Other Suggested UI improvements for research/duplication

flarn2006

Terrarian
  • One-click research— this could be assigned to Ctrl-clicking a stack. This is normally how you trash something, but in Journey mode I think it would make sense to reassign it to research instead, and just trash if there's no more needed to be researched.
    • This would also serve as a way to research items directly from a chest, which would be nice to have.
  • When auto-pause is on, it would be nice to be able to start typing and have it automatically switch to the duplication menu and start searching, without having to click the box first. As well as clearing the search box if there's still something typed from the last time the menu was opened.
    • If this wouldn't work—like if auto-pause is off—then it would at least be nice to have a way to select the search box with a keypress on the left-hand side of the keyboard. Enter is still good to have for left-handed people, but it's not the best choice for the rest of us. I was misremembering; Enter only works to deselect the search box, not select it. And I'm still not aware of any convenient way to clear it. By random guessing, I've determined that you can clear the search box by pressing Ctrl+Z, but the search box has to be focused. It would be nice to eliminate the focus requirement though.
    • This has nothing to do with research/duplication directly, but speaking of auto-pause, it would be great to have two inventory keys, one that pauses and one that doesn't. It's a pain not being able to place or use things without putting them in my hotbar, but I don't want to turn it off, because I might forget to turn it back on, and I don't want to leave myself open to attack while I'm doing stuff with items. And a single keypress to unpause once would make a lot more sense than something involving multiple mouse clicks, plus the need to remember to put it back afterwards.
  • It would be convenient to have it automatically scroll to and highlight the newly-researched item if you open the Duplication tab immediately after finishing research for something. This way, I can buy something from a store or craft something and research it without having to immediately look for it in the list if I want to use it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom