Weapons & Equip Steampunk Propeller - New Mount Idea

Is this a good Idea?

• Total voters

TheAverageCommoner

Eye of Cthulhu
The idea of vehicles in Terraria has always intrigued me.
So on the fly, (See what I did there) I "originally" came up with the idea to have a form of flying mechanism in Terraria.
Originally, the idea was given to me when a student of mine drew this helicopter with gears and all that supporting the structure of the propeller and the helicopter in it's entirety.
It had me interested, to say the least.
So... With all this being said and done...
Edited due to tendencies making me stupid.
The Steampunk Propeller.
"Summons your very own Steampunk Helicopter."
Flight Time: 30 seconds
Speed: (In air) Insanely Fast
Speed (On Ground) Extremely Slow
(How does it move on ground, you may ask? Well, it would have little gears at the belly of the helicopter to act like wheels. But this is very slow, and air travel would be recommended)
Fall Damage: No

Idea #1
This mount will be obtainable after beating plantera and going to the Steampunker during a solar eclipse.

Idea #2
The item can be crafted with 20 Tin Bars, 50 Gears, 1 damaged propeller and 15 Souls of Flight at a tinkering table.

Idea #3
The item is a (random percentage) chance of dropping from (post plantera boss)

Recommendations and constructive criticism is welcome in open arms.
Also looking for sprite artists that wouldn't mind helping. I'd appreciate the help.
If you do want to help by making the SP's sprite, send me a PM with a link or thumbnail of the sprite.
If you need a format,
Here's the student's doodle.
Feel free to add your own detail.
Credit will be given.
DSC_0102.jpg

Last edited:
"Use time" applies to weapons and tools; are you suggesting a time limit? Most mounts don't have those.

"Use time" applies to weapons and tools; are you suggesting a time limit? Most mounts don't have those.
A time limit is intended, yes, but it wouldn't drop like a rock. Like the Honeyed Goggle Mount, it would slowly descend, but if you had enough air time, you could still use it while in air.
Sorry, I wasn't as detailed as I implicated to be.

hrm... this might be good I have to say but... what if the steampunker sold fuel that the jet could consume and make the flight longer?

A time limit is intended, yes, but it wouldn't drop like a rock. Like the Honeyed Goggle Mount, it would slowly descend, but if you had enough air time, you could still use it while in air.
Sorry, I wasn't as detailed as I implicated to be.
Ah, you're referring to flight time. As a HM counterpart to Honeyed Goggles, it looks good to me.

Ah, you're referring to flight time. As a HM counterpart to Honeyed Goggles, it looks good to me.
Yeah, as I said, I'm not as upbest in all the details.
Feel free to suggest your ideas.

hrm... this might be good I have to say but... what if the steampunker sold fuel that the jet could consume and make the flight longer?
30 Seconds of Air Time with Good speed isn't bad considering most air mounts only have 20-19 seconds in air at best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full support, and maybe you could attach the image that inspired the suggestion? Also, a steampunk version of da Vinci's helical air screw (basically a helicopter) would also be an interesting way to add this.

Drawing of said invention:
Leonardo_helicopter.JPG

Full support, and maybe you could attach the image that inspired the suggestion? Also, a steampunk version of da Vinci's helical air screw (basically a helicopter) would also be an interesting way to add this.

Drawing of said invention:
Leonardo_helicopter.JPG
I'll try not to make it not as awkward asking him for a doodle he drew in his notes.
Best bet, I'll have it this week. Considering he doesn't file a complaint on me.

still... I want to feul my jet plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a thread about steampunk helicopters.
A jetplane is not a steampunk helicopter.
It is a modern form of transportation that I hate because I always get seated next to the woman with the baby who is loud as a blowhorn in your ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom