Stuck on "Starting Server"

ZayneExo

Terrarian
Hey guys, I'm having an issue while trying to host a game. I tried searching but Im not sure anyone else has my same issue. Anyways, when I get to the part where it says "Starting Server" it stays there. I thought it might have been the firewall or anti virus, but I never had this problem before until two days ago. I noticed two weird things. One, something seems to pop up, but doesn't show itself. Basically, when it gets to the "Starting Server" screen, I'll hear the music like normal, then it will stop for a few seconds, and outline of the game switches, as if I opened a new tab or something. After another few seconds, the music comes back on and the outline goes back to normal. (Sorry if that made no sense. Just an observation that I thought could help). The second is that when I try to start the "start-server" or "TerrariaServer" executables, Im given a weird message, then it crashes. I'll post a screen shot of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I tried uninstalling and re-installing Terraria, the XNA, and .net framework, multiple times but to no avail. I've also message with the anti-virus and firewall settings with no luck. Weird thing is, everything works fine in single player mode. I can even join other servers, I just cant host. (All the hardwork my gf and I have been doing are on this computer, but for the time being, shes hosting my world file when we play)

My specs are:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.50 GHz
  • Memory: 6.00 GB (5.89 GB usable)
  • Hard Disk Space: 543 GB free out of 679 GB
  • Video Card: 2823 MB Video Memory
  • DirectX®: 11

Attachments

• Terraria Error.jpg
    Terraria Error.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 981
Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm having an issue while trying to host a game. I tried searching but Im not sure anyone else has my same issue. Anyways, when I get to the part where it says "Starting Server" it stays there. I thought it might have been the firewall or anti virus, but I never had this problem before until two days ago. I noticed two weird things. One, something seems to pop up, but doesn't show itself. Basically, when it gets to the "Starting Server" screen, I'll hear the music like normal, then it will stop for a few seconds, and outline of the game switches, as if I opened a new tab or something. After another few seconds, the music comes back on and the outline goes back to normal. (Sorry if that made no sense. Just an observation that I thought could help). The second is that when I try to start the "start-server" or "TerrariaServer" executables, Im given a weird message, then it crashes. I'll post a screen shot of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I tried uninstalling and re-installing Terraria, the XNA, and .net framework, multiple times but to no avail. I've also message with the anti-virus and firewall settings with no luck. Weird thing is, everything works fine in single player mode. I can even join other servers, I just cant host. (All the hardwork my gf and I have been doing are on this computer, but for the time being, shes hosting my world file when we play)

My specs are:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.50 GHz
  • Memory: 6.00 GB (5.89 GB usable)
  • Hard Disk Space: 543 GB free out of 679 GB
  • Video Card: 2823 MB Video Memory
  • DirectX®: 11
curious, do you say "yes" to the UPnP question?

Back
Top Bottom