1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.

PC Steam Server Joining Crash

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Sonnette, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Sonnette

Sonnette Retinazer

upload_2017-9-8_22-51-17.png
    I've gotten back into Terraria recently with friends, and we use steam hosting. With both of my friends, whenever I join either of them, it crashes (Happens about 70% of the time, no noticeable pattern) with the screen above. I have tried by using the Steam window using Shift+Tab, the external window of Steam, the friends list, the personal player profile, I have tried everything that comes to mind.

Whenever it happens, it occurs within 10 or 20 seconds of actually clicking the "Join Game" button. It happens after I click the button, before the character selection screen comes up.

It never happens when I join via IP.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I've found several other examples of this. However, all of which I have found don't give a lot of information on how to recreate the bug, and none of which I've found have an answer.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Hypalaser

Hypalaser Skeletron

reroute the XNA program.

it looks as if the Booleans are a bit glitched

3. Sonnette

Sonnette Retinazer

Thank you. I'll try this, and if it doesn't work I'll post back here.

4. Hypalaser

Hypalaser Skeletron

NP. :)