Which NPC?

• Librarian

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Guide

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Your idea sucks

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Edit April 19, 2018: I am turning this suggestion around with my enhanced experience. I will put the old version in a spoiler.
So, if forum ideas came to terraria, their would be a lot of stories to tell for things like Chacme, the alternate WoF. So how about a librarian or another option for the guide? It would tell the new forum creature's stories, or maybe some other one too.
The librarian NPC will come to a house with a bookshelf. It may be also put as a different guide function. It will tell the stories of old.
The three gaurdians, after being defeated were repaired and made stronger by the cultists. They will return someday, stronger and angrier, tearing through the night seeking after metal figurines imbued in aincent magic, killing any who stand in their way.

Last edited:
The problem is that this suggestion relies on a huge 'if' - if all these massive, story-containing biome alternates and new bosses make it into the game. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see these biome alternates, but given how long they've been around (years), how fleshed out they've been (very), how popular they are with the community (extremely), and how many of them have actually been implemented (zero)... I'm not holding my breath, is what I'm saying. And this is a what-if for a what-if.

And, to be honest, while I think the Depths is very cool, I don't think Chasme fits well into Terraria at all - specifically because her story, and by extension the biome, is so lore-heavy. And that's because a feature like this doesn't already exist in game... because the current lay of things doesn't have very much lore and can be understood at face value. I'm not saying it couldn't work, but I was always a little less keen on that particular Hell alternate than I was for things like the River or this one abyss one with ether whose name I forget, because it doesn't stand on its own two legs the same way the latter ones would, or existing game content does. It feels more mod-territory than other suggestions I've seen, though in the end, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

But back to the point, I think this isn't a standalone suggestion. There aren't very many suggestions that would require this, and none of them appear to be anywhere near the game, so... yeah. Might belong better in that thread than here.

Back
Top Bottom