Steve of a Thousand Naps - The True Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, my dearest Terrarians. Though I need no introduction, I feel as though I owe you an explanation of my true life story. Yes, I will introduce you all to my love-life that has always been. Following this post, my girlfriend, who some of you may know as justarandomTerrarian, will take over and tell her introduction as well.

Long before I came to Terraria Online or TCF, or where ever you may have met me on
this vast electron sea...I was roaming about in my real life town of Greenville, in South Carolina. Downtown specifically, there was a park, Falls Park to be specific. There I saw a beautiful woman and I felt the urge to approach her, which I very well did. Her name was Lilith. We chatted all day that day and we met up the next following days after that. I found out she liked to game, she loved Terraria...and she has a funny sense of humor. But to my distress, she was European, only in my state to visit family. So when she left, I was saddened, but we talked online, eventually, we played games together regularly. When she visited next, months and months later, we decided to do our best and date, disregarding the distance.

We really enjoyed playing Terraria together...I'll let her tell the rest for now...

Last edited:
Well, I guess it's time to tell the whole story. But before someone calls in a producer to make a Hollywood romantic movie based on what Steve said, there are some things to mention first. So, let's start.
Yes, I am female. Not everything I told on TO and IGF is a lie, though; I am half Hungarian and half American. Some of my relatives lived in the US, so I visited them twice a year. I was 15 at that time, and really liked nature; so I loved going out to the park in that busy city. I guess it was part of his romantic nature and part the fact that I was reading a manga of xxxholic that encouraged Steve to pick me up (yes, he had already been obsessed with all things Japanese at that time, but so was I). I didn't really have many friends at that time, seeing I spent nearly all my freetime in the USA, so I was more than happy to make one, even if he spoke English. You see, I had trouble asking a for a loaf of bread. If I had a dollar each time Steve laughed at my pronuncation, I could have afforded settling down in Greenville. But in the end, he taught me to get myself understood, as I was shy and didn't have an opportunity to practise my English. So when we got to know eachother, we discovered that both of us liked playing video games. We played Heroes of might and Magic III first (I can imagine zimberzimber's eyes kindling already), but he didn't like strategy that much and I basically owned him every game. So it was a real relief when I heard about Terraria, and he loved every piece of it. It actually brought us together to the point that we're going to get engaged this Christmas (Well, there were other factors too, but I have to keep it child-friendly :dryadhappy:).
As I promised, I'll tag everyone who told me they were interested in the story: @Fruitbat @TTStooge the Invincible @Baconfry @Mugi @Merchantdrake @Dettbizzle @DestroyerArcher @Jetstream @Scarecrow @Gmodlol61 @ppowersteef
Feel free to ask your questions!

I think JRT can explain this better...But she was on TO first. I was never much into gaming forums, so I never really participated. Until she came up with the idea of Steve of a Thousand Naps, a 1600's troll who just hates filthy casuals...Intrigued, I adorned the mask...and came to TO an honest troll. Though, I didn't really want to be viewed as an online dater or someone who was just there for his girlfriend's sake...So we kept it secret.

I will only believe if you post a sex scene of both of you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aye, actually, it wasn't Steve but I who have always been the naughty type. It started off as the urge to discuss Terraria with other people. But before I registrated to TO, I thought; why not two birds with one stone... but registrating there to troll seemed too simple. Instead, I decided to be a barely-legit harbinger of the real man, Steve. He found the idea crazy at first but I persuaded him. Then we had to choose a gimmick for each of us. His character was inspired by the Black Knight from Monty Python, speaking in a Middle-Age style and looking down on casuals, only to be defeated by them. My job was to create controverse while accumulating sympathy; I did this by centering my character around Mussolini (Hitler would have been too hardcore), but overall being funny and sort of popular. It included things as participating in flamewars, favouring the most unpopular opinion, and getting warnings for minor things. I had to be familiar with the humour of internet subculture, too; it reached it's peak with the infamous Long-Awaited Terraria Manga. It was important to make final ban unjustified; to raise sympathy for me.
Steve, though, was actually the distraction; the school example of being a troll, provoking other users by his pompous style and posting hentai, of course. You see, relativity is the key here. I wasn't labeled a troll because people had a comparison, and to Steve I was like a white knight. We avoided looking related, of course; I confronted Steve for being a troll on multiple occasions, and he tried to bait me, too.
When we were done with TO, it was time for IGF, but that's another story... :dryadsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom