Console Suggestion: Keyboard & Mouse support

Should Terraria have Keyboard & Mouse support on console?

• Yes

Votes: 57 96.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
I'm new to these forums so sorry if this gets asked a lot already, but is there any information on keyboard and mouse support for consoles? I love this game to death but sometimes navigating the menus or even something as simple as writing on a sign can be very tedious and annoying, especially on a controller with drift, you can easily tell that the menus are design with KB+M in mind, so I just think it would be natural for this game to get KB+M support eventually, and with 1.4 being the next and last update for consoles I'm getting worried that this might not happen.
Hi @Juiceinator, welcome to the forums. :)

I moved your post here to this already existing thread for the same topic. You can see what other members have to say on the topic as well.

Right now though, Pipeworks (the team that ports the game to console) does not have any plans to add it. (edited in Sep 2020 to add that the console development has moved over to DR Studios and has posted a little later on in this thread here: Console - Suggestion: Keyboard & Mouse support)

Last edited:
I love playing Terraria on the computer. The graphics look good (if you have a good computer), the updates that come out before the other platforms, the different servers and mods you can have. Many different things are amazing, but what I like the most about the PC version is the use of Keyboard and Mouse. It let's you move and do everything while in your inventory. It helps you aim much better with ranged weapons. It lets you build easier. I would love to see Keyboard Compatibility on consoles. I think it would make it a whole lot better. It's already a great game, and adding that would just make it even better.

I love playing Terraria on the computer. The graphics look good (if you have a good computer), the updates that come out before the other platforms, the different servers and mods you can have. Many different things are amazing, but what I like the most about the PC version is the use of Keyboard and Mouse. It let's you move and do everything while in your inventory. It helps you aim much better with ranged weapons. It lets you build easier. I would love to see Keyboard Compatibility on consoles. I think it would make it a whole lot better. It's already a great game, and adding that would just make it even better.
Hi @FrozenWolf79, I moved your post here to this existing thread for the same topic.

Hey guys, so judging from the title I’m sure you all know what I’m asking for here. I used to play terraria on console pre-1.4, but after it released I couldn’t wait and got it on my laptop. Not only does terraria run much much better on my console, but all my friends play on it as well. However, after playing with a keyboard and mouse in terraria, I never wanna go back to playing with a controller. The game just feels so meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse, and playing with a controller feels so restrictive. I really hope keyboard and mouse support comes to console terraria in 1.4! Let me know what you think! I really hope DR Studios sees this!

Hey guys, so judging from the title I’m sure you all know what I’m asking for here. I used to play terraria on console pre-1.4, but after it released I couldn’t wait and got it on my laptop. Not only does terraria run much much better on my console, but all my friends play on it as well. However, after playing with a keyboard and mouse in terraria, I never wanna go back to playing with a controller. The game just feels so meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse, and playing with a controller feels so restrictive. I really hope keyboard and mouse support comes to console terraria in 1.4! Let me know what you think! I really hope DR Studios sees this!
Hi @Terrablade101, I moved your post here to an already existing thread for the same topic. If you'll see right above your post here Angryhippo with DR Studios has actually weighed in. :)

ok... please i beg of you. add kbm support to console, PLEASE!! ill give you my left pinky toe to add it, its all good, who needs their left pinky toe anyways

Hi all,

With the announcement of Keyboard and Mouse support from Phil Spencer via Twitter and other media, will Terraria Dev's be looking at adding support for both keyboard and mouse when it's officially released to developers?

phil-spencer-keyboard-tweet.png

This is something I'd love to see for console players and something that would definitely enhance our experience in-game

*Created a poll just to see everyone else's thoughts :)
As a keyboard and Mouse gamer I would absolutely love this. I’m just so used to mouse and full arm movement now

having kbm support would literally make memplay this game non stop, its just really hard to do anything cause its so slow to build and its also hard using anything like rod of discord and star fury

having kbm support would literally make memplay this game non stop, its just really hard to do anything cause its so slow to build and its also hard using anything like rod of discord and star fury
YES!! i hope the devs are seeing this thread cuz it would be amazing if kbm came to console

Hello all!

Long time Terraria fan here! I have been patentially awaiting the Journey's End content to come to consoles (thank you all for the hard work, I would rather it take as long as needed and be released as perfect as possible than it being rushed!) I was just wondering if the new patch will also include Keyboard and Mouse Support on consoles. I cannot seem to find anything on this. Thanks again, love all you do!

Yes i think it will loki has already had a video on it and probably already said that it was getting keyboard and mouse support

Back
Top Bottom