Resolved Steam has issues when launching tModLoader 1.4

SkipperBlue86

Terrarian
A lot of other people seem to be having this problem, so I would also like to say that I have this problem in better search for an answer. Whenever I try to launch tModLoader 1.4, it opens a dialogue box for a few seconds then closes. It says this:
Verifying .NET....
Logging to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/tModLoader/tModLoader-Logs/Launch.log
Verifying installation directory...
Fixing .NET SDL PATH issues
Success!
Verifying .NET platform specific libraries are correctly deployed
I'm on Windows, no need to do anything
Success!
Parsing .NET version requirements from runtimeconfig.json
Success!
Checking for old .NET versions to remove from folder
Cleanup Complete
Checking dotnet install...
Dotnet should be present in "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/tModLoader/dotnet/6.0.0"
Launched Using Local Dotnet

At looked at the file that is said should have a dotnet in, and it had the dotnet, so I don't see why it doesn't want to launch. If anyone knows the answer your help would be appreciated by a lot of people.

Resolved!!
All I had to do was delete the old dotnet folder and it automatically installed the correct one when I tried to open tModLoader without a dotnet

Resolved!!
All I had to do was delete the old dotnet folder and it automatically installed the correct one when I tried to open tModLoader without a dotnet
Thank you man I had the exact same problem and I had to scour the internet for like a :red:ing hour. So thank you so much you legend.

Resolved!!
Thanks so much man, worked immediately. I wish I found this thread sooner, would have saved me an 30 mins of searching.

Back
Top Bottom