Xbox One Stylist Bugged?

BaffledDude

Terrarian
I know I'm beating a dead horse; I've found dozens of threads talking about the stylist and how to find them. But I've just spent the last 8 hours looking for this npc in 6 or 7 nests with no luck, and I'm beginning to think she has to be bugged. I've been alternating between waiting on the perimeter with water candles active/ and just straight up clearing every spider nest multiple times.

Do other biomes affect her spawn- my spider nests have been all but surrounded by crimson/hallow? Does she just not respawn if she was killed prior to me finding her? I also have housing available in the off chance that I may have rescued her in the past.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have a lifeform analyser? and a hunter potion could help too (I think it's that, or was it dangersense? I think it's hunter potion)

Yes I've got them all, hunter potion for enemies/npcs and the danger sense potion to spot the cobwebs- other nests. When I'm in the nests I still seem to find nothing other than Medusas or the "shaking golden chest" pet slime on the life analyzer- I was wondering if they were somehow messing with the spawn rates of the bound stylist?

what is the world's difficulty? just curious. because on higher difficulty, black reckluses are quite dangerous, and they can very quicly massacre the bound stylist - she should spawn again though, but it can be difficult to rescue her, if you didn't rescued her pre-hardmode. but in that case you should at least see her on the lifeform analyser I think (as long as she's alive)... so, not sure why is she not spawning.

It's the first choice above journeymode I think, maybe casual? I started it about a year ago, it was my first time playing and didn't want it to be too rough aha. I picked It back up yesterday to go for the remaining achievements.

I'm thinking you're right though- she must have been killed before on this file. It doesn't seem like a very common problem to just have her disappear off of a fresh save. On a different thread I read something about a bug- her not respawning when killed, it could be that as well. That really suck though

Edit: the save is post hardmode, post moon lord. I'm tearing through spiders with the zenith as soon as they appear on screen ahaha ngl that part has been fun at least- I never really USED zenith after crafting it. But yeah so far no luck. I'll try again for a while tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me if I've just been ridiculously unlucky so far.

Thanks for the help so far btw it feels better just having a back & forth on this.

Last edited:
I found the perfect spot with 3 nests almost intersecting each other, did the rounds in there for a while and she finally popped up!! I made it to around 1850 black recluses slain (forget the other one) but that's the stylist finally saved.

I found the perfect spot with 3 nests almost intersecting each other, did the rounds in there for a while and she finally popped up!! I made it to around 1850 black recluses slain (forget the other one) but that's the stylist finally saved.
awesome! good job finding her!

Back
Top Bottom