Texture Pack The Kobold Emporium (Races, pets, mounts, furniture, and more!)

View attachment 274547

Kobolds are tiny goblin-like reptiles, found as playable races in many fantasy tabletop RPGs such as D&D and Pathfinder. They're incompetent, selfish, dragon-fetishizing, and have an affinity for traps and trickery. And yet, thanks to creative minds like Chris Zito, Monty Glu, and Matthew Mercer, the internet seems to have fallen in love with these adorable villains.

Now you can have a rabble of these diminutive troublemakers in your own game!

1.0: Includes 7 enemies, 1 NPC, complete gibs, and redone emotes and UI.

-------------------------------------------------

Update 1.1: Added 2 paintings, Terrarian Gothic and Goblins Playing Poker

View attachment 278251
I love this texture pack so much!
Amazing work!
Tho the banners dropped by them are still goblins...

Tho the banners dropped by them are still goblins...

I decided not to change the banners, because for one, they're really abstract already, and for two, because someone might be using them in a build.

Do you think it's more important to have them match the monsters they come from?

Last edited:
I decided not to change the banners, because for one, they're really abstract already, and for two, because someone might be using them in a build.

Do you think it's more important to have them match the monsters they come from?
I think keeping it the same is more important because most people remember what a specific banner looks like and what it gives you advantages against, but changing it might cause confusion with other banners

I think the goblin tinkerer's icon on the map is still a goblin, otherwise I installed some file wrong.

The map icon works fine for me.
There's only one file to install. If anything is a kobold everything should be, even the map icon.

Although, the map icon broke once for me, too, a few updates ago. I didn't change the file at all to fix it, it just fixed itself. You could try pulling npc_head_9 out of the zip, re-saving it in an image editor, and putting it back in.

where in the terraria folder do i download this to

On the main menu, click [Texture Packs], then [Open Folder] at the bottom. Put the Zip there.
Restart your game, then click on [Texture Packs] again. Enable the texture pack with the arrow button.

1593633073246.png

I would like them to be changed but when you put it like that then I'm conflicted...

Finally managed to get into the localization and change every instance of "goblin" to "kobold" (Minus any references to the DD2 goblins, of course.)
Awesome resource pack, the art looks like it's part of the base game, especially after changing the names of everything to reflect the new sprites.

Attachments

• Kobold.png
    Kobold.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Finally managed to get into the localization and change every instance of "goblin" to "kobald" (Minus any references to the DD2 goblins, of course.)
Awesome resource pack, the art looks like it's part of the base game, especially after changing the names of everything to reflect the new sprites.

If it's possible to make that a downloadable thing I'll absolutely add it to the post. What does it take to change localization?

oh my gosh YES! YAAAS! BOLDS! lovely scaly kobolds this is amazing.
i just talked before the update to my friends, that we need more bolds... and that kobolds would fit nicely into the game. i tryed to get an outfit into the game that leans into kobolds and steampunk theme but it didnt work out, oh well. *shrug* but this pack its makeing me very happy so...
thank you SO much for this.<3
(yes i have fallen in love with kobolds since i made a kobold artificer as my DnD char)

oh also Capture 2020-07-05 13_53_03.png maybe want to turn the goblin statue into a kobold one so that it fits the theme and well the spawned mob x3

something extra tho... Kobold followers as a respirits for some rarely used pets/ligthpets((maybe a kobold holding a lantern?)) (or the pets that AI would fit the best *shrug*)
it would be great haveing like two of them follow your char around.
maybe as an Add-on download for this pack. (just as a suggestion)

but really amazing work! love it.

oh my gosh YES! YAAAS! BOLDS! lovely scaly kobolds this is amazing.
i just talked before the update to my friends, that we need more bolds... and that kobolds would fit nicely into the game. i tryed to get an outfit into the game that leans into kobolds and steampunk theme but it didnt work out, oh well. *shrug* but this pack its makeing me very happy so...
thank you SO much for this.<3
(yes i have fallen in love with kobolds since i made a kobold artificer as my DnD char)

oh also View attachment 282014 maybe want to turn the goblin statue into a kobold one so that it fits the theme and well the spawned mob x3

something extra tho... Kobold followers as a respirits for some rarely used pets/ligthpets((maybe a kobold holding a lantern?)) (or the pets that AI would fit the best *shrug*)
it would be great haveing like two of them follow your char around.
maybe as an Add-on download for this pack. (just as a suggestion)

but really amazing work! love it.

Glad you like it! Love kobold artificers.
All these blocks I didn't know about. I'm going to have to download that 100%ed journey mode character just to test all these things.

I don't know if there are any pets with a large enough sprite, but I might be able to do the pygmy or pirate minions.

Last edited:
cool! ^_^
i mean kobolds are somewhat small i am sure you can try things out for the pets ligth pets and summones if you up for it i mean.

the mastermode pets aswell some of the new pets are alright in size.
Capture 2020-07-05 20_34_11.png i mean this is the pet from the mastermode plantera (the pet item is the plantera seedling)
i think it migth be perfect for a kobold retrexture! (just as suggestion ^^)

the bolds you made look great and fitting, i really love how the "kobold" tinkerer is almost a head smaller then the player and the plant is pretty much the same in size. xD

Last edited:
the mastermode pets aswell some of the new pets are alright in size.

After rummaging around in the sprite data, I won't have to use a master mode pet. The baby dinosaur actually has a MASSIVE sprite, due to its flying animation adding a tiny pterodactyl. Its movement in flight mode is also suitable.

Last edited:
ohhh! yeah that would fit. maybe a ligth pet aswell? cus kobolds dont like to be alone...?
yeah sorry i just like bolds and would love to have a few follow me around.
if it comes to fighting the pirat staff and the pygmy staff would fit nicely.
xD

Back
Top Bottom