tModLoader Stormalisk's Mega Mix

Stormalisk

Empress of Light
Terraria has a pretty solid soundtrack, however, it never has been a strong point for me when playing. Some times I remember themes of good old games and other modern/classic/mod titles I can't seem to get enough of.
Lets quickly mention about one of Terraria's big competitors, Starbound.
While it may lack Terraria's content, it has an absolute mind boggling good soundtrack.
So here I present a mix of many game/mod theme titles I've found to fancy and feel like they can support the biomes/events I presented to them.
All Music Rights.
Frank Klepacki (C&C), Curtis Schweitzer and Solatrus (Starbound), Danny Baranowsky and Ridiculon (Binding of Issac, Super Meat Boy), Zero Project, Mudeth (Binding of Issac Antibirth), Wertandrew2 (Binding of Issac Revelations), Emile van Krieken (Aether Mod), Jerry Martin (Sims), Voog2 and Scarecrowman (The Betweenlands Mod), Gavin Parker (Transformers Armada), Harry Mack (Slime Rancher), Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts), CornandBeans and Selcuk Bor (Castle Crashers), Garry Schyman (Destroy All Humans), Mark Knight (Dungeon Keeper 2), Chris Christodoulou (Risk of Rain), PilotRedSun, Syusaku Uchiyama & Misao Senbongi & Masami Ueda (Resident Evil 2, 4), David Wise and Kenji Yamamoto (Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze), Matt Uelmen (Diablo 2), c418 (Minecraft), Jake Kaufman (Adventure Time HIKWYSOG), Derek Duke & Glenn Stafford & Russell Brower & Neal Acree (Starcraft 1, 2), Johnny Greenan & Johnny O'Keefe & Dave Owen (Tak ATPOJ), Kumi Tanioka (Final Fantasy CC), Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy 8), Junichi Masuda (Pokemon RSE), Kenji Yamamoto (Super Metroid), Lena Raine (Celeste), Kamex (Pokemon RSE Cover), Northnan (Metroid Cover), Shea Leffler (Celeste Cover)

>1 Night : Nomads - Starbound
>2 Eerie : The Marshalling Yard - Resident Evil 2
>3 Day : Blue Straggler - Starbound
>4 Boss1 : Crusader - Binding of Issac Rebirth
>5 Title : Planetarium - Starbound
>6 Jungle : Fogger - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>7 Corruption : Morphine - Binding of Issac Antibirth Mod
>8 Hallow : Taswell (Cut) - C418 Minecraft Beta Album
>9 Underground Corruption : Apostate - Binding of Issac
>10 Underground Hallow : 10dec14down - Pilot Red Sun
>11 Boss 2 : Cerebrum Dispersio - Binding of Issac Afterbirth
>12 Undergound : The Second Hand - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>13 Boss 3 : Burning Ambush - Biding of Issac
>14 Snow : Artic Exploration 2 - Starbound
>15 Space : Out of Orbit - Binding of Issac Antibirth Mod
>16 Crimson : Zerg Theme Mix - Starcraft 2 WOL
>17 Boss 4 : Divine Combat - Biding of Issac
>18 Day Alternate : Europa - Starbound
>19 Rain : Haiku - Starbound
>20 Ice : Journey - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>21 Desert : Recon - Command and Conquer
>22 Ocean : Amiss Abyss - Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>23 Dungeon : Dungeon - Adventure Time, Hey Ice King, Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?
>24 Plantera : Tlaloc - Tak and the Power of JuJu
>25 Boss 5 : Unholy Assault - Biding of Issac
>26 Temple : Homesick Malign - Binding of Issac Antibirth Mod
>27 Solar Eclipse : Drowning - Binding of Issac Antibirth Mod
>28 Rain SFX : Unchanged
>29 Mushroom : Chanson d'Automne - Risk of Rain
>30 Pumpkin Moon : Night of Tragedy - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
>31 Underground Alternate : Traction - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>32 Frost Moon : The 13th Dilemma - Kingdom Hearts 2
>33 Underground Crimson : Zerg Theme Mix 2 - Starcraft 2 WOL
>34 Lunar Event : Matricide - Biding of Issac Rebirth
>35 Pirate Invasion : Rage of The Champions - Castle Crashers
>36 Hell : "Red Soil" Remix of Lower Brinstar - Super Metroid - Northnan
>37 Martian Invasion : Capitol City Hunted - Destroy All Humans!
>38 Final Boss : My Innermost Apocalypse - Binding of Issac
>39 Goblin Invasion : Factory - Castle Crashers
>40 Sandstorm : Desert Exploration 2 - Starbound
>41 Old One's Army : Dungeon Battle Mix - Dungeon Keeper 2
>42 Space Day : Wings - Minecraft The Aether Mod
>43 Ocean Night : Ocean Exploration 2 - Starbound
>44 Windy Day : The Afternoon Streets - Kingdom Hearts 2
>45 Wind Ambience : Unchanged
>46 Town Day : Building Mode 6 - Sims
>47 Town Night : Building Mode 2 - Sims
>48 Slime Rain : Danger - Slime Rancher
>49 Terraria Remix - Unchanged
>50 launch Title Screen : Stellarformation - Starbound
>51 Alt Title Screen : Stellarformation - Starbound
>52 Thunderstorm : Drought/Heavy Rain mix - Pokemon RSE - Kamex
>53 Graveyard : Eternal Oath - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
>54 Underground Jungle : The Search - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>55 Night Jungle : Gloom - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>56 Early Hardmode new boss : Surface Tension - Risk of Rain
>57 Late Hardmode new boss : Infanticide - Binding of Issac Rebirth
>58 Duke Fishron : Tidal Wave - Transformers Armada Game
>59 Morning Rain : Epsilon Indi - Starbound
>60 Console Theme : Radio - Command and Conquer
>61 Underground Desert: Wasteland - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>62 Rain (Otherworldly): Departure - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
>63 Overworld Day (Otherworldly): Atlas - Starbound
>64 Night (Otherworldly): Psyche - Starbound
>65 Underground (Otherworldly): Mud - Command and Conquer Red Alert
>66 Desert (Otherworldly): Martial Law- Final Fantasy 8
>67 Ocean (Otherworldly): Mangrove Deeps- Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>68 Mushrooms (Otherworldly): Valves - Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
>69 Dungeon (Otherworldly): Find Your Way - Final Fantasy 8
>70 Space (Otherworldly): Moa's Song - Minecraft Aether Mod
>71 Underworld (Otherworldly): Resurrections Baritone Mix - Celeste - Shea Leffler
>72 Snow (Otherworldly): Chillin With My Bro- Adventure Time, Hey Ice King, Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?
>73 Corruption (Otherworldly): Carrion - Binding of Issac Repentance
>74 Underground Corruption (Otherworldly): The Depths - Binding of Issac Rebirth
>75 Crimson (Otherworldly): Zerg 2 - Starcraft
>76 Underground Crimson (Otherworldly): Zerg 3 - Starcraft
>77 Ice (Otherworldly): What Lurks - Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun
>78 Underground Hallow (Otherworldly): Biome Fest - Minecraft
>79 Eerie (Otherworldly): Infiltration - Redsident Evil 4
>80 Boss 2 (Otherworldly): Juggernaut - Binding of Issac Repentance
>81 Boss 1 (Otherworldly): Tandava - Binding of Issac Antibirth Mod
>82 Invasion (Otherworldly): Battle of Lil' Slugger - Super Meat Boy
>83 The Towers (Otherworldly): Fallen Angel - Binding of Issac Rebirth
>84 Lunar Boss (Otherworldly): Hericide - Binding of Issac Rebirth
>85 Plantera (Otherworldly): Numa Plant - Tak and the Power of JuJu
>86 Jungle (Otherworldly): 200 Meters - Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
>87 Wall of Flesh (Otherworldly): Invictus - Binding of Issac Antibirth Mod
>88 Hallow (Otherworldly): Dreiton - Minecraft
>89 Credits: Stellar Acclimation - Starbound
>90 Deerclops: Glacier Boss- Binding of Issac Revelations Mod
>91 Aether: Blind Spots - Minecraft

If any of these suit your fancy and you want to give this a go, here is the link:
Windows:
Stormalisks Mega Mix.zip

To install simply:
1. Find "Stormalisk's Mega Mix" on the Steam workshop
2. Subscribe to it and then boot Terraria
3. Click on "workshop" on the menu and then "use resource packs"
4. Click on the red box with an arrow that is with "Stormalisk's Mega Mix" and go back to the main menu
5. You should hopefully hear new music playing and enjoy!

For Manual Installation:
1. Find \Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks
2. Move the downloaded file to that location and then boot up Terraria
3. Click on "workshop" on the menu and then "use resource packs"
4. Click on the red box with an arrow that is with "Stormalisk's Mega Mix" and go back to the main menu
5. You should hopefully hear new music playing and enjoy!

tModLoader is not needed for the Wavebanks, and are compatible with 1.4+ Terraria.

NOW INCLUDING AN EXPANSION FOR TMODLOADER!
This mod will expand you tmodloader experience with my wavebank, as well as themes for environments that do not exist in other versions.
All music credit:
Space Day : Wings - Minecraft The Aether Mod
Ocean Night : Ocean Exploration 2 - Starbound
Snow Night : Artic Exploration 1 - Starbound
Desert Night : The Spice Must Flow - Emperor Battle For Dune (Frank Klepacki)
Town Day : Building Mode 6 - Sims
Town Night : Building Mode 2 - Sims
Slime Rain : Danger - Slime Rancher
Underground Jungle : The Search - Command and Conquer Red Alert (Frank Klepacki)
Night Jungle : Gloom - Command and Conquer Red Alert (Frank Klepacki)
Underground Desert: Wasteland - Command and Conquer Red Alert (Frank Klepacki)

To install simply:
1. Head over the browser and search my username
2. If somehow not found try searching "Stormalisks Mega Mix Expansion"
3. Be sure to download the wavebank for the full experience
4. You should hopefully hear new music playing and enjoy!

If any problems somehow persist, please do not feel hesitant to let me know. I lurk around the tmodloader discord if you find it diffcult to contact me here.

Last edited:
<UPDATE>
-Added much more music for the new musics save the ambience, new title screens, and party girl music
-Changed Jungle Day Music

Last edited:
Update:
Set rain effect sound back vanilla Terraria's, as there was a break in the loop that was irritating.

This is a VERY well-made wavebank, and has everything I look for in soundtrack replacements. The music selection is fantastic imo, and all songs I've heard so far fit together very nicely in terms of style, mood, volume level, and I haven't noticed any sloppy loop points at the end of tracks. The mood of many tracks is slightly more serious compared to vanilla, but it works very well imo. It's obvious a lot of effort was put into making it.

I thoroughly recommend others to try this one out. It's done so well, I'd consider it a great example of how wavebanks should be done. Great work. :happy:

Thank you for the very positive feedback, I greatly appreciate it!

I now have a Linux/Mac version up (Mac isn't tested), however, it is incredibly larger than windows version. So until someone steers me in any possible shortening directions beware the large download.

68kKB vs. 510kKB wew laddie.

Also, old link is now LM version due to accidentally overwriting window's link. Just in case anybody bookmarked the download or something.

The mega hiatus is over, bringing on in the big 1.4 beta!
Update:
-Added much more music for the new musics save the ambience, new title screens, and party girl music
-Changed Jungle Day Music

Note: Linux/Mac 1.4 still not released

THANK YOU for updating this. Finally got a chance to try it out, and it's as far fantastic! My only "issue" (which is nothing against this but more of a personal one) is that this doesn't replace the 'console theme,' being the main theme that now starts up with the game -- it's my least favorite Terraria track, so I'd happily take a replacement here as well if you're ever willing. :p

It's just really nice to have my favorite wavebank updated -- it always just seemed to fit the game better than any other (imo even perhaps vanilla). It's a crime this doesn't get more attention!

Btw I've heard the devs are planning something new with the soundtrack in 1.4.1, so it's possible wavebanks will have to be updated again, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Regardless, thanks again.

I've still been pondering on what to use for that intro, though I think I have another Starbound track in mind.

I would like to get on that this week, as I was previously booked at my job for 6 days a week and im beyond exhausted. Now that the mess is clearing up i'll have my freetime back.

Last edited:
We seem to have very similar tastes, between RE2, Binding of Issac, Diablo 2, the Sims, etc. So I'm looking forward to your pick -- but take all the time you need.

Here comes an update!

I changed the late hardmode boss's track, tweaked Slime Rain and Windy day's loop, and added new startup track.

I'll update linux/mac this weekend.

Another update coming through.

Tweaked every boss/event track to be more streamline when looping, finally got the slime rain track to a place were i'm happy enough with it.

Pardon the lack of the linux/mac updates for those whom may be looking for them. I find it difficult to stay awake most nights due to work so I dedicated last weekend to alot of rest.

If I am unable to get to those updates this weekend, fret not, as the weekend after i'll have alot more free time.

While the Linux/Mac versions were trapped on hiatus due to issues, I got around to releasing an experimental pack changing around a few things. Let me know what you think of this pack.

My previous statement of me having more free time got nuked hard because of current world problems and it came down on my job as well. Now my previous statement came true... Finally... So Linux/Mac versions are planned for this weekend unless something else happens.

Linux/Mac versions of both packs are out! Enjoy!

Also, the desert music was changed in the alternate pack.

Last edited:
The underground themes for the evil biomes in the alternate pack were changed. Linux/Mac alts were updated as well.

Also, a reminder of Stormalisks Mega Mix Expansion for tmodloader!
This mod now greatly expands upon the wavebank by adding themes to different biomes that don't have a day/night theme as well as biome based underground themes!

Boy its been abit, lot going on lately. However, being things have calmed down figured an update was in order to top things off.
Enjoy!

I have returned once more!

Remember that bit about alot going on? Yeah was still dealing with that or playing around with other games for awhile. However, I return with the Labor of Love, bringing some big changes as well!

I am dropping wavebank support, unless I get enough requests to warrent continuing them, due to the resource pack system. You can find the pack both on the workshop or a manual download!

Last edited:
Had to shrink my pack's description for the workshop cause the scroll bar sometimes causes issues with resource pack descriptions.

I will update the music expansion mod someday, however, it is on the backburner for now.

Back
Top Bottom