TCF Suggestion Suggestion: Let us save custom text colors

I am rather against this. People need to remember that there are many forum themes and associated colour schemes, and people's custom colours can make posts extremely hard or even impossible to read.
Defure's post above being a perfect example for me, since I can't read his posts unless I stare at them and let my eyes adapt. Since this is a pain in the arse, I don't try to read posts that aren't easily read.

If anyone can just permanently set a custom colour, then I am positive many people will start using this gimmick, ruining the forum's readability.

I really need more :red:ing mental stability before :red:ing taking any negative comments right now, so please just :red:ing don't give me any.

Tbh I would prefer if we could save color codes ingame, but that's not really the point of this suggestion.

Everyone who complains about custom text colors being unreadable has their argument invalidated by the fact that Ctrl+A exists, so being able to save colors on TCF would be fine too.

Tbh I would prefer if we could save color codes ingame, but that's not really the point of this suggestion.

Everyone who complains about colors being unreadable has their argument invalidated by the fact that Ctrl+A exists, so being able to save colors on TCF would be fine too.
some jerks like Defure will try to make it unreadable

some jerks like Defure will try to make it unreadable
Again, Ctrl+A. There is literally no color that is unreadable both highlighted and in themes, I have tested on both mac and windows, using all of the color change options available. Let him try, it would be inconsequential. Plus I'm fairly certain that that's not why he chose that color in the first place.

@Miku Hatsune Look, I don't want to make this personal, so just :red:ing stop giving me negative comments, because I can't :red:ing take them right now, ok? Please just accept that I'm NOT going to take your :red:ing complaints right now. And I DON'T want to make this personal, but YOU are making this personal.

@Miku Hatsune Look, I don't want to make this personal, so just :red:ing stop giving me negative comments, because I can't :red:ing take them right now, ok? Please just accept that I'm NOT going to take your :red:ing complaints right now. And I DON'T want to make this personal, but YOU are making this personal.
sorry, cant read this, too unreadable la la la

Everyone who complains about custom text colors being unreadable has their argument invalidated by the fact that Ctrl+A exists, so being able to save colors on TCF would be fine too.
You can't expect people to do additional actions in order to read someone else's post. People that use colours are basically creating a problem that I need to solve myself? That's simply not how things should work.
That aside, CTRL+A lights everything up like a Christmas tree, worsening the problem for me.

sorry, cant read this, too unreadable la la la
In what world was that respectful? He clearly tried to make it readable for you and you mocked him for it? Why would you even try to say anything like that if you were so clearly contradicting yourself?
You can't expect people to do additional actions in order to read someone else's post. People that use colours are basically creating a problem that I need to solve myself? That's simply not how things should work.
That aside, CTRL+A lights everything up like a Christmas tree, worsening the problem for me.
Triple clicking also solves the problem without lighting everything up, but it still requires another action... I guess it can be annoying, but at least you know that not all is lost, right? It's still faster to do then just reading it, I guess.

One option that would be fine for everyone would be just adding an option to not display colored text. There, now those who want it can have it and those who don't never have to worry about it.

But how is it respectful when, 1. you're specifically targeting me, 2. I have specifically told you to stop, and 3. I have specifically said that I can't take it right now?
In what world was that respectful? He clearly tried to make it readable for you and you mocked him for it? Why would you even try to say anything like that if you were so clearly contradicting yourself?
Both of you, I understand where you’re coming from, but please just report and move on. Don’t engage, it’s being handled.

Triple clicking also solves the problem without lighting everything up, but it still requires another action... I guess it can be annoying, but at least you know that not all is lost, right? It's still faster to do then just reading it, I guess.

One option that would be fine for everyone would be just adding an option to not display colored text. There, now those who want it can have it and those who don't never have to worry about it.
Not all is lost, indeed, since I simply don't read posts that are a bother to read. I just skip them. And I'm fine with that.
For most people it'd be too much of a bother to change their post's colour every time they post, so that means things won't get out of hand anyway.

I am pretty positive though that if people could set their posts to a fixed colour, it'd turn the forums into a frenzied circus of colours, from obnoxiously bright to near-invisible.
The solution you post would become mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom