GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Ubuntu 14.04
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
In 1.3.5, Stucco walls made for an appealing pastel option for room backgrounds. In 1.4, through 1.4.0.5, they have all become weirdly dark (and desaturated, so paint doesn't help).

Could you provide examples?

We didn't change Stucco Walls in 1.4, so I'm confused about your report.

The attached image is from my current base. That rectangle is yellow stucco wall, notice that it's being lit by sunlight (via stained glass) and diamond torches.

For comparison, look back at my fancy base from 1.3: PC - Post Your 1.3 base here!
My bedroom, (upper right, with the Nurse) has yellow and blue stucco walls. Even at night evening, lit by dim Dungeon lighting, it still shows lighter and with better color than the image below.

ETA: Here's a daylight view of a slightly earlier version: PC - Post Your 1.3 base here!

Attachments

• Capture 2020-06-11 11_02_05.png
    Capture 2020-06-11 11_02_05.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,251
I'm going to go do some testing, but are you by any chance using different lighting modes than before? Could be impacting your results.

I'm going to go do some testing, but are you by any chance using different lighting modes than before? Could be impacting your results.
I haven't messed with lighting modes lately -- it was set to "Color", but I looked at it in each of the other modes, with no noticable change.

I loaded up a copy of 1.3.5.3, and made a Stucco build. I screencapped it, and then loaded it up in 1.,4, and screencapped again.

Aside from some very slight lighting adjustments (that make it look a slight bit brighter), I'm not seeing a difference.

1591893104908.png

It might help if you provide an "after" shot of your 1.3.5.3 screenshots?

I'm not completely clear what you mean by "an 'after' shot of your 1.3.5.3 screenshots?", but I loaded up a copy of the old world into 1.4... and found that I'd actually forgotten exactly what I did there (and also exaggerated in memory how bright the results had actually been). Whoops...

Really, I should have been tipped off earlier by the point that there is no "blue stucco".... ;-) That was red stucco, painted yellow and blue! My memories have floated back of working this out... I found that while yellow and gray stucco didn't show color well, red and green could take paint better. (And I realize again that Terraria really does need some better pastel colors.... ;-) )

Back
Top Bottom