Suggestion: Seperate title for name changes

Mihn

Empress of Light
It popped up when I'm trying to change my name.
I saw the Re-Logic staff has 3 titles, for example, Loki has "Community Manager", "Re-Logic" and "Admin"
So I'm thinking... when we will change our name, the system will create another title that shows "Previously [YOUR-OLD-NAME] and left the other titles alone.
What you you think?

It popped up when I'm trying to change my name.
I saw the Re-Logic staff has 3 titles, for example, Loki has "Community Manager", "Re-Logic" and "Admin"
So I'm thinking... when we will change our name, the system will create another title that shows "Previously [YOUR-OLD-NAME] and left the other titles alone.
What you you think?

Unfortunately, the plugin is tied to your main title. I can potentially shorten the time, but I'm not going to yank the reference so as to avoid confusing others.

The "stacked" banners are tied to varying tiers of user groups and designed to guide members towards the roles that various people have (for example, anyone with a Relogic banner would be in the employ of Relogic).

I totally get the request - and I honestly have no issues with the concept - I just do not see how it is feasible outside of Skiphs re-coding the plugin, which is highly unlikely.

I will play with it - and in the event I find something that works, I will implement it.

Sounds OK, but not really all to necessary. Though @Loki , on another note, could I possibly have my rank duration shortened? I'm sure everyone knows me by now and already did.

Yea, lower the time or make an option to turn off the Previously stuff
Oh, yeah. An option to turn off the 'Previously XX' title would be good. Nope, that's an understatement, it'd be really good and as well as that, useful.

The previously is there as a service to the rest of the community - again, to avoid confusion as to who is who. There is no way to nor would it make sense - given that intent - to have it individually toggle-able.

The length is set forum-wide, not member-by-member. If I shorten the duration (which I am considering), it will be for everyone.

So, it's a mix of respecting the intent and system limitations in regards to what may eventually occur. :)

Pixel, yours should expire tomorrow anyway. ;)

Back
Top Bottom