PS4 Suggestions for inventory and GUI

Deadonarrival

Skeletron Prime
The GUI definitely needs to be revamped. While the one in use now is functional, it is a bit of a chore to craft and especially move specific items from chests. Lacking the extra space keeps you from using the 'loot all' button too many times. Sometimes, especially in the dungeon, you need to be able take certain items and leave others quickly. The crafting system on consoles is reminiscent of Minecrafts for console. Why not implement the way the inventory and crafting works on the pc? Its quick and intuitive. In my opinion, the best inventory and crafting GUI ever. (Note- this was originally posted on the "Frost Moon Rises On Consoles" thread.)

The inventory menu on PC is heavily dependent on using a mouse though, and it probably won't be nearly as easy to navigate using a controller.

Exactly right. One thing I have noticed is that on pc, you can move your character around while the inventory is open. But on consoles, you are completely pulled out of the action. While the game continues to run! A zoomed out and transparent inventory GUI would help a lot.

Exactly right. One thing I have noticed is that on pc, you can move your character around while the inventory is open. But on consoles, you are completely pulled out of the action. While the game continues to run! A zoomed out and transparent inventory GUI would help a lot.
In this case L3 might move the cursor and R3 moves you. Or in reverse

Putting the crafting and equipables screen together on the inventory is the key. Then use R2 and L2 to bounce between sections. And yeah xxMakeitRainxx, use both sticks and even the touchpad to navigate. I know all this seems like a lot of work for one version but one fact is irrefutable, the next gen versions of Terraria are the future of the game on consoles. If these upgrades should be made to any version, let it be the version that will carry Terraria forward for a decade. *wipes tears from eyes*

I might try that
It allows you to not take your thumb off any of the sticks. I prefer using X. I grew up playing Mario, the other way just feels unnatural.

<Double Posts Merged>

I wonder is 505 games even checks the board every now and then? If these changes could get implemented soon would be awesome. I don't know that much about programming but these few changes don't seem like a lot. Does any one else know how hard this would be to do? I would guess, not so hard?

<Doube Posts Merged>

I noticed the basic cursor doesn't cut out blocks like it does on pc. It would be nice to have the smart cursor implemented. It works a lot better. Letting you cut out sections of block in a perfect diagnol pattern just by holding it in one place. Works way better on pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It allows you to not take your thumb off any of the sticks. I prefer using X. I grew up playing Mario, the other way just feels unnatural.

<Double Posts Merged>

I wonder is 505 games even checks the board every now and then? If these changes could get implemented soon would be awesome. I don't know that much about programming but these few changes don't seem like a lot. Does any one else know how hard this would be to do? I would guess, not so hard?

<Doube Posts Merged>

I noticed the basic cursor doesn't cut out blocks like it does on pc. It would be nice to have the smart cursor implemented. It works a lot better. Letting you cut out sections of block in a perfect diagnol pattern just by holding it in one place. Works way better on pc.
From my little experience with coding I know that GUIs can easily be one of the most complex parts of a system so I highly doubt completely revamping it like you've suggested would be anywhere near simple.

I don't know if 505 does but Mr Rudi certainly does :) He's one of (if not THE) main developers for the console ports. :)

The smart cursor could do with an update, PCs smart cursor was only added in 1.2.4, it will be interesting to see how the codes interact if/when that update comes to console :p

BTW: Please don't double (or triple) post like you did. It's actually against our rules here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...culture-please-read.53/#rulesPostExpectations
In the future please edit your additional comments into your original one if no one else has commented yet :) ('Edit' button is at bottom left.)

Sorry about the double posting. It's something I never would have done on an official thread. I thought since I was the OP, it wouldn't be a problem. In the future, I'll edit my previous one. I have played my ps4 copy for awhile now and I think the smart cursor and lack of traveling merchant, bother me more than the inventory. The trav. Merchant brings the extendo arm (among other necessary things) and I need my extendo arm back. Anyone else have any other additions they miss playing console?

Sorry about the double posting. It's something I never would have done on an official thread. I thought since I was the OP, it wouldn't be a problem. In the future, I'll edit my previous one. I have played my ps4 copy for awhile now and I think the smart cursor and lack of traveling merchant, bother me more than the inventory. The trav. Merchant brings the extendo arm (among other necessary things) and I need my extendo arm back. Anyone else have any other additions they miss playing console?
Well keep in mind that consoles are only at PC version 1.2.2 so we haven't reached the traveling merchant update yet :)

Well keep in mind that consoles are only at PC version 1.2.2 so we haven't reached the traveling merchant update yet :)
I understand but the console version still hasn't implemented all 1.2. Who can say what version it really is because of it.
Addition-
I must apologise to you, the console version, specifically Ps4, is still really enjoyable. I forgot how much fun it is on the console.

Last edited:
I understand but the console version still hasn't implemented all 1.2. Who can say what version it really is because of it.
Addition-
I must apologise to you, the console version, specifically Ps4, is still really enjoyable. I forgot how much fun it is on the console.
Aside from the Inventory slots and coin gun what's missing from 1.2??
Apology accepted :) Enjoying Terraria is something I wish for everyone ^_^

I noticed that the block memory, specifically hitting blocks and either accidentally switching or on purpose, the block has to run its hit cycle over again. I forgot how nice it was to have this fixed on pc.

I noticed that the block memory, specifically hitting blocks and either accidentally switching or on purpose, the block has to run its hit cycle over again. I forgot how nice it was to have this fixed on pc.
Again, this wasn't added until later updates than 1.2.2 on PC haha :p

Back
Top Bottom