• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

tModLoader Subworld Library

Yeah... Subworlds has Weakref support lol, guess I forgot to mention that
John admits the wiki needs a redo so that's likely why you missed it.
Anyways I was under the impression that you weren't making optional content (I should consider that at some point myself, the subworld stuff in SGAmod is already set up to be acquirable in MP outside of the subworlds)

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I need a little help with call references. I tried creating an object to ease the calls, but something is going wrong, and the subworld is failing to be registered, and I can't find out why.

This is the class I made to try easing subworld creation. nakano15/giantsummon
And the test map.

It keeps showing "World creation failed.", which only happens when registering fails.

Could someone point what I'm doing wrong?

SunCrafterHP

Terrarian
Apologies for my lack of understanding, but I can't even begin to grasp what's being said here.
What's a subclass? Where do I find or create a subclass? What does SubworldName.<subworld class name> mean?

I'm not very technical minded so all of this soars way past my understanding, and while I see valiant attempts to document and describe the mod here, I think it needs to be clarified and dumbed down so the less technical minded like us have a chance at using this mod

If someone has the time, making a video covering this and how to set up a Subworld would help tremendously! I'm more of a visual learner so watching someone go step by step would make the process a breeze

Tyndareus

Terrarian
Apologies for my lack of understanding, but I can't even begin to grasp what's being said here.
What's a subclass? Where do I find or create a subclass? What does SubworldName.<subworld class name> mean?

I'm not very technical minded so all of this soars way past my understanding, and while I see valiant attempts to document and describe the mod here, I think it needs to be clarified and dumbed down so the less technical minded like us have a chance at using this mod

If someone has the time, making a video covering this and how to set up a Subworld would help tremendously! I'm more of a visual learner so watching someone go step by step would make the process a breeze
Its a derived class inheriting from Subworld. You create one by inheriting from it in normal C# fashion

Then its specified that the localization key is SubworldName.<subworld class name>, so a hell subworld; Hell.HellSubworld, its most likely automatic.

SunCrafterHP

Terrarian
Its a derived class inheriting from Subworld. You create one by inheriting from it in normal C# fashion

Then its specified that the localization key is SubworldName.<subworld class name>, so a hell subworld; Hell.HellSubworld, its most likely automatic.
Where do I define or specify or create the Subworlds? In which file or folder?

I think I understand what classes are now if they define the type of subworld or biome the subworld is created with

Top Bottom