Game Mechanics Suggestion: Allow Corruption to be toggled on or off

you don't actually need to hold it back manually.
you just need to make tunnels 4 blocks wide. infections can only spread to blocks 3 tiles away.
a 4 block channel is enough to keep the infections away.
of course you still need to deal with the V but that's fine.

Journey mode is basically throwing the baby out with the bath water.
You already said this. You can just use the disable spread option and nothing else. You can choose to use chat commands in Minecraft to toggle rain and not to teleport you to diamonds.

Maybe pylons could be used to keep away biome spread like the TO trailers. Toggle between their teleportation function and this new "ward".
this basically removes the threat of the corruption preventing NPCS from having homes

on a side note i love how yall assume we be willing to start anew with this "journey mode" just to stop biome spread you guys are truly hilarious
You also assume EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WOULD USE IT.
stop presenting it as a solution.

you just need to make tunnels 4 blocks wide. infections can only spread to blocks 3 tiles away.
a 4 block channel is enough to keep the infections away.

You also need to "wall" them to prevent vine growths - at least on the surface level, don't remember if vines are a problem in the underground level - AKA more work.

of course you still need to deal with the V but that's fine.
It gets kind of long in the tooth on your second world onwards though.

Keeping the spread controlled underground is quite challenging too since it goes all the way to hell.

maybe a super clentaminator? or just increase its range
As mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, the ability to see corruption/hallow block on the map would be really helpful. All it takes is one missed block that's is not cleaned or contained ... It would also help a ton with the planning of a containment strategy too - since we will be able to much more easily see the shape of the corruption.

Last edited:
on a side note i love how yall assume we be willing to start anew with this "journey mode" just to stop biome spread you guys are truly hilarious
You also assume EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WOULD USE IT.
stop presenting it as a solution.
It does not matter if you wont use it. It IS the solution. You just choose to arbitrarily handicap yourself, waiting instead for an arbitrarily more "acceptable" solution that will never come.
And you started anew with 1.4, no? Thats when Journey came out. Unless you mean you just keep playing the same outdated 1.3 save. In which case I dont even know what to say, but you can simply use save editors to convert your existing character and world to Journey with no loss of progress.

And you started anew with 1.4, no?
Don't know about him, but personally I didn't. I carried on using my pre-1.4 world. Can't be bothered to rebuild everything - heck, due to lack of certain QoL features, certain renovations are such a PITA that I generally don't bother.[1] I just created throwaway Master mode worlds to kill the bosses for their new drops and get the new achievements that I can't get in my obsolete pre-1.4 world (e.g. no fairies, no true oases).

[1] e.g. I wanted to move my base underground so my invasion arena can be on top of my base - in 1.4 they shifted the invasion activation range so my old arena doesn't work anymore, i.e. if I got to it I'm out of range for the invasion and it stops. But s#$t man, there are so many things to move, don't get me started about all the crap in chests, that I just didn't bother - my world being obsolete reduced my motivation even further.

It does not matter if you wont use it. It IS the solution. You just choose to arbitrarily handicap yourself, waiting instead for an arbitrarily more "acceptable" solution that will never come.
And you started anew with 1.4, no? Thats when Journey came out. Unless you mean you just keep playing the same outdated 1.3 save. In which case I dont even know what to say, but you can simply use save editors to convert your existing character and world to Journey with no loss of progress.
aight lets just make journey mode a forced option so we have no more complaining about biome spread and no more handicapping myself!

Back
Top Bottom