Suggest Challenge Ideas for the 2nd challenge

Razor_Typhoon

Living Tree
The rules

The challenge HAS to be possible (bad example: Terraria but you can only use the copper shortsword)

It cannot be inappropriate

it has to fit the guidelines of TCF.

Now go suggest!

How about having to survive without building a permanent home? Like nomads. You can build small structures to secure yourself but you can’t build proper houses

Also, maybe trying to survive in a world that’s all ocean? Just replace the dirt with sand and put a LOT of water and boom! Ocean challenge

You can only use one weapon, and you must switch it every time you beat a boss with it (you can beat a boss multiple times to swap weapons, but you must use a different one afterwards).

Hmm beat terraria without doing any optional bosses, that means no pre hardmode bosses except WOF and skeletron, and no empress of light\queen slime

Last edited:
-NPC damage only? Only your townies get to do damage. Might need to edit npc health so they don’t get one shotted by bosses ( if it gets too hard maybe you can use the weapons ncps drop also

-minecart moving only. being restricted to rails only might be a fun challenge. Add some extra spice by finishing off bosses with a mine cart impact

-mario challenge: use the slime king mount for damage

-boss challenge: pick a boss and only use their theme items (example: skeletron theme would mean only using bone related items and items from the dungeon For tools and damage, eoc theme means only shield and corruption ore, then yo-yo Later on

-same as above but instead of bosses use biomes to account for the hard mode spike

might think of others later

Last edited:
You wouldn’t slow yourself down considerably every few seconds for a bit of regen.
Also, it would make Duke and Dreadnautilus (which are optional) much harder.

I'm currently doing a mobile 1.3 playthrough where you can only move with a grappling hook. No flying mounts, gravity potions, or soaring insignia.

A much harder challenge would be as follows. You may only move with a grappling hook (as above but you can't use rope). You may not use a pickaxe, picksaw, drill, drax. Only use one class of weapons. Kill every boss (except EoW/BoC, only kill what's available in your world). You may not buy items from NPCs. Follow intended game progression (kill Skeletron pre-Hardmode, don't sneak into the dungeon before Skeletron, etc.)

A much harder challenge would be as follows. You may only move with a grappling hook (as above but you can't use rope). You may not use a pickaxe, picksaw, drill, drax. Only use one class of weapons. Kill every boss (except EoW/BoC, only kill what's available in your world). You may not buy items from NPCs. Follow intended game progression (kill Skeletron pre-Hardmode, don't sneak into the dungeon before Skeletron, etc.)

that give me a good idea...

what if you could only use tools like drills, hammer, etc

no weapons only items that break blocks minus explosives

would be cool to see killing Moonlord with a celestial pickaxe instead of the conventional weapons

I'm currently doing a mobile 1.3 playthrough where you can only move with a grappling hook. No flying mounts, gravity potions, or soaring insignia.

That is literally impossible,where u getting the grappling hook if u can’t mine?

A true melee run

You are only allowed to use melee weapons that don't fire any projeciles so for example you can't use the Ice Blade and True Night's Edge. Boomerangs, Flails, Yo-yos and most of the weapons from the other category on the wiki (only ones allowed are lances and Sleepy Octopod) are also banned due to their range.

Last edited:
  • Cavern world, where the entire world is based underground.
  • No NPC challenge, pretty self-explanatory.
  • 1 HP hardcore FTW, master mode (already attempted by many, borderline impossible)
  • Grapple challenge, where you can only use grappling hooks to move.
  • Hardmode at spawn, where you begin in hardmode with nothing.
  • Hellscape, where the entire world is Hell, excluding the surface, which is made of meteorite ore.
  • Constant night challenge, where the world never turns to day
  • Extra gravity challenge, where you jump 1/2 as high and move 2x as slow.
  • One damage challenge, where every weapon has one damage.
uh that's all I got

• Cavern world, where the entire world is based underground.
  • No NPC challenge, pretty self-explanatory.
  • 1 HP hardcore FTW, master mode (already attempted by many, borderline impossible)
  • Grapple challenge, where you can only use grappling hooks to move.
  • Hardmode at spawn, where you begin in hardmode with nothing.
  • Hellscape, where the entire world is Hell, excluding the surface, which is made of meteorite ore.
  • Constant night challenge, where the world never turns to day
  • Extra gravity challenge, where you jump 1/2 as high and move 2x as slow.
  • One damage challenge, where every weapon has one damage.
uh that's all I got
Not sure if you can set such things like the entire map would be underground of such. - you can do the drow challange though, like, just simply go underground after you spawn and stay underground. I tried it (pre-hardmode), and it's not that bad. but you lack a few common resources like wood and fallen stars.

What I wonder about more is the "hardmode from the start" challange. I did thought about it, and I wonder how difficult it actually is...?

Thoughts about "hardmode at the start" challange (didn't tried yet, but maybe I should give it a try?)

if you have a normal purity forest spawn, you won't have a super hard start, since there are only slimes, right? most of the surface is not that bad. forest definitelly shouldn't be a problem at daytime. (but you wouldn't want to loiter around there the night at the start)
The tough surface biomes are the jungle and the evil biome (which will rapidly spread, so that can be a huge problem too, it really depends on how the world is generated - protecting the spawn area with trenches might be needed relatively early.)

normal early game weapons and armor would be mostly useless. but the bound wizard can be found from the start. so, you could try to get some books from the dungeon or a bookscase if you find one in an underground cabin, and gather soul of night and ichor/cursed flames for a great weapon, relatively early game (of course, surviving in the hardmode evil biome would be much tougher than that. you also have access to the crystal ball for both clairvoyance buff, and as a crafting station, for things like endless arrows/musket balls.

mining for most stuff would mostly be only used for deco, metal armors would be even more useless than usual. however, you can try to get the early hardmode metals since really early game, either via fishing - it would be tedious, but a great way to aquire some hardmode ores from the point you have a good fishing rod and decent gear. catching pearlwood crates shouldn't be that impossible, so, you might can aquire a cobalt or palladium armor as your first real armor.
of course, if not via fishing, you could go for the altars too, if you don't mind the pirates and mech bosses attacking on their own. with a surface mushroom biome, the truffle should move in, and he sells hammush, which should have enough hammer power to smash altars.

most monsters would be very tough first, especially because of the ver limited mobility, but you can get some really awesome drops with luck, both weapons, and other gadgets, such as ankh charm components and such.

sounds tough to fight hardmode monsters with pre-hardmode gear, but you could gear up to cobalt/palladium tier with some fishing and luck, I think, relatively quickly, and then you're not much different from early hadmode on usual playthroughs. you also might get a few quite strong weapons drop early like an amarok, a beam sword or such. things that are somewhat negligable on the usual playthrough, but would boast with great power on this.

interesting that (if hardmode is set via T-edit) I think there would be no Hallow, since that spawns when WoF is defeated. so, an interesting question thether it would spawn, once you defeat WoF, or not? You would be able to buy hallowed seeds from the dryad since the time she moves in, so you could easily create an artifical hallow biome too.

Back
Top Bottom