Resolved Strange wire bugs - Wire limit?

Thruid Guild

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Good evening, I have recently been trying to build a very large wire/ logic structure that involves several thousand multi-layered wires connected that are getting activated. However, i have been encountering some strange quirks when using this wire path. I intend to have many images in this report and will try to explain the essence of the wiring stuff that i am doing.

- What should be happening

Capture 2021-09-26 20_00_32.png
Capture 2021-09-26 20_00_18.png

when i use the lever in the first image, what is intended to happen is the torches in each image are off and on as shown, as they are both linked to the same wires (see image below). also connected to these same wires is the faulty gates in the left image, which should be turned on as they are now. Note the cross of blocks in the right image.
Wiring that works - note that the cross of blocks does not have any wire in its center (in the right image)
Capture 2021-09-26 20_10_07.png
Capture 2021-09-26 19_59_56.png

What does happen (if it is all wired up)
InkedCapture 2021-09-26 20_13_52_LI.jpg
Capture 2021-09-26 19_59_45.png
Capture 2021-09-26 19_59_39.png

Both of these images are what results when the lever is pulled while there is wire in the center of the cross. What (I think) is happening is that there is some sort of limit in which wires glitch, and that i have broken it by like 5 blocks. What seems very strange is that one of the intended logic circuits activates while non of the torches do, despite being on connected together, as well as the smoke being emitted from one of the and gates as pictured in the left image (doesn't happen when the weird wire is removed). The only thing changed between these two things is that the center of the cross has a wire of every color in it. This should not affect anything whatsoever, as it is clearly only connected to a one-way circuit.
Extra images + video of phenomenon
slightly scuffed drawing of where the wires are going

slightly scuffed image of where the wire is connecting the two images.

the video, sorry for terrible quality; couldn't get it to upload anywhere else.

I will attempt any fixes for this that i can think of and update this post.

Attachments

• Capture 2021-09-26 20_13_52.png
    Capture 2021-09-26 20_13_52.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 45
Woah. That looks super complex. I have no idea how that works XD
But what exactly should this contraption do?

Woah. That looks super complex. I have no idea how that works XD
But what exactly should this contraption do?
i am attempting to create playable chess in terraria using only logic gates and wires. currently it is coming along well with working storage (0.128kb), display and automatic board resetting.

i am attempting to create playable chess in terraria using only logic gates and wires. currently it is coming along well with working storage (0.128kb), display and automatic board resetting.
Woah. That sounds crazy XD That's really impressive XD
Meanwhile, I only understand the most basic wirings like "connect this thing to a switch with a wire, and now it works!" XD I have no idea how the more complex stuff works XD

How exactly would you play chess there though? like, what the figurines are?

I use town npcs as pieces, as they do not despawn (unlike statue mobs) and even stay in the same place after exiting the world.
Capture 2021-09-28 00_40_00.png
Capture 2021-09-28 00_41_49.png

this is the fully loaded board btw, without and with wiring.
I plan on having the actual playing interface be two of these screens; one for piece to be moved and the other from where it gets moved to.

Capture 2021-09-28 00_44_01.png

Since i have finally got the pieces to be on the board correctly i can finally get to moving them, the real complicated part.

Back
Top Bottom