tModLoader Striderr's Alchemy Mod

Maroon

Plantera
sceRaLO.png

Striderr's Alchemy Mod is a mod that allows one to convert
some items into matter, which can then be turned into other items.

For any of you familiar with my older mod that I started a little over a year ago, Equivalent Exchange,
this mod is basically what that mod set out to do, but it only has the features that people will actually use
it for and it's way more organized. This means no more flooded crafting menus filled with every
single item accessible to the player. What I did differently this time was separate items into different tiers,
so one can't simply do things like take a bunch of copper and convert it into hellstone too easily.

lIwMWih.png

-Dirt
-Mud
-Stone (plus evil and hallowed varients)
-Mudstone
-Granite
-Marble
-Sand (plus evil and hallowed varients)
-Sandstone (plus evil and hallowed varients)
-Hardened sand (plus evil and hallowed varients)
-Clay
-Ash
-Silt
-Snow
-Ice (plus evil and hallowed varients)
-Slush

9lG6OwL.png

-Woods
-Silk items (Only items crafted with just silk)
-Copper/Tin items
-Amethyst items
-Topaz items
-Iron/Lead items
-Silver/Tungsten items
-Sapphire items
-Emerald items
-Gold items
-Platinum items
-Ruby items
-Diamond items
-Obsidian items

RMwrG3z.png

-Meteorite items
-Demonite items
-Crimtane items
-Bones and Necro armor

helhFmM.png

-Hellstone items
-Shadow chest items

TlOeAdl.png

-Cobalt
-Palladium
-Mythril
-Orichalcum
-Adamantite
-Titanium
-Frost armor
-Forbidden armor
-Soul of light items
-Soul of night items
-Early hardmode wings

oZdAVgF.png

-Hallowed items
-Soul of fright, sight, and might items

Mtfo6E3.png

-Chlorophyte
-Shroomite
-Turtle
-Spectre
-Beetle

4E7itj6.png

-Luminite
-Lunar pillar items

Media:
(Click on any of these to be sent to my Discord server, YouTube channel, or Twitter account)

Last edited:
The matter isn't really shaded with a light source, and they don't have much contrast color-wise(and are very dark).

Update 1.2 is now available on the mod browser.

Changelog:

- New sprites for some of the matters added (Thanks to @Virukino for pointing out some of their not so good qualities)
- Added Grey Matter
- Fixed some recipes that were missing from the initial release
- New icon in the mod browser

Looks good! So... do you obtain the matter from enemies then use it to create items?

You convert items into matter (what matter you get depends on the item you're converting from) and you can convert the resulting matter into another item. You can find a list of these items inside the thread's "tiers of matter" spoiler.

Update 1.3 is now available on the Mod Browser.

Changelog:

- Soul of light and soul of night items can now be crafted with grey matter
- Early hardmode wings can now be crafted with grey matter
- The frost and forbidden armor sets can be crafted with grey matter

Update 1.4 is now available on the mod browser.

Changelog:

-Added holy matter
-Hallowed items and boss soul items now craftable with holy matter

Update 1.5 is now available on the mod browser.

Changelog:

-Added Chloro matter
-Chlorophyte, shroomite, spectre, beetle, and turtle items can be crafted with Chloro matter

Update 1.6 is now available on the mod browser.

Changelog:

-Added Lunar matter
-Pillar fragment items and luminite items can be crafted with lunar matter

Hey Striderr me and my friend ran into some problems with your mod that we think could be implemented purposefully but i was thinking when you update it you could make the stacks of matter 999 instead of 99

Hey Striderr me and my friend ran into some problems with your mod that we think could be implemented purposefully but i was thinking when you update it you could make the stacks of matter 999 instead of 99
The matter stacks to 9999. What mods do you have installed?

Update 1.7 is now available on the mod browser.

Changelog:

- Increased the price of the copper pickaxe and copper axe due to an exploit involving buying them from the merchant and converting them into matter for extremely cheap prices.
- Jungle armor and weapons are now craftable with dark matter
- The alchemy bench is now named "Alchemy Bench" instead of "Alchemy Bench Mk1"

Question; The matter you gain from items stacks in hundreds, however when moving them around the max stack size is 99. Is this something you could potentially fix so we could manage it a bit easier? Maybe make the stack reach 999 or 9999 max potential size instead. Great mod but the stack size does bug me, especially since it only stays over 99 while it's in your inventory, so a single item could turn into 500 matter which then needs 6 slots of a chest, or you're forced to keep it in your inventory which occupies a slot there instead, if you wanted to store it for a rainy day :p

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the post above about stack size as well, it got lost in the blue/green signatures of change logs xD

Question; The matter you gain from items stacks in hundreds, however when moving them around the max stack size is 99. Is this something you could potentially fix so we could manage it a bit easier? Maybe make the stack reach 999 or 9999 max potential size instead. Great mod but the stack size does bug me, especially since it only stays over 99 while it's in your inventory, so a single item could turn into 500 matter which then needs 6 slots of a chest, or you're forced to keep it in your inventory which occupies a slot there instead, if you wanted to store it for a rainy day :p

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the post above about stack size as well, it got lost in the blue/green signatures of change logs xD
Like I said before with the last person, I have the maximum stack coded into being 9999. What mods are you using?

Like I said before with the last person, I have the maximum stack coded into being 9999. What mods are you using?

Here's a list of my mods, with the added note/reminder that the stack size works perfectly fine until trying to move the stack (at least if trying to hold right-click past 99, can't remember for sure about just left/shift-clicking). Also want to point out that Magic Storage and MechTransfer are both enabled but neither had been used at all before noticing this. Sorry for the late reply.

• AlchemistNPC
  • Angler Quest Announcement
  • Auto Trash
  • Bait & Tackle
  • Base Mod ( for GRealm)
  • Beyond the Forgotten Ages
  • Boss Checklist
  • Calamity
  • Chad's Furniture
  • Cheat Sheet
  • Dark-Assassin's Mod Library
  • Elemental Unleash
  • Enemy Affixes
  • Even More Modifiers
  • Expeditions Base
  • Expeditions Content Pack
  • Fargo's Mutant Mod
  • Fishing 2.0
  • FishingPlus
  • Furniture, Food and Fun
  • GRealm
  • Helpful Hotkeys
  • Helpful NPCs
  • Infinity
  • Invincible NPCs
  • Loot Bags
  • Luiafk
  • Lunar Deconstructor
  • Magic Fertilizer
  • Magic Storage
  • MechTransfer
  • Mod Helpers
  • More Chest Loot
  • MoreAccessories+
  • MultiLure
  • PotionSeller
  • RPG Classes
  • Recipe Browser
  • Reduced Grinding
  • Rewards
  • Shorter Respawn Time
  • Simple Auto Chests
  • Spirit Mod
  • Striderr's Alchemy Mod (That's you! \o/)
  • Summoners Association
  • Tacklebox
  • Teleporters unchained
  • The Antiaris
  • The Luggage
  • The Throwing Expansion
  • Unleveled Mod
  • VeinMiner
  • Vending Machines
  • WMITF?
  • Wildlife
  • Wing Slot
  • Wireless
  • Yoyos+
  • The Enigma Mod
  • imkSushi's Naturally Occurring Moons
  • imkSushi's Mod

is slush ment to be just one junk matter where silt is 5 they are more or less the same thing
[doublepost=1532240036,1532239745][/doublepost]also the large amethyst gem sells for 225 basic matter but cost 650 basic matter to buy

Back
Top Bottom