Story of a Paladin

hmm... i am reading this through a second time, and i must congratulate you an a job well done (i forget wether I've posted here before) also, in case you know what i am talking about, i find the paladin's condition to be similar to that of Alphonse Elric :)
EDIT: its actually a lot more depressing than that, isn't it...

Last edited:
Incredible this is only the third story i read on this forum but i read it all in one day, the level of writing and the lore are just awesome. I don't know i you'll keep writing but i wish you good luck :)
You read it all in one day? I don't even remember how long it got and if it's actually as much as it felt to write, but that is impressive. Thanks a lot! Really!

And thanks to everyone else as well!

So, as my last status says, there was a previously unseen revision of the first chapter of SoaP that I once made but never got to show here. It's all in there now; all 21 posts were edited last night, with lots of improved and even new content. It's never gonna be perfect in my eyes, but as of now, that section of the story is so much better than it ever was before (I wrote it like a year ago, didn't I? That's so long ago!). I treat the story as a single block in my documents, but in the forum version's structure, divided into pages, some of them simply had some grammar adjustments while others doubled in size. All in my effort to make the story more exciting and a better reading experience.

I hope you enjoy it, sincerely! Not many of you are still subscribed to this thread and/or willing to read again, but some of you certainly are, so this is for those of you guys, and also for me.

You can go read it from the beginning in the first post of this thread, and continue by clicking the "next page" arrows as usual.

Oh, and it would be great if I could change the whole story into the new format. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I'm really considering getting a degree in English now, just so I could write something like this.
I'm always told here that my writing skills are great, but I wouldn't really know; English is not even my first language, and English classes are horrible were I live... So I learned it using the internet, on communities online, were people actually talk to each other for real instead of through the crude and meaningless repetition found in a classroom. I've learned a lot from these very forums, actually. I've been on this community since the Terraria Online era, and when you're actively using a language, you absorb a lot of stuff. Like osmosis, I think.

This isn't supposed to be a humble brag. The message I'm trying to convey is this: Don't go to college for something you can learn at home (at least, not until you think you've reached your limit learning alone. Choose to study whatever you desire). Be free and explore! The forums have been my playground. I've written stories before this one, and made drawings, and other things too. A lot of it I showed here, and through it I grew as an artist and as a person, and with the help of the community.

I hope I can continue to get better at writing and many other things in the future. Having written it myself, I can't truly see how good or bad my story really is, so I trust you guys. You tell me it's great, so I know I've been doing things right, and for so I thank you, too.

Last edited:
This isn't supposed to be a humble brag. The message I'm trying to convey is this: Don't go to college for something you can learn at home (at least, not until you think you've reached your limit learning alone. Studying literature or a foregin language is as great an option as you want it to be). Be free and explore! The forums have been my playground. I've written stories before this one. I've drawn before, and made other things too. A lot of it I showed here, and through it I grew as an artist and as a person, and with the help of the community.
If only I remembered this. Would have saved myself A LOT of stress and bad emotional outbreaks.... that and some amount of dept.

Samrux, this series inspired me to write. I just read the story for the first time in nearly a year, I still love it. For a while I thought about writing something from a mage point of view, but I simply don't have the imagination to. Thank you. :dryadhappy:

Samrux, this series inspired me to write. I just read the story for the first time in nearly a year, I still love it. For a while I thought about writing something from a mage point of view, but I simply don't have the imagination to. Thank you. :dryadhappy:
Thank you for being my guest, and for being so considerate so as to come and say such nice things. I'm so glad this story opened up writing for you.

Hey, it's been a long time. Through mere chance I happened to come back to the forums last year to publish my own mod (though not without help). That programming project even convinced me to study software engineering this year, so that's exciting.

It's clearer than ever that Story of a Paladin is never getting finished. It was probably too stretched out to begin with, where I had planned it to get faster and more condensed as it went on.

I thought I'd come here and tell you how the final chapters were going to go. Though only a paragraph in size, it carries my dreams and emotions for this project.

Samrux wakes up for a third time, and remembers the horrible truth, the reason he was there the day the Dungeon was cursed and sunken: His King, the one he served, was a Moon Lord cultist all along, and orchestrated the event. The rage of this realization destroys any love Samrux has left for humanity. He accepts his role as the monster.
Centuries go by, as the above world goes from stone to warheads, and back to stone, that a few times. By his fifth awakening, Samrux makes friends with a wisp, which is the spirit of a lost explorer.
Eras pass by. The magic in the world is fading. The Paladin is never freed, he is never redeemed, and an apparent eternity is spent in a lost building.
Eons pass by. The dungeon is opened up, but there is nothing inside. The deepest chamber is uncovered, full of dust and scrap. There is a faint light, and paper by its side. As the last water candle finally goes out, the paper crumbles.
Samrux watches from heaven above.

Edit January 2019: A short segment where I reimagine the paladin story I wanted to tell al along.

Last edited:
Aw... unfortunate.

Funny thing, I was also going to do something similar with a Wisp being the soul of an adventurer in one of the Terraria things I was planning out. XD

Back
Top Bottom