Switch Stuck on loading screen, prevention (info)

°GoreiNu°

Steampunker
Hello, good evening. How a lot of Terraria Nintendo Switch owners known, there's an awful bug right now that make your world stuck in the loading screen, so basically you lose your progress and u can't play. Unfortunatly is not possible to fix this, but you can prevent it.

It seems that there's a few item in the game that are causing this problem, one item is the "Item Frame" (Furniture). DO NOT CREATE, PLACE, THIS ITEM.
You guys can try it by yourself if you have doubts about this. I'm pretty sure that is not the only item that is causing this problem, but is the only one that i have encountered so far.

Honestly idk if i'm doing good on posting this here, but if i'm breaking any rule, please admin T.T move the thread instead of deleting it.
Hope that this can help u guys!, cya.
Item_Frame.png
(the guilty of losing 2 worlds) Edit: THanks to a guy on reddit, the **Training dummies** are added to the items in the list that can trigger the bug, be aware!

Last edited:
I’m kinda scared to even start a new world. The last one cost me 25 hours. Is yours still working? I had frames built but not dummies.

I started a new large world without any item frames, and for 2.5 hours of playing and Save & Exiting about 4-5 times the world seems to work just fine. So at least for me it works :)
(poor item frames, playing without them really sucks)

I’m kinda scared to even start a new world. The last one cost me 25 hours. Is yours still working? I had frames built but not dummies.
I lost 3 worlds, but since i'm not using the item frames and the dummies, everything works just fine in my new world. Give it a try, just play without those items.

One of the things I found useful is to carry your most valued items with you in your inventory, because unlike minecraft you don't drop all your items. I found this helpful as i lost one of my best world with 130 hours in it. One other thing: do not try to do duplication glitches or any other type of glitch as that will corrupt your data. Its what happened to me.

Hello, good evening. How a lot of Terraria Nintendo Switch owners known, there's an awful bug right now that make your world stuck in the loading screen, so basically you lose your progress and u can't play. Unfortunatly is not possible to fix this, but you can prevent it.

It seems that there's a few item in the game that are causing this problem, one item is the "Item Frame" (Furniture). DO NOT CREATE, PLACE, THIS ITEM.
You guys can try it by yourself if you have doubts about this. I'm pretty sure that is not the only item that is causing this problem, but is the only one that i have encountered so far.

Honestly idk if i'm doing good on posting this here, but if i'm breaking any rule, please admin T.T move the thread instead of deleting it.
Hope that this can help u guys!, cya.
Item_Frame.png
(the guilty of losing 2 worlds) Edit: THanks to a guy on reddit, the **Training dummies** are added to the items in the list that can trigger the bug, be aware!
Thanks @°GoreiNu°

Yes, there is an issue with worlds that have Item Frames or Training Dummies placed in them. Don’t delete your world. Pipeworks (the console developers) are working on a fix, and they’ve said it will be included in the next patch, they are working on getting that out to everyone as soon as possible.

For the time being, while playing in other worlds, avoid using Item Frames and Training Dummies.

Thanks @°GoreiNu°

Yes, there is an issue with worlds that have Item Frames or Training Dummies placed in them. Don’t delete your world. Pipeworks (the console developers) are working on a fix, and they’ve said it will be included in the next patch, they are working on getting that out to everyone as soon as possible.

For the time being, while playing in other worlds, avoid using Item Frames and Training Dummies.
And don't forget that after the fix, the world's will be playable

Back
Top Bottom