PC Stuck on the connecting to... screen

Mikaboshi

Skeletron Prime
Me an a friend have tried to join one another servers, but its stuck at the connecting to (IP address). i have tried every solution out there. i disabled my firewall, i deleted my firewall/antivirus soft McAfee, i TRIED to port forward 7777 on my router through the Verizon ip address URL thing. I downloaded two port forward programs and tried porting 7777 forward to my ipv4 address, but all of it kept saying failed. The other person used my ipv4 address and my public ip address. We even downloaded hamachi and followed the instructions on the YouTube video about creating a network and joining it, then making a server on Terraria server and entering the hamachi ip address... i'm stuck completely and i need help. I'm able to play with my brother on a server, but i think that is because we are on the same WiFi. I really need help please.

Me an a friend have tried to join one another servers, but its stuck at the connecting to (IP address). i have tried every solution out there. i disabled my firewall, i deleted my firewall/antivirus soft McAfee, i TRIED to port forward 7777 on my router through the Verizon ip address URL thing. I downloaded two port forward programs and tried porting 7777 forward to my ipv4 address, but all of it kept saying failed. The other person used my ipv4 address and my public ip address. We even downloaded hamachi and followed the instructions on the YouTube video about creating a network and joining it, then making a server on Terraria server and entering the hamachi ip address... i'm stuck completely and i need help. I'm able to play with my brother on a server, but i think that is because we are on the same WiFi. I really need help please.

Hi,

Hamachi is useless since its new releases, it no longer bypasses the port forwarding as it used to. You will need to make sure that all your firewalls are disabled, those included are the ones in your router/modem, and the windows firewall. If all else fails, I would recommend you DMZ Host your LAN IP or the Hosting Machine's IP to fully allow connections.

Regards,
Marcus

Hi,

Hamachi is useless since its new releases, it no longer bypasses the port forwarding as it used to. You will need to make sure that all your firewalls are disabled, those included are the ones in your router/modem, and the windows firewall. If all else fails, I would recommend you DMZ Host your LAN IP or the Hosting Machine's IP to fully allow connections.

Regards,
Marcus
what do you mean by disabling the firewall on my modem? and how do i use DMZ Host? btw thanks a lot fr the quick response.

what do you mean by disabling the firewall on my modem? and how do i use DMZ Host? btw thanks a lot fr the quick response.

You will need to identify your modem/router, and locate the Firewall section, unfortunately I can't help you since I do not know what type of device it is. There is an option under Advanced or Firewall Tab/Menu to find it, and simply set it to off. DMZ Host or DMZ should be also an option somewhere in your router/modem, if you see it, it will ask for the LAN IP, something along the lines 192.168.1.x.

Regards,
Marcus

You will need to identify your modem/router, and locate the Firewall section, unfortunately I can't help you since I do not know what type of device it is. There is an option under Advanced or Firewall Tab/Menu to find it, and simply set it to off. DMZ Host or DMZ should be also an option somewhere in your router/modem, if you see it, it will ask for the LAN IP, something along the lines 192.168.1.x.

Regards,
Marcus
you mean entering http://192.168.1.1 to go to the verizon settings and doing something about the firewall. i think i already tried this.

Edit: ok im on DMZ host options do i put my ipv4 adress in?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom