like writing in English for the PC where many of the words in the language end with "ING" and writing a code in a different format or in a new system is like decifering Chinese or French or Spanish where most of the words don't end with "ING". Flaming eachother over this is a sign of weakness only in yourselves and shows everyone that you lack the understanding. All of us here taking part in the forum's are all brothers and sisters through past generations and also in the future generations to come. We understand that some people are hurting irl, we understand that we are all hurting over this, but this does not excuse anyone here to be rude or mean to anyone. You can be mad, angry and upset, but please find other outlets. Goto a fair and find out how fast your fastball is, mine was clocked out at a top speed of 93mph. :)
Trolling is fine when it's all fun and games, but it becomes bullying when someone's taken it too far.
Telling someone to off themselves over the Internet is just the same as manslaughter, specially when you don't know who it is you're saying it to or their lives. For anyone knows these victims receiving it may have only others left to put their faith into rather then their family and friends because those people disappointed them and may actually follow through with what you say. And guess what, guess who goes to jail, the person who said it! Yes, if the courts ran an investigation and found evidence of this and deemed it your fault. The internet is a place in real life we all goto, it's a composite of many places where people meet and connect, mostly to have a good time. You wouldn't like it if I came to your favorite playground, sporting bar, legion, resteraunt, apartment building and etc. And trashed the place, so lady's and gentlemen please be kind, be angry but also be kind. Patients is the key to happiness.
I know it is on the list of community feedback. Cannot say what will and will not be considered/tweaked until both teams have a chance to go over that. Right now, the focus is on bug fixing.

I suspect this is a left hand - right hand thing at Microsoft (where the store page vs the update/tech side are not the same people) and/or 505 - where they were given the store assets for the upcoming launch and when things had to be pulled back for a few extra days for the SDD and Tower Crashing fixes (as @ClearConscious noted), the "marketing" side didn't hold up and just pushed their bits live. I already let 505 know about this as soon as I heard over the weekend. Of course, my hope is that the update is out to match the store soon, as that would be the best solution. Will let you know what I hear back.

It would not mean that at all - as such a deal does not exist.

Not sure where you got that bit. There are more and plenty examples of "negative feedback is allowed" over these 32 pages. Have read and noted down every bit of feedback - which by its very nature is negative/desiring of change vs what is here. Negativity and Positivity are welcomed - what is not welcomed is when people take that as a license to break forum rules and delve into personal attacks or rants that cross the line.

They are giving the only response that they have to give. When they have more details, they will give those. Would love nothing more than to have it date/have it out.

Will see where things stand with the team today - rest assured that we are as interested in seeing this out as soon as possible.

When it's all said and done and the problems are fixed it'll be a masterpiece to play, the team are doing their best to work on the problems the least we can do is support their hard work rather than be negative at times like this as fans who enjoy the game

@Loki @ClearConscious
Is there a thread for community feedback where we could submit issues that arent necessarily bugs, but performance inhibitors or ideas? Thanks!
Also, although its not out for everyone and its rough for ps4, thank you for your hard work bringing this out. I am confident this will pass and we will have a solid console version that everyone can enjoy. I appreciate it. Terraria is my favorite game so far I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom