Steam Deck Steam Deck seeds not working

Gurusum

Terrarian
Hello,

I am playing on Steam Deck and I can't get seeds to work. I've watched several YouTube videos, and 1.4.3.6 version seeds aren't exactly the same for me. Is this a known thing, should seeds work differently for Steam Deck? I'm guessing jt should be exactly the same as the PC version. Thanks for any advice. Specifically I'm looking for an enchanted sword shrine.

These issues are a long time, recurring problem we've had with Seed functionality between different platforms (PC, Linux, etc). This is due to some very deep fundamental differences in how those OSs themselves function, which causes minor inconsistencies which end up diverging heavily in the worldgen process. We suspect that Steam Deck as well is impacted by this.

I would guess (without having confirmed) that seeds DO work on Steam Deck, but they are identical on the Steam Deck, but not the same as from other operating systems.

With that said, we are attempting some significant overhauls of the worldgen process to attempt to alleviate the impact of these OS-level variations; in short, we are hoping this issue will be fixed with the 1.4.4 release.

It is possible that the issue will recur in another form after, but that remains to be seen. Hopefully soon, seeds from different OSs will be consistent again! :)

Yes it
These issues are a long time, recurring problem we've had with Seed functionality between different platforms (PC, Linux, etc). This is due to some very deep fundamental differences in how those OSs themselves function, which causes minor inconsistencies which end up diverging heavily in the worldgen process. We suspect that Steam Deck as well is impacted by this.

I would guess (without having confirmed) that seeds DO work on Steam Deck, but they are identical on the Steam Deck, but not the same as from other operating systems.

With that said, we are attempting some significant overhauls of the worldgen process to attempt to alleviate the impact of these OS-level variations; in short, we are hoping this issue will be fixed with the 1.4.4 release.

It is possible that the issue will recur in another form after, but that remains to be seen. Hopefully soon, seeds from different OSs will be consistent again! :)
Yes! It was almost the same, the biomes were in the same spots just the enchanted sword shrines weren't and chests were missing. Specific chests and the large trees could be on the opposite side or completely missing. I figured it was something in the way Linux interpreted the code compares to pc. You are right that two Steam Decks would create the seeds exactly the same, as I tried on two and both were the same.

On a side note I did find an enchanted sword shrine and created a spawn in there and I've tried a couple hundred times and so far I can only get the enchanted sword.

Back
Top Bottom