Streaming on Twitch

tryndamid

Terrarian
Hi, sorry to bother. I want to try to stream something for my first time ever and I was wondering if I could stream Terraria on Twitch, specifically Fargo's Souls mod. I'm writing this because I'm really unsure if I can get copyrighted or something for music and gameplay, and if I have to somehow give credits on Twitch. I really love the game and I would just like to try streaming it and I saw a lot of people doing it and I've decided to ask, so I know what I can and what I can't do. Thank you for your time!

I don't think you need any special permission or whatever to stream the game, with or without mods.

Moved to General Talk section.

You should be fine to stream the game vanilla or modified. If you decide to play non-Terraria music in the background it may result in your recorded stream/VOD being muted but that's just twitch and isn't really that big of a deal. Can get your VOD muted for playing 10 seconds of a popular pop song.

Moved to General Talk section.

You should be fine to stream the game vanilla or modified. If you decide to play non-Terraria music in the background it may result in your recorded stream/VOD being muted but that's just twitch and isn't really that big of a deal. Can get your VOD muted for playing 10 seconds of a popular pop song.
So, I can stream it but I have to be careful about the music that I'm putting while playing?

I don't think you need any special permission or whatever to stream the game, with or without mods.
Thank you, for the reply. I'm a little bit paranoid, so I want to make sure that everything is fine.

So, I can stream it but I have to be careful about the music that I'm putting while playing?

Thank you, for the reply. I'm a little bit paranoid, so I want to make sure that everything is fine.

It's a twitch thing so it applies to streaming in general and not just Terraria. With google you can probably find lists of music that are safe to play. It shouldn't result in any bans or punishment to my knowledge though.
From my experience most videogame music seems to be okay and covers of music are usually fine as well. I don't directly stream so I'm not an expert on it.

But yes you can Stream Terraria and don't need to ask permission either, would be a bit silly!

It's a twitch thing so it applies to streaming in general and not just Terraria. With google you can probably find lists of music that are safe to play. It shouldn't result in any bans or punishment to my knowledge though.
From my experience most videogame music seems to be okay and covers of music are usually fine as well. I don't directly stream so I'm not an expert on it.

But yes you can Stream Terraria and don't need to ask permission either, would be a bit silly!
Thank you a lot! Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom