Other steam workshop

should there be a workshop

• yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
I'd be supporting this if I only downloaded the mods, but since I'm sort of a modder myself I'm not. Steam Workshop is terrible when it comes to mod visibility.
There's nothing wrong with visibility. Add right tags and people will find your mod. I tend to go through ALL mods when i'm into a game with steam workshop.

But for the general topic, i was just thinking of ways i would get back to playing Terraria and i think the solution is modding. Especially possibility to script the game. Something like making block or enemy look different is meaningless.

(But i'm not that willing to use 3rd party tools like tConfig)

I'm 80% sure red, or one of the devs said that when Minecraft gets a built in modding system, then they would add workshop support, and now Minecraft has added "addons"!

I hate the steam workshop with a passion. Very user unfriendly, needing to subscribe to mods and all that nonsense.
I prefer sites like the Nexus.

That said, when it comes to sharing/showing sprites this forum really is all you need.
would that make it to where you dont need to mess with files?

i just dont get it, why is it that all of the sandbox games i have seen on steam so far have a steam workshop yet terraria is the odd one out on the steam workshop because it does not have it. (the games i know for sure have it are games i have played a little bit of. like starbound, ark survival evolved, space engineers, terratech, brickrigs, from the depths, unturned, and trove)

Back
Top Bottom